2021-2022 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No calls, no emails, just silence for everyone ?

Reactions: 3 users
Got the A call!! First MD acceptance, I’m in shock! Hopefully everyone receives the good news today too!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 18 users
Members don't see this ad :)
CCx3, thankful for the opportunity but I won't put all my eggs in one basket. Gonna start prepping for the next cycle 💪💪💪

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
CCx4, at this point would just like to know if I have to start prepping to reapply😅

Reactions: 4 users
CCx4, at this point would just like to know if I have to start prepping to reapply😅
Look on the bright side, the last pool of applicants will be interviewed on Monday. So the next decision date (3/18) takes into account all of us that are on the CC list and the recently interviewed so that’s it! No new people to be compared to anymore after that. TMDAS released decisions today so maybe some seats will open at TCU in a few weeks.

The next 4-8 weeks will be brutal in terms of waiting because we are so close so I get it since I'm in the same boat but I'm sure a decent number of us will still get an A.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A call!! First MD acceptance, I’m in shock! Hopefully everyone receives the good news today too!
Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing your stats and when your app was complete?

Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing your stats and when your app was complete?
I’ll dm you! (Also anyone else that wants similar info feel free to dm me!)

Reactions: 1 user
also got an A on friday after being on CC 4 or 5 times! good luck to all those still waiting for a final decision!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
also got an A on friday after being on CC 4 or 5 times! good luck to all those still waiting for a final decision!!
Yes! this is the type of good news we want to see in here! Happy for you DR!!!!

Even after being CC'd, what date is like the very LAST day to hear a decision?

Even after being CC'd, what date is like the very LAST day to hear a decision?
I believe since today was the official last interview date that next Friday everyone will get a final decision. Either the A, official Waitlist, or the R.

I believe since today was the official last interview date that next Friday everyone will get a final decision. Either the A, official Waitlist, or the R.
Oh! Even for the people who get interviewed today?

Also are there positions given/known for the Waitlist?

Oh! Even for the people who get interviewed today?

Also are there positions given/known for the Waitlist?
Yes everyone gets reviewed at every review meeting they have. I don’t believe there are positions given/known for the waitlist.

I’m also under the impression that most if not all the people on CC formally get placed on the waitlist.

Yes everyone gets reviewed at every review meeting they have. I don’t believe there are positions given/known for the waitlist.

I’m also under the impression that most if not all the people on CC formally get placed on the waitlist.
Sorry for so many questions!

When is the final day should waitlist people expect to hear a decision? AKA when should waitlist people start prepping their primary application again :rofl:

Sorry for so many questions!

When is the final day should waitlist people expect to hear a decision? AKA when should waitlist people start prepping their primary application again :rofl:
Last year’s thread SDN had people coming off the waitlist until June. So I guess end of May/ early June. The classes start July 18.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea if it is possible to find USMLE stats for this school? Or have they even had a class take it yet?

Any idea if it is possible to find USMLE stats for this school? Or have they even had a class take it yet?
One class has already taken STEP 1 and another is taking it within the next couple of months. No official data has been released on the stats but I can tell you as a student the rumblings are that the class did very well. I personally know several people who killed it.

Reactions: 4 users
One class has already taken STEP 1 and another is taking it within the next couple of months. No official data has been released on the stats but I can tell you as a student the rumblings are that the class did very well. I personally know several people who killed it.
Thanks, @OrexinRules
And the first cohort of students to graduate will finish in 2023, right?

Isnt the current class pass/fail so it wont make any difference as long as all pass?

Isnt the current class pass/fail so it wont make any difference as long as all pass?
I was going to say this. STATS from TCU in terms of residency placements will take a few years and STEP 1 is P/F now. The first class is graduating in 2023. I feel like you'd need at least 3-4 graduating classes to compile substantial data on how well the M4s are doing with placements.

I think I heard from someone that only 1 person failed STEP 1 out of everyone that took it! Which is REALLY good.

No. The MS3 class took the exam scored and the current MS2's are taking it P/F. I was referring to the MS3 class. I personally know several students who scored 90+ percentile.

No. The MS3 class took the exam scored and the current MS2's are taking it P/F. I was referring to the MS3 class. I personally know several students who scored 90+ percentile.
Even though the Step 1 exam will be P/F from now on, students still need to study hard enough to pass. I wonder if we will see a blip in failure numbers from folks who got too complacent?

What do you guys think about sending a letter of intent? I know some schools do not like it. But I guess TCU didn't say much.

What do you guys think about sending a letter of intent? I know some schools do not like it. But I guess TCU didn't say much.
I don't think they will accept it and their last interview day was last Friday I think.

I don't think they will accept it and their last interview day was last Friday I think.
I just interviewed this Monday, which is the last I believe.

Yeah that makes sense! I'll just send a thank you note cause it was the nicest interview I attended so far tbh!

Thanks for answering my question!

Is there a GroupMe for accepted students? I haven’t seen anything on the Facebook page.

If any accepted students want to be added to the group me send me a direct message and I can send you the link! Also, I posted the link in the accepted students Facebook page!

I just interviewed this Monday, which is the last I believe.

Yeah that makes sense! I'll just send a thank you note cause it was the nicest interview I attended so far tbh!

Thanks for answering my question!
yes i did the same thing you did. sent a thank you email restating my interest. That's the only email they ever got from me lol.

I emailed them and they said they are still sending out interview invites till the end of March

• Wow