2022-2023 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you hear anything?
nope. i interviewed feb 6 and they said today for us! im surrprised u didnt hear anything since u have been waiting since jan?? did u not get anything? like not even continued consideration?

Members don't see this ad.

nope. i interviewed feb 6 and they said today for us! im surrprised u didnt hear anything since u have been waiting since jan?? did u not get anything? like not even continued consideration?
No, I have not heard anything. No email update :(

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
To my understanding, if you do not receive a call then the next correspondence would be via email early the following week.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
CC too. Learning to see the up side of CCs. For a second I thought the email was an R, but the relief I felt after realizing it was CC just made me appreciate the fact that at least I am still being considered and it is not over..

CC too. Learning to see the up side of CCs. For a second I thought the email was an R, but the relief I felt after realizing it was CC just made me appreciate the fact that at least I am still being considered and it is not over..
I thought it was an R too

really makes me wonder how many people they send cc to and how many they accept from cc.

sucks sooo much that we can't do update letters.

Members don't see this ad :)
No update today, either :( are your guys portal changing too?

I just received an email from TCU! I have been put on their waitlist. Anyone else on their waitlist?
Is this a WL for an II or a post-II WL?

Also, can someone explain how the CC is different from a WL? Maybe CC is that they haven't had the time to fully consider my application post-interview so no decision has been made but a WL is that a decision has been made post-II and the decision is that we aren't sure yet.

I just received an email from TCU! I have been put on their waitlist. Anyone else on their waitlist?
Post interview waitlist. I interviewed in the middle of January, and today was the first correspondence that I received from them.

TCU playing games!

Just got an email that NO ONE is currently on the WL and some people were accidentally sent a WL in error! They only determine WL mid-April (note: I got the CC email and not WL yesterday)

TCU playing games!

Just got an email that NO ONE is currently on the WL and some people were accidentally sent a WL in error! They only determine WL mid-April (note: I got the CC email and not WL yesterday)
Can you share that email, as I did not receive it?

Can you share that email, as I did not receive it?
“Dear AstroSidekick,

Yesterday some students on the continued consideration list recieved a waitlist notification. This waitlist notification was in error. Your file remains in continued consideration. We have three committee meetings left this cycle. Our waitlist will be determined in mid-April. Thank you for your understanding. Please reach out to our office for further clarification if needed. The paragraphs below describe your current status in our pool.

Thank you for your interest in joining the entering class of 2023 at the Burnett School of Medicine at TCU. The Admissions Committee recently met and discussed your application in depth and would like to continue considering your application in the future. At this time, no new information is requested from you.

We will provide an update following our next Admissions Committee meeting. As always, we wish you well as you continue to pursue your goal of becoming a physician.

Sincerely,

Admissions Committee
Burnett School of Medicine at TCU”

TCU playing games!

I know it feels that way but from the school's perspective it makes sense.

TCU has a class to fill. They only fill some seats in each round of interviews.

They have admitted some students, rejected some and placed some on CC.

They are still interviewing additional people and comparing those to people currently on CC to decide if they want to pick some people off CC.

They will only keep certain number on CC. If they reach the limit and need to place more, they might reject some who have been on CC but are ranked below those who they now want to place on CC.

At some point, they complete all interviews (end of March, Mid or late April).

Their class is now full.

they no longer need a CC to compare to people who they interviewed, they only have a waitlist going forward.

A waitlist candidate gets a spot offered only when an admitted student gives up a seat.

Caveat - I have no relationship to TCU and some of the points I make are purely guesses based on how I see the CC process working (why people suddenly get a rejection after being on CC 6 times).

Hello everyone,

Office of Admission at Burnett School of Medicine here.

Our class is not full.

We have three remaining interview dates.

We have three remaining committee deliberations.

We do not currently have a waitlist.

We appreciate all of you who remain professional in your communication with our office. Please contact us directly at [email protected] if you require further clarification.

Reactions: 16 users
I personally appreciate that they update and reassure you that you are still being considered, opposed to being in anxious silence. Just another reason I absolutely love this school.

Hello everyone,

Our class is not full.

We appreciate all of you who remain professional in your communication with our office. Please contact us directly at [email protected] if you require further clarification.
This is amazing to hear. Thank you for keeping us updated on the thread!

Hello everyone,

Our class is not full.

The transparency and level of communication this school shows is absolutely amazing.

Hello everyone,

Our class is not full.

If this is true, the students who received the email about being waitlisted need to be contacted by the school.

If this is true, the students who received the email about being waitlisted need to be contacted by the school.
But they did… The post #633 talks about the email that was sent to students put on the WL in error.

But they did… The post #633 talks about the email that was sent to students put on the WL in error.
I was put on a waitlist this morning. I did not receive any email stating that there was an error. My portal also says waitlist. So frustrating ☹️

I was put on a waitlist this morning. I did not receive any email stating that there was an error. My portal also says waitlist. So frustrating ☹️
Likewise, I was NOT put onto the WL but I got the email apologizing for the WL error so there might be an additional error on the generated email lists

You know what the sensible thing to do is: instead of talking about it on SDN, please use the email address provided by the admissions person from TCU and send your inquiry there.

Reactions: 2 users
Has everyone either received a phone call or an email update?
I got accepted Friday! I have been crying straight since acceptance. This is a dream come true and this school is utterly amazing! Don't lose hope yall!

Reactions: 4 users
I got accepted Friday! I have been crying straight since acceptance. This is a dream come true and this school is utterly amazing! Don't lose hope yall!
If you don’t mind me asking, how many CC emails did you get?

Super happy for you @ellewoodsmedicine! You deserve this and more! I’m glad TCU saw how much you love them! Shed those tears of joy girl! 🫀

Hello everyone,

Our class is not full.

Thank you for the update! Does this mean II are still being sent out or have all the remaining interview spots been filled?

II on Friday. OOS and complete mid-August. I thought my cycle was over and was planning to reapply. Also, after submitting my recorded answers for their secondary, I felt like my chance was over; there is hope. I saw two interview dates in March. Best luck to everyone!

Reactions: 9 users
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing when you were complete and what the available dates were? :)
I was complete on August 9th. I didn't end up looking at the available dates because I decided to decline the interview and let them pass it on to someone else. :) I am committed to enrolling at another MD school which is in-state and much more affordable to me.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Any early submitters heard back from TCU about an II yet? I submitted 8/9 and still haven't heard from TCU. When does TCU stop interviews for the cycle?

Any early submitters heard back from TCU about an II yet? I submitted 8/9 and still haven't heard from TCU. When does TCU stop interviews for the cycle?
i think there are two more interview dates, both in march

I know it's a stretch for my II chances this late in the cycle if the last two interview dates are both in March and I haven't gotten any email updates from them as of yet, but I hope for the best.

I know it's a stretch for my II chances this late in the cycle if the last two interview dates are both in March and I haven't gotten any email updates from them as of yet, but I hope for the best.
I wouldn't give up yet. I gave up my II today but that was literally my only correspondence from TCU all year since pressing submit! I assumed I wasn't gonna hear from them at all. Was totally shocked!