2022-2023 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is?
It's my understanding that VCOM is insanely picky about who they extend interview invites to, so I think their post-interview acceptances are pretty high compared to other schools. Don't quote me on that. It's just what I've heard. The interviews are really just conversations. They know everything about you and they like you so they just want to see if you will make a good addition to the school "family." I don't know exact percentages.

Members don't see this ad.

is anyone still at the screening phase? like after submitting secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi yall I added VCOM a while back on AACOMAS, and they sent me an email saying my application will be scheduled to be "reviewed" for a secondary. Its been months since then. Does this mean I won't get a secondary? Too bad I paid the fees for the campuses and they won't even give me a secondary :/

Hi yall I added VCOM a while back on AACOMAS, and they sent me an email saying my application will be scheduled to be "reviewed" for a secondary. Its been months since then. Does this mean I won't get a secondary? Too bad I paid the fees for the campuses and they won't even give me a secondary :/
you submitted to all campuses?? you only need to submit one.
and i'm not sure how they screen for a secondary but last cycle i did not get any secondary! was basically ghosted

Hopefully you only applied to one campus 🥺 Also it looks like they're super slow so I wouldn't fret yet

How long does it take to get your application completed? I submitted late July and I’m still at the screening stage :/

How long does it take to get your application completed? I submitted late July and I’m still at the screening stage :/
It's peak season right now so 1-2 months I'd say. Winter and Spring apps should be faster but who knows.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary mid-august and was marked complete at the end of August. I picked LA as my top campus though so maybe that has something to do with it.

I gotchu, VA was my top choice campus & I feel like they get many applicants there

i didn't specify what campus. i clicked on the option that they could pick the campus for me. i submitted early aug. still at screening :(

:( I also haven't gotten a secondary from VCOM yet

:( I also haven't gotten a secondary from VCOM yet
If you've been waiting for a long time then I'd send an email to them. Same thing happened to me and then I received the secondary. Good luck guys

If you've been waiting for a long time then I'd send an email to them. Same thing happened to me and then I received the secondary. Good luck guys
Did you email them asking if you were missing anything? Or what did you email them regarding?

I emailed them last month and they just gave me an automatic email saying “your file is currently in line for review.” Idk man it seems unprofessional to just move on with other applicants and not even give us a chance to even submit our own secondaries at this point.

Did you email them asking if you were missing anything? Or what did you email them regarding?
I just noted in the email that they said a decision would be made within a few weeks before sending secondaries, but I had not heard anything for much longer than that

I emailed them last month and they just gave me an automatic email saying “your file is currently in line for review.” Idk man it seems unprofessional to just move on with other applicants and not even give us a chance to even submit our own secondaries at this point.
Thats strange because I didn't get an automated response. Maybe you can try again now since it's been a while. Also, what email did you use?

Thats strange because I didn't get an automated response. Maybe you can try again now since it's been a while. Also, what email did you use?
Thank you for the tip! I sent them an email just now :)

For the question: "Have you had any lapse of 2 years or greater in taking full time college-level coursework?"
are they talking. about gap years? Or are they asking about taking time off during undergrad?

For the question: "Have you had any lapse of 2 years or greater in taking full time college-level coursework?"
are they talking. about gap years? Or are they asking about taking time off during undergrad?

I took it as both

Anyone still not receive a secondary??
Me :-(, even though my stats are on par/ slightly higher than their avg stats. I emailed VCOM and I was told that my app is currently under review and they’re a bit slow bc they have a lot of applications :(

glad im not the only who submitted in july and is still at the screening stage. I emailed them at the end of august about they said "Thank you for contacting VCOM Admissions. Your file is currently in the final stages of review for completeness. This can take a while due to the number of applicants in the system. You will receive an email once your application is marked as complete on our end. There is not a designated timeline for when an application will be marked complete." So basically just waiting and hoping.

glad im not the only who submitted in july and is still at the screening stage. I emailed them at the end of august about they said "Thank you for contacting VCOM Admissions. Your file is currently in the final stages of review for completeness. This can take a while due to the number of applicants in the system. You will receive an email once your application is marked as complete on our end. There is not a designated timeline for when an application will be marked complete." So basically just waiting and hoping.
I did the exact same thing as you and got the same email. Hopefully something soon

It's my understanding that VCOM is insanely picky about who they extend interview invites to, so I think their post-interview acceptances are pretty high compared to other schools. Don't quote me on that. It's just what I've heard. The interviews are really just conversations. They know everything about you and they like you so they just want to see if you will make a good addition to the school "family." I don't know exact percentages.
I think it’s around 50% (very rough estimate) - current student and when I applied I remember seeing something about how their class sizes are ~180 and they extend ~300-something interview invites.

To any applicants reading this though, good luck! I didn’t get my II until April, so you still have time.

Edit: Just checked, 63% post-interview acceptance rate at the VA campus. Like the person I responded to said, they are VERY picky with interview invites and if you get one, they already like you. I’ve helped with interviews and they really just want to see if you vibe with the school community lol

Last edited:
I just got a call to interview at Carolina, and I am unsure how I ended up there. They said I am invited to the Carolina campus and will be considered only for the Carolina campus. Can someone tell me if the Carolina campus is good? They wanted me to be there in person this week, and I requested next week (since I have to fly)

I interviewed yesterday at the Carolinas campus for anyone wanting tips!

Has the VA campus sent out any acceptances yet? I keep seeing acceptances in other threads…

If anyone wants any advice regarding the VCOM interview, feel free to PM me!

Reactions: 1 users
I completed my secondary on 7/7 and remain incomplete. When I emailed admissions they said the review process is 3 steps and they have many apps to review yet. So keep waiting.

Just got a secondary! Any thoughts on what the best campus is?