2022-2023 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anybody who submitted their secondary in October still waiting for ii?
+1 submitted in november. come on meharry its already marchhh

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Premed Advisor was like I need a 511-512 mcat to be competitive but I’m like, is that even true ? How many people here accepted with mcat above 510?

No. In the zoom Meharry 101 thing they said a 500 was considered competitive

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Premed Advisor was like I need a 511-512 mcat to be competitive but I’m like, is that even true ? How many people here accepted with mcat above 510?
Take everything a pre-med advisor says with a grain of salt. Most of the time they are discouraging for no reason!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey friends,

Does the fact that Meharry is on probation have any effect on students attending? Is anyone worried?

Last edited:
Hey friends,

Does the fact that Meharry is on probation have any effect on students attending? Is anyone worried?
I didn't even know they were on probation! I rly would love to go to meharry but if it has accreditation issues that worries me

I didn't even know they were on probation! I rly would love to go to meharry but if it has accreditation issues that worries me
Earlier in the thread someone did mention that the probation was not due to the curriculum/education offered but the infrastructure (available study spaces, wifi,etc)

4D958BDF-CB5D-4EEF-A32E-34A7BEAE45F1.jpeg

Earlier in the thread someone did mention that the probation was not due to the curriculum/education offered but the infrastructure (available study spaces, wifi,etc)
It seems it’s more than infrastructure. Look at the details here for anyone that’s interested.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Question: would you pick a solid DO school e.g. WVSOM or DMU over Meharry?

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly, after reading each one, I’m not worried. They can rectify this.

I’ve been seeing you in this thread since I got on here. I trust your opinion. so if packfan92 aint worried, I ain’t worried lmao.

Tbh though, I’ve looked through it myself. I do think these are issues they can rectify. I believe they have another evaluation with LCME in about 18 months. I am prayerful they can resolve those issues by then.

Update: class is full and any interviews are for waitlist. I did all three interviews last week and received a decision this week for waitlist. Waitlist is also not expected to move until around May.

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Update: class is full and any interviews are for waitlist. I did all three interviews last week and received a decision this week for waitlist. Waitlist is also not expected to move until around May.

Does being put on the WL after an interview automatically mean the class is full?

how did you find this out?

fr??

I do not know the class size, however there are only 83 people in the group chat right now so i don’t think it’s full

Reactions: 3 users
Does being put on the WL after an interview automatically mean the class is full?

When I had my last interview (2/12), they told me the class was not full yet. So, it’s probable they are being straight up with interviewees about the waitlist now that the class is full. There are 83 ppl in the groupme, but remember that many ppl dont have groupme, AND not all of the folks who are in the chat have paid their final seat deposit of $1500. I’ll try to keep y’all updated on the additions and deletions of ppl in the groupme, but there hasn’t been any movement since I last mentioned somebody being removed because they chose Morehouse.

Last edited:
Thank you to everybody who is keeping an eye on the group me # for us.

1) Until Meharry sends you a rejection email assume you are still in the race.
2) Until Meharry sends a "class is full" email assume you are still in the race.

Anything could happen.

If the class is already full that means they simply can't get to every secondary and are only viewing waitlisted ppl (which sucks for those who will not get their secondary app viewed)

My Friday is slick ruined over this 😂😂😂

When I had my last interview (2/12), they told me the class was not full yet. So, it’s probable they are being straight up with interviewees about the waitlist now that the class is full. There are 83 ppl in the groupme, but remember that many ppl dont have groupme, AND not all of the folks who are in the chat have paid their final seat deposit of $1500. I’ll try to keep y’all updated on the additions and deletions of ppl in the groupme, but there hasn’t been any movement since I last mentioned somebody being removed because they chose Morehouse.
True!

Thank you to everybody who is keeping an eye on the group me # for us.

1) Until Meharry sends you a rejection email assume you are still in the race.
2) Until Meharry sends a "class is full" email assume you are still in the race.

Anything could happen.

If the class is already full that means they simply can't get to every secondary and are only viewing waitlisted ppl (which sucks for those who will not get their secondary app viewed)

My Friday is slick ruined over this

Nah my Friday is ruined let me get off here and prep for reapplication

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Hi there :) if you don't mind me asking, how do you feel about the letter grading? that has been one of my concerns, I feel like it would add more pressure? tia
It definitely can add more pressure, especially if you want to get into a competitive specialty. With letter grades, it's easy to feel like you have to get A's in everything, but that's really not the case. Especially in the preclinical years, your grades aren't that important. Just try not to fail anything. Some sage wisdom I got from a 4th year as a 1st year was "it's better to get B's and have a life, than to get A's and be miserable". We do still hope they move to P/F.

Honestly, after reading each one, I’m not worried. They can rectify this.
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about the accreditation. Many of the things were already in the process of being corrected when we were put on probation. Our president is very dedicated to fixing all of the issues and has no doubt that they will be fixed.

It definitely can add more pressure, especially if you want to get into a competitive specialty. With letter grades, it's easy to feel like you have to get A's in everything, but that's really not the case. Especially in the preclinical years, your grades aren't that important. Just try not to fail anything. Some sage wisdom I got from a 4th year as a 1st year was "it's better to get B's and have a life, than to get A's and be miserable". We do still hope they move to P/F.
definitely understandable, thanks for responding!

Reactions: 1 user
Just FYI, another accepted student was removed from the groupme. I don’t know why this time, but that’s good news for the waitlisted, right?

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone in December or November not get a interview yet?

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone in December or November not get a interview yet?

Nope lol. Just praying I hear something soon because I want to sign a lease but knowing my luck I’ll sign it then could get a II or something(wishful thinking)

I submitted in December. I'm just not sure if they get to every secondary. :/ In earlier posts many stated Meharry accepts students sometimes until the very last minute (even though that's not ideal) so idk ya'll

Yeaaa I submitted my secondary in October and it's been crickets. Got no love from HBCUs this cycle. What I do stink??

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Yeaaa I submitted my secondary in October and it's been crickets. Got no love from HBCUs this cycle. What I do stink??
Same, no love from HBCUs and I really wanted to attend an HBCU for medical school. I was accepted into my state school, so might withdraw my app.

• Sad
Same, no love from HBCUs and I really wanted to attend an HBCU for medical school. I was accepted into my state school, so might withdraw my app.
Let them reject you, don’t withdraw yourself. Whether or not they select you, that’s money you put into an app and it’s always nice to not have to worry about the “what if” factor later on.. like if they give you a interview you can choose to reject that, but you never know! Congrats on getting the A somewhere else:))

Reactions: 7 users
Same! Got the cold shoulder from the 3 I applied to. I’m like ”Y’all think I’m lame or something?” 😭

Hey friends,

I get they can pull off the waitlist very close to the start of the school year, but what are the odds of getting off the waitlist? Does an update letter help?