You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Meharry
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
lovelipanda97
Full Member
Premed Advisor was like I need a 511-512 mcat to be competitive but I’m like, is that even true ? How many people here accepted with mcat above 510?
No. In the zoom Meharry 101 thing they said a 500 was considered competitive
Take everything a pre-med advisor says with a grain of salt. Most of the time they are discouraging for no reason!Premed Advisor was like I need a 511-512 mcat to be competitive but I’m like, is that even true ? How many people here accepted with mcat above 510?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
packfan92
Full Member
Hey friends,
Does the fact that Meharry is on probation have any effect on it? Is anyone worried?
Any effect on what?
I didn't even know they were on probation! I rly would love to go to meharry but if it has accreditation issues that worries meHey friends,
Does the fact that Meharry is on probation have any effect on students attending? Is anyone worried?
Earlier in the thread someone did mention that the probation was not due to the curriculum/education offered but the infrastructure (available study spaces, wifi,etc)I didn't even know they were on probation! I rly would love to go to meharry but if it has accreditation issues that worries me
D
deleted1061520
It seems it’s more than infrastructure. Look at the details here for anyone that’s interested.Earlier in the thread someone did mention that the probation was not due to the curriculum/education offered but the infrastructure (available study spaces, wifi,etc)
packfan92
Full Member
View attachment 367416
It seems it’s more than infrastructure. Look at the details here for anyone that’s interested.
OOP! Standard 10. [emoji102]
Yep that’s a lot of red on that chart…View attachment 367416
It seems it’s more than infrastructure. Look at the details here for anyone that’s interested.
In your opinion, should prospective students be concerned about attending?Yep that’s a lot of red on that chart…
A school being placed on probation is uncommon and seriousIn your opinion, should prospective students be concerned about attending?
View attachment 367416
It seems it’s more than infrastructure. Look at the details here for anyone that’s interested.
Publications – LCME
What each standard is so there is context
Basically just look at the headings on that chart to see which areas were flagged as needing improvement by the LCME.Publications – LCME
lcme.org
What each standard is so there is context
packfan92
Full Member
Publications – LCME
lcme.org
What each standard is so there is context
Honestly, after reading each one, I’m not worried. They can rectify this.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question: would you pick a solid DO school e.g. WVSOM or DMU over Meharry?
Honestly, after reading each one, I’m not worried. They can rectify this.
I’ve been seeing you in this thread since I got on here. I trust your opinion. so if packfan92 aint worried, I ain’t worried lmao.
Tbh though, I’ve looked through it myself. I do think these are issues they can rectify. I believe they have another evaluation with LCME in about 18 months. I am prayerful they can resolve those issues by then.
Update: class is full and any interviews are for waitlist. I did all three interviews last week and received a decision this week for waitlist. Waitlist is also not expected to move until around May.
Does being put on the WL after an interview automatically mean the class is full?
how did you find this out?Update: class is full and any interviews are for waitlist. I did all three interviews last week and received a decision this week for waitlist. Waitlist is also not expected to move until around May.
No whattttt?
fr??Update: class is full and any interviews are for waitlist. I did all three interviews last week and received a decision this week for waitlist. Waitlist is also not expected to move until around May.
I do not know the class size, however there are only 83 people in the group chat right now so i don’t think it’s full
packfan92
Full Member
Does being put on the WL after an interview automatically mean the class is full?
When I had my last interview (2/12), they told me the class was not full yet. So, it’s probable they are being straight up with interviewees about the waitlist now that the class is full. There are 83 ppl in the groupme, but remember that many ppl dont have groupme, AND not all of the folks who are in the chat have paid their final seat deposit of $1500. I’ll try to keep y’all updated on the additions and deletions of ppl in the groupme, but there hasn’t been any movement since I last mentioned somebody being removed because they chose Morehouse.
Last edited:
Thank you to everybody who is keeping an eye on the group me # for us.
1) Until Meharry sends you a rejection email assume you are still in the race.
2) Until Meharry sends a "class is full" email assume you are still in the race.
Anything could happen.
If the class is already full that means they simply can't get to every secondary and are only viewing waitlisted ppl (which sucks for those who will not get their secondary app viewed)
My Friday is slick ruined over this 😂😂😂
1) Until Meharry sends you a rejection email assume you are still in the race.
2) Until Meharry sends a "class is full" email assume you are still in the race.
Anything could happen.
If the class is already full that means they simply can't get to every secondary and are only viewing waitlisted ppl (which sucks for those who will not get their secondary app viewed)
My Friday is slick ruined over this 😂😂😂
True!When I had my last interview (2/12), they told me the class was not full yet. So, it’s probable they are being straight up with interviewees about the waitlist now that the class is full. There are 83 ppl in the groupme, but remember that many ppl dont have groupme, AND not all of the folks who are in the chat have paid their final seat deposit of $1500. I’ll try to keep y’all updated on the additions and deletions of ppl in the groupme, but there hasn’t been any movement since I last mentioned somebody being removed because they chose Morehouse.
Thank you to everybody who is keeping an eye on the group me # for us.
1) Until Meharry sends you a rejection email assume you are still in the race.
2) Until Meharry sends a "class is full" email assume you are still in the race.
Anything could happen.
If the class is already full that means they simply can't get to every secondary and are only viewing waitlisted ppl (which sucks for those who will not get their secondary app viewed)
My Friday is slick ruined over this [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Nah my Friday is ruined [emoji23][emoji23] let me get off here and prep for reapplication
Lol right! 😂😂😂Nah my Friday is ruined [emoji23][emoji23] let me get off here and prep for reapplication
It definitely can add more pressure, especially if you want to get into a competitive specialty. With letter grades, it's easy to feel like you have to get A's in everything, but that's really not the case. Especially in the preclinical years, your grades aren't that important. Just try not to fail anything. Some sage wisdom I got from a 4th year as a 1st year was "it's better to get B's and have a life, than to get A's and be miserable". We do still hope they move to P/F.Hi there 🙂 if you don't mind me asking, how do you feel about the letter grading? that has been one of my concerns, I feel like it would add more pressure? tia
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about the accreditation. Many of the things were already in the process of being corrected when we were put on probation. Our president is very dedicated to fixing all of the issues and has no doubt that they will be fixed.Honestly, after reading each one, I’m not worried. They can rectify this.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
definitely understandable, thanks for responding!It definitely can add more pressure, especially if you want to get into a competitive specialty. With letter grades, it's easy to feel like you have to get A's in everything, but that's really not the case. Especially in the preclinical years, your grades aren't that important. Just try not to fail anything. Some sage wisdom I got from a 4th year as a 1st year was "it's better to get B's and have a life, than to get A's and be miserable". We do still hope they move to P/F.
Nope still waiting submitted my secondary 12/12Anyone in December or November not get an interview yet?
G0dwink246
Full Member
has anyone confirmed as yet if the class is def. full?
They interview into April I think ? So there is still a chance? lol
G0dwink246
Full Member
thats what im thinking....but the replies above got me hella stressed lolThey interview into April I think ? So there is still a chance? lol
thats what im thinking....but the replies above got me hella stressed lol
Yeah IDK... I'm an ORM too so I really don't know tbhhh
Anyone in December or November not get a interview yet?
Nope lol. Just praying I hear something soon because I want to sign a lease but knowing my luck I’ll sign it then could get a II or something(wishful thinking) [emoji23]
They are mad bugging, its almost april.
Whatdadogdoin
Full Member
Yeaaa I submitted my secondary in October and it's been crickets. Got no love from HBCUs this cycle. What I do stink??
Same, no love from HBCUs and I really wanted to attend an HBCU for medical school. I was accepted into my state school, so might withdraw my app.Yeaaa I submitted my secondary in October and it's been crickets. Got no love from HBCUs this cycle. What I do stink??
Let them reject you, don’t withdraw yourself. Whether or not they select you, that’s money you put into an app and it’s always nice to not have to worry about the “what if” factor later on.. like if they give you a interview you can choose to reject that, but you never know! Congrats on getting the A somewhere else🙂)Same, no love from HBCUs and I really wanted to attend an HBCU for medical school. I was accepted into my state school, so might withdraw my app.
Still waiting, submitted secondary 11/28Anyone in December or November not get an interview yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
iceylatte
Full Member
+1Still waiting, submitted secondary 11/28
SnailPo
Full Member
Same! Got the cold shoulder from the 3 I applied to. I’m like ”Y’all think I’m lame or something?” 😭Yeaaa I submitted my secondary in October and it's been crickets. Got no love from HBCUs this cycle. What I do stink??
lol same no love from any of them!!Same! Got the cold shoulder from the 3 I applied to. I’m like ”Y’all think I’m lame or something?” 😭
LMAO pre-ii R