2021-2022 TCU

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whats the format for the audio responses? Is visual recorded as well/ do I need to be in professional attire for this or is it just voice recordings? Does a prompt appear on screen then you have a few minutes to respond to it?
 
Whats the format for the audio responses? Is visual recorded as well/ do I need to be in professional attire for this or is it just voice recordings? Does a prompt appear on screen then you have a few minutes to respond to it?
Just voice. No need to dress up.
 
Secondary received, OOS! I know they screen for mission fit but does anyone know how strict the screen is (or how excited I should be about getting a secondary 🙂 )
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS, do they give us some time to think of responses for the audio questions or is it like CASPER snapshot?
 
So if I haven't taken genetics yet, can I just say I'll take it in the winter? I've already graduated and was gonna take the class at a community college depending on if I get an interview by then.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the secondary something I need to prepare for or should I just sit down and record my responses? Trying to decide if it is better to complete it now while I'm on a camping trip with okay service or wait till I get back (10 days after receiving secondary) to complete it.
 
Is the secondary something I need to prepare for or should I just sit down and record my responses? Trying to decide if it is better to complete it now while I'm on a camping trip with okay service or wait till I get back (10 days after receiving secondary) to complete it.
you don't need to prepare for it, but doing it with a very good internet connection is key.
 
Is the secondary something I need to prepare for or should I just sit down and record my responses? Trying to decide if it is better to complete it now while I'm on a camping trip with okay service or wait till I get back (10 days after receiving secondary) to complete it.

MS2 here. You don’t have to prepare for it but I for sure did. When you’re doing other secondaries do you go back through and make edits? This is kinda like that except you can’t edit anything so you want to go in to it being prepared.
 
what kinda questions did they ask on the secondary?
See the top post of this thread, TCU/UNTHSC asks that you don't share the questions with others.

The point is your personal, spontaneous, response.

Like any other secondary, the way a person could prepare is to be very familiar with the core values of a school and what they are looking for in their students.
 
If I click the “mission fit essays” tab will it automatically start recording? I can’t seem to find any instructions on the portal
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't see anything on the secondary invite email or the FAQ, so for anyone that has done the secondary, can they give an approximate amount of time the audio responses will take? Like 5-10 minutes or so? Thanks!
 
Any way to prepare? I am assuming go over the mission/values of the school? Certain parts of the program you are interested in?

Good luck everyone!!!
 
lol i legit just went for it. at the end of the day if your responses don't align with the mission statement do you even want to end up there? obv we want to get in somewhere but that was my justification lol
I like your logic!
 
How do you recommend preparing for it?

I don’t even remember what the questions were like so I can only tell you what I did to prepare for it. I read through the schools website to get a feel for their mission and what they had that was unique. Then I read through other secondaries that I had written for other schools and after that I practiced some interview questions.
 
Do you guys think I should not submit my secondary application if I ****ed up my audio portion of the application. My stats are pretty good for this school (GPA 3.8 something, MCAT 508, lots of other stuff) but I think I messed up answering one, or maybe two, of those questions they asked. The reason I ask if because I am not tryna pay $100 if I should just not submit.
 
Do you guys think I should not submit my secondary application if I ****ed up my audio portion of the application. My stats are pretty good for this school (GPA 3.8 something, MCAT 508, lots of other stuff) but I think I messed up answering one, or maybe two, of those questions they asked. The reason I ask if because I am not tryna pay $100 if I should just not submit.
You’ve made it that far, if they don’t like what you had to say then it wasn’t meant to be anyway.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you guys think I should not submit my secondary application if I ****ed up my audio portion of the application. My stats are pretty good for this school (GPA 3.8 something, MCAT 508, lots of other stuff) but I think I messed up answering one, or maybe two, of those questions they asked. The reason I ask if because I am not tryna pay $100 if I should just not submit.
You should absolutely submit if you like the school and vibe with their mission. I'm a new MS1 and I have several classmates who really thought they tanked their audio secondary, but are here regardless.
 
You should absolutely submit if you like the school and vibe with their mission. I'm a new MS1 and I have several classmates who really thought they tanked their audio secondary, but are here regardless.
same-ish question: i got a secondary and wonder if i should submit… OOS i have tons of EC’s (non-trad) and 4 publications; my MCAT is in the top 90% on MSAR, but my sGPA is around the 20% ish range lol thoughts?
 
same-ish question: i got a secondary and wonder if i should submit… OOS i have tons of EC’s (non-trad) and 4 publications; my MCAT is in the top 90% on MSAR, but my sGPA is around the 20% ish range lol thoughts?
You should totally apply as long as you feel like you're a good fit for the mission/school. There is a very wide range of MCATs and GPAs here, they are more concerned with you as a person. I would say go for it.
 
“The first class will be comprised of 60 students. Total enrollment is expected to be 240 students by the academic year 2022-2023.“

Is this saying by EY2022 the whole program will have 240 students, or an increase in entry year class size?