2022-2023 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LMAO pre-ii R

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what day the committee meets to review applicants? Just curious.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey friends,

I get they can pull off the waitlist very close to the start of the school year, but what are the odds of getting off the waitlist? Does an update letter help?
I'd say yes, especially if you're out of state. The closer it gets to the start of the school year, they're more likely to offer acceptances to people they think will accept. So people who live in Nashville or nearby get first pick. I sent a letter of continued interest like 6 weeks before the school year started and they accepted me 2 days later. So it definitely can't hurt.

Reactions: 1 user
Currently watching Meharry match day wow just wow

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That’s the Plan to Enroll deadline, where you can still hold up to 3 acceptances. Meharry’s Commit to Enroll deadline is June 1st, according to their website
the website seems very vague, and im not getting a straight answer .
  • May 1stAll Admitted students must withdraw from other institutions and submit proof of withdrawal. Students that are still holding a spot at another medical school and have not deposited or indicated that they plan to enroll will have their admissions decision rescinded. A non-refundable enrollment/orientation deposit of $1500 is required.
    • Accepted students are required to select “Commit to Enroll” option in AMCAS. Students that do not will have the admissions offer rescinded.
  • April-June Waitlisted applicants accepted must commit or plan within two business days and withdraw admission from all other schools. By June 1st applicants who plan to enroll must commit to enroll and immediately withdraw from waitlists at all other schools
the may 1st deadline says accepted students are required to select commit to enroll and must withdraw from other institutions

the website seems very vague, and im not getting a straight answer .
  • May 1stAll Admitted students must withdraw from other institutions and submit proof of withdrawal. Students that are still holding a spot at another medical school and have not deposited or indicated that they plan to enroll will have their admissions decision rescinded. A non-refundable enrollment/orientation deposit of $1500 is required.
    • Accepted students are required to select “Commit to Enroll” option in AMCAS. Students that do not will have the admissions offer rescinded.
  • April-June Waitlisted applicants accepted must commit or plan within two business days and withdraw admission from all other schools. By June 1st applicants who plan to enroll must commit to enroll and immediately withdraw from waitlists at all other schools
the may 1st deadline says accepted students are required to select commit to enroll and must withdraw from other institutions
Those directions do not seem at all vague to me - Meharry's deadline to choose them over all others is May 1.

Those directions do not seem at all vague to me - Meharry's deadline to choose them over all others is May 1.

its the part that says
"Students that are still holding a spot at another medical school and have not deposited or indicated that they plan to enroll will have their admissions decision rescinded"

meaning that if you have paid the deposit and selected plan to enroll it wont affect you?

and then later saying
"By June 1st applicants who plan to enroll must commit to enroll and immediately withdraw from waitlists at all other schools"

its the part that says
"Students that are still holding a spot at another medical school and have not deposited or indicated that they plan to enroll will have their admissions decision rescinded"

meaning that if you have paid the deposit and selected plan to enroll it wont affect you?

and then later saying
"By June 1st applicants who plan to enroll must commit to enroll and immediately withdraw from waitlists at all other schools"
Yes if you have paid the deposit AND selected PTE you are good.

That last part seems to apply to you hitting the CTE button (Commit to Enroll) to finalize it, and also may apply to those getting in from a WL after May 1.

OK so I think they still send out IIs? I did some digging and I think they interview well into late April? Mainly since they send their secondary so so late?

Reactions: 1 users
I just received an ii invite for this Saturday !

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
Congrats y’all! That means they finally hit the 11/28 ppl. Fingers crossed 🤞🏾

Reactions: 5 users
Was 11/28 the last time Meharry sent out secondaries? I know a handful said they were still waiting. Did anyone receive a secondary after winter break?

Reactions: 1 users
Why are they still sending ii's if their class is full and there's a waitlist? Do they expect that many to come off the waitlist?

Why are they still sending ii's if their class is full and there's a waitlist? Do they expect that many to come off the waitlist?
Not disputing anyone. But I’m not sure why people are saying the class is full. There’s only 82 in the Groupme right now.

They also have seats open to see if their masters students meet the requirements for matriculation

i spoke with admissions (to advocate for a friend) and they said the class is full per offers of acceptances. but they expect to lose 'a few' which is why they are doing admit hold and waitlist..
Not disputing anyone. But I’m not sure why people are saying the class is full. There’s only 82 in the Groupme right now.

Reactions: 5 users

Not everybody uses (or knows about) groupme. I hadn’t used it since undergrad, and I’ve done a Master’s program and postbacc since then. I literally had to re-download it. Just my two cents.

Reactions: 1 user
i spoke with admissions (to advocate for a friend) and they said the class is full per offers of acceptances. but they expect to lose 'a few' which is why they are doing admit hold and waitlist..
basically all medical schools should have accepted their intended class plus a few extra at this point. I think the deadline was March 15th. However, so much movement occurs with people holding acceptances that the class is never really full.. until it’s literally full and people have committed, so just patience✨✨

Reactions: 12 users
do they specify in the email of admit hold vs waitlist? also why are they still sending out II's with a full class plus admit hold & waitlist?