2022-2023 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had my application complete since August 16th. It has been crickets since then...
Mine isn’t even complete. They said I’m in screening and it’s screened before it’s marked complete

Members don't see this ad.

Current med student here, feel free to pm me if anyone has questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
my application has been in review since 10/13 is that a silent R?

Is it safe to apply now? I applied DO pretty late this cycle, but thinking of adding VCOM now

Reactions: 1 user
Is it safe to apply now? I applied DO pretty late this cycle, but thinking of adding VCOM now
after submitting my secondary, it took two months to get past screening and get marked complete. I applied at the start of September

Reactions: 1 users
after submitting my secondary, it took two months to get past screening and get marked complete. I applied at the start of September
Damn that’s really slow. Thanks for sharing, seems like a bad idea to apply now

Members don't see this ad :)
Last cycle, someone I know applied in January and got an interview February. She was accepted and is there now. I applied in September and haven’t heard back yet. It’s never too late especially for DO though. I think the best things you can do for yourself is try if you have the financial ability because you never know.

Reactions: 2 users
Last cycle, someone I know applied in January and got an interview February. She was accepted and is there now. I applied in September and haven’t heard back yet. It’s never too late especially for DO though. I think the best things you can do for yourself is try if you have the financial ability because you never know.
That’s really helpful, thanks for the information! Do you believe that the stats make a difference as to when someone would receive an II or it’s more random?

That’s really helpful, thanks for the information! Do you believe that the stats make a difference as to when someone would receive an II or it’s more random?
From what I’ve heard, it’s random. If I recall correctly, she had a 3.8x and a 499 MCAT so you really never know. Just follow your dreams honestly!

From what I’ve heard, it’s random. If I recall correctly, she had a 3.8x and a 499 MCAT so you really never know. Just follow your dreams honestly!
That’s great! It looks like they do review the app more holistically. I’ll shoot my shot and hope for the best. I appreciate your insights!

did anyone receive an email about their master's program saying " It is a great opportunity to learn about our master's program, how it can benefit you, and the opportunity for a guaranteed interview with our DO program"? what do they mean by a guaranteed interview?

II just now! OOS, 506, 3.6, Super excited, any advice from anyone who has already interviewed?

Did anyone get an email saying their application was complete when it was done in the screening stage? I haven't checked the portal since Jan 5 and it wasn't complete at that point. I gave up on checking but decided to give it a shot today and I finally have all of the check marks in my portal, but I never got an email saying it was out of screening and complete...

Did anyone get an email saying their application was complete when it was done in the screening stage? I haven't checked the portal since Jan 5 and it wasn't complete at that point. I gave up on checking but decided to give it a shot today and I finally have all of the check marks in my portal, but I never got an email saying it was out of screening and complete...
I received an email on October 13th saying it was complete, but I have been in "screening" since.

I received an email on October 13th saying it was complete, but I have been in "screening" since.
Do you have all check marks on your portal? I am a little confused on if I am actually complete since I have all checkmarks but no email confirmation

Do you have all check marks on your portal? I am a little confused on if I am actually complete since I have all checkmarks but no email confirmation
Yeah check marks all the way down. The 4th one says "application complete," and the 5th check says "application in screening", which from my understanding means that they have it, it's verified and the secondary is pretty much in their hands. From there, it's waiting for a II. I got an email when it was complete.

did anyone receive an email about their master's program saying " It is a great opportunity to learn about our master's program, how it can benefit you, and the opportunity for a guaranteed interview with our DO program"? what do they mean by a guaranteed interview?
Hi, I am a current MABS student at the VCOM campus. This program does offer a guaranteed interview and most people that interview get accepted into VCOM. As long as you meet the GPA and the MCAT benchmark it’s almost guarantee that you’ll get in as long as you don’t have any major red flags in your application. I know a lot of people met the GPA requirement this fall semester and got in. the program was very doable.. you can DM me if you have any more questions. I’m happy to help.

Got an II. OOS GPA is a 3.7 and Mcat is a 504

Interviewed 1/18 accepted today! First A LETS GOOO

I set my Interview date for 2/13. Now, I am wondering. Since it is pretty late in the game for interviews, am I being interviewed for a WL? Or is there a chance I could get an automatic A.

i received a secondary pretty late into the cycle, like at the end of january. how long did it take y'all to have your application screened and marked as complete on the portal?

is anyone still waiting on an II? when do they interview until? I am getting worried that it is now march and closer to the end of the cycle.

is anyone still waiting on an II? when do they interview until? I am getting worried that it is now march and closer to the end of the cycle.
Still waiting. I reached out and was told they are doing interviews until mid-April. Don't lose hope!

Received a II last night. Any tips for the in-person interview?

Congrats! What were your stats if you don't mind sharing? And, when was your application complete?
3.96cGPA and a 507. OOS. My app was complete on 2/10. Didn't decide to apply until pretty late in the cycle unfortunately.

Recieved an II! Can anyone speak about what the interview experience was like?

Received an II 3/02 and II on 3/10. 497 MCAT and 3.56 GPA. stats aren’t everything

Reactions: 3 users
Still crickets with a 3.4 and 508...

Maybe I should just start writing my essays for next cycle...