2022-2023 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Just saw "interview update form" in my portal. Anyone else have this? Maybe means II soon?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just saw "interview update form" in my portal. Anyone else have this? Maybe means II soon?
Where did you see this? I’m complete but I see nothing else besides the secondary and my status

Left column under VCOM application. After I submitted the form, another tab appeared titled "interview" and asks to schedule my interview. I guess I just got an II!

Left column under VCOM application. After I submitted the form, another tab appeared titled "interview" and asks to schedule my interview. I guess I just got an II!

Congrats!! How long after being complete did this take to show for you?

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't gotten any email saying anything about how to set up a portal. I presume this only comes if they invite you to submit a secondary? How long did it take you all to receive the secondary request after submitting your application in AACOMAS?

I haven't gotten any email saying anything about how to set up a portal. I presume this only comes if they invite you to submit a secondary? How long did it take you all to receive the secondary request after submitting your application in AACOMAS?
got my invite the next day

Yep I don’t have that. Congrats!!

for the people who are also seeing the “interview” tab on their portal, I emailed admissions about it and this is what they said
1659998699375.png

Did you also receive an interview tab?
Yeah. I had an “interview update form” tab first and when I filled out the form an “interview” tab appeared asking me to schedule an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
So if you get that tab it definitely means you got an interview? Still waiting here. How long after you were complete did that show?

Are you selecting a date already or waiting for an official email?
My portal is showing the “interview” tab as well. I am going to wait until I receive an official email. I don’t want to mess up anything.

Stats for people with the interview tab?

My portal is showing the “interview” tab as well. I am going to wait until I receive an official email. I don’t want to mess up anything.
Just emailed admissions, they said to hold off on scheduling until you receive the invitation via email as the dates aren’t finalized yet.

have you got the official email yet?? the "interview" tab just appeared on mine as well

Can anyone please share secondary questions and character limits?

VCOM student here - seems like most medical schools across the country will be re-opening their doors for in-person interviews. I believe VCOM will be, too, but not 100% sure yet. In any case, I highly recommend you to attend in-person interviews if at all possible.

Got a II so updates should be rolling out soon!

got an ii on a saturday? when did u submit secondary and when were u in review?
Sorry, I should have clarified - I got a call this past Friday afternoon to schedule my interview date. I submitted 7/6 and they sent me an update that my app was completed going to be in review 8/5.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. Is there any idea on current "screening" time? I recieved my seconday 8/16 and completed it 6 hours after recieving it. I am still waiting to be marked complete, and was curious if we are still about 1 month with the wait time. Thanks!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. Is there any idea on current "screening" time? I recieved my seconday 8/16 and completed it 6 hours after recieving it. I am still waiting to be marked complete, and was curious if we are still about 1 month with the wait time. Thanks!
been waiting since 8/6 lol

I just got mines marked as complete today and submitted my secondary on 7/21.

Interview was super chill! They genuinely want to know you as a person. Good luck everyone!

I just got an II!! I completed the update form, but when I went to schedule the interview, it would not let me. Is anyone else having a problem with this?

I just got an II!! I completed the update form, but when I went to schedule the interview, it would not let me. Is anyone else having a problem with this?

Congrats! I would suggest refreshing the site, If you see the calendar (On the interview tab) but cannot pick a date it means that all the dates are taken (Experience) then go to the next month. I only saw dates available only in October.

Congrats! I would suggest refreshing the site, If you see the calendar (On the interview tab) but cannot pick a date it means that all the dates are taken (Experience) then go to the next month. I only saw dates available only in October.
Thank you! It won't let me advance to October :/

II received today! VA campus. Complete 10/27. They were scheduling for about the next month

App has been at screening since mid-August. Has anyone else had no contact since then? Is this their way of a soft R?

App has been at screening since mid-August. Has anyone else had no contact since then? Is this their way of a soft R?
same here, i contacted them like 2-3 times since then and they just tell me app under review. :/