2022-2023 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CC x idk just now

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Haven’t had a cc email, II, or pre-II R … but nervous posting on here bc I think it’ll be closely followed with that third option

“Thank you for your interest in joining the entering class of 2023 at the Burnett School of Medicine at TCU. The Admissions Committee recently met and discussed your application in depth and would like to continue considering your application in the future. At this time, no new information is requested from you.

We will provide an update following our next Admissions Committee meeting. As always, we wish you well as you continue to pursue your goal of becoming a physician.”

Is this the CC email y’all talking about?

If so, my luck is actually crazy. Literally the definition of the most mid applicant, or my interview skills or way worse than what I thought.

“Thank you for your interest in joining the entering class of 2023 at the Burnett School of Medicine at TCU. The Admissions Committee recently met and discussed your application in depth and would like to continue considering your application in the future. At this time, no new information is requested from you.

We will provide an update following our next Admissions Committee meeting. As always, we wish you well as you continue to pursue your goal of becoming a physician.”

Is this the CC email y’all talking about?

If so, my luck is actually crazy. Literally the definition of the most mid applicant, or my interview skills or way worse than what I thought.
yea its the CC email.

Basically a select few get an A without a CC but majority have been getting CC every two weeks.

CC x3 (last one was Feb 20 or so?, been a while lol)
CC x4. Hilarious because I’m working on a project with a current med student at TCU and he was telling me how much easier his life would be if I just moved to DFW for med school too lol

It’s getting down to the wire so we’ll see what happens in the end for me but I would love TCU to pull through

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know of TCU's accreditation status? I know that they have provisional accreditation but when will they get full accreditation?

Does anyone know of TCU's accreditation status? I know that they have provisional accreditation but when will they get full accreditation?
@wysdoc would know. They had a site visit a few weeks back but I’m not sure how long it takes to publish their report

@wysdoc would know. They had a site visit a few weeks back but I’m not sure how long it takes to publish their report
The LCME needs some time to write up their report after the site visit. I don’t know exactly when it will be finished, but I anticipate between now and June. The earliest time a school, when all is going well, reaches full accreditation is at the 4-year mark, when they graduate their first class.

Thanks for letting me know! Just out of curiosity, is there really a difference between full accreditation and provisional accreditation? In other words, will the most recent graduates be impacted in anyways since they graduated when TCU was still at provisional accreditation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for letting me know! Just out of curiosity, is there really a difference between full accreditation and provisional accreditation? In other words, will the most recent graduates be impacted in anyways since they graduated when TCU was still at provisional accreditation.
Yes there is a difference or there would not be different levels.
Graduates of a school that is provisionally accredited get their full MD degree and are not affected in any way for their residency and licensure, of course depending on their successful completion of their residency.

Got the acceptance call Friday afternoon after CC x 1 & interviewed in February. The admissions team on the phone was so kind & Im so excited to join this community!

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my A today. It was definitely a hard choice, and I'm super excited for whoever gets my spot. Good luck, y'all!

• Care
Does anyone have info on second look weekend?

Last edited:
Is April 30th the last day we can hold on to more than one medical school acceptance offer?

So TCU will accept and sends financial aid package offers to all the students that they choose by that date?

So TCU will accept and sends financial aid package offers to all the students that they choose by that date?
That's the hope lol. They have a fairly small class and they had a dedicated FA advisor so it might be easier for them to send out FA packages

• Love
That's the hope lol. They have a fairly small class and they had a dedicated FA advisor so it might be easier for them to send out FA packages
Thank you! Do you know if April 30th is only for AMCAS schools? So like can I hold on to an acceptance from a TMDSAS school and an AMCAS school after April 30th?

Thank you! Do you know if April 30th is only for AMCAS schools? So like can I hold on to an acceptance from a TMDSAS school and an AMCAS school after April 30th?
@wysdoc would know this. My gut says you can’t hold two seats after April 30th at any MD school. TMDSAS and AMCAS are just the application services that the AAMC allows and I’m pretty sure AAMC made the rule that applicants can only have 1 acceptance (but still be on the waitlist) after April 30th. I completely understand where you are coming from but it’s a fairness issue for other applicants who are also deserving of a medical education.

Reactions: 3 users
@wysdoc would know this. My gut says you can’t hold two seats after April 30th at any MD school. TMDSAS and AMCAS are just the application services that the AAMC allows and I’m pretty sure AAMC made the rule that applicants can only have 1 acceptance (but still be on the waitlist) after April 30th. I completely understand where you are coming from but it’s a fairness issue for other applicants who are also deserving of a medical education.
The rules are on AMCAS but apply only to MD schools and only admitted schools.

You to set one school as planning to admit on AMCAS by either end of this month or May 1st, whatever the deadline says in AMCAS. They also recommend you narrow down to 3 by a certain date in April.

Your waitlists do not count. They dont track your DO admissions.

Meant to update sooner but it slipped my mind, received the A on 24Mar, loved the school on interview day and excited to check it out further!

Meant to update sooner but it slipped my mind, received the A on 24Mar, loved the school on interview day and excited to check it out further!
congrats! when did u interview? did you get any CC?

• Hmm
Placed on the alternate list just now. Good luck everyone and to those that got an acceptance here, congratulations!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Placed on the alternate list just now (and most likely will withdraw). Good luck everyone and to those that got an acceptance here, congratulations!
I am still unsure why you hung around here so long with 5 MD admissions. :D

Also placed on the alternate list. I am pretty disappointed. I really wanted this TCU acceptance.

Last edited:
I am still unsure why you hung around here so long with 5 MD admissions. :D
I absolutely love this school and most likely would have accepted it. Great location, great research, easy for my partner to get a job, warm, fantastic outcomes, good about financial aid, etc…

My other options (reference here: Penn State vs VCU vs Stony Brook vs TAMU (and others)) aren’t as good about financial aid, much worse location, or don’t match as well. TCU is a rising star and I wanted to catch the train on the way up

I absolutely love this school and most likely would have accepted it. Great location, great research, easy for my partner to get a job, warm, fantastic outcomes, good about financial aid, etc…

My other options (reference here: Penn State vs VCU vs Stony Brook vs TAMU (and others)) aren’t as good about financial aid, much worse location, or don’t match as well. TCU is a rising star and I wanted to catch the train on the way up
My biased opinion - TCU aid is not great. A&M instate is probably your cheapest option.

You will be in a rural location either 1 year or 18 months (if you choose Houston). Matching is all on you and not on the school.

Crazy to think we would just be put in a random number generator lol
Give us and our esteemed admissions committee more credit than that! We know this isn't the desired outcome, but if you check out our threads from years past, you will see how many incredible applicants were selected from the alternate list.

• Love