2022-2023 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey yall for the secondary, around how many words did yall write. I dont want to write something too long

I haven’t received a secondary. Would y’all advise I reach out to them or keep waiting?

Reactions: 1 user
^^ I reached out to them. And the guy i talked to said to be patient there still giving out secondaries. He said too many people have been calling lol

Reactions: 9 users
Secondary submitted 10/11. II received today but I will be declining. Hopefully it goes to one of y'all. Good luck!!

• Care
Reactions: 14 users
They have a fast turnaround for II, Meharry give me my secondary loolllll

Reactions: 4 users
They have a fast turnaround for II, Meharry give me my secondary loolllll

still waiting for mine also 🫠 Last year I got one quickly. They must have a different method that they’re doing this year.

I just got an interview. I'm so honored. Like OMG. So excited. Complete 10/10. Pray for me yall!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 17 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just a heads up y’all, I just got out of my first part of the interview and it’s actually MMI styled and then they email you for a part 2 interview that’s a traditional interview. They emailed me today about the traditional interview and it’s on Saturday and I was given 4 time slot options. So it’s actually two interviews, not one. The first one is MMI, and then the second part is just a 40 min traditional interview.

Reactions: 12 users
Did you guys already have your Casper?

Reactions: 1 users
Just a heads up y’all, I just got out of my first part of the interview and it’s actually MMI styled and then they email you for a part 2 interview that’s a traditional interview. They emailed me today about the traditional interview and it’s on Saturday and I was given 4 time slot options. So it’s actually two interviews, not one. The first one is MMI, and then the second part is just a 40 min traditional interview.
same for me first one only had 2 mmi questions tho? how about yours? ( also it was conversational and chill interviewer was super nice)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I'm a little bit confused on the secondary. Is there a difference between the "Rank the following types of practice as they relate to your medical career priority" and the "Rank the following types of practice as they relate to your medical practice priority?"

Also the application history? what do they mean by type? and most recent disposition? I haven't applied to Meharry before previously, if that's what they're asking

So has everybody just bit the bullet on the secondary application fee? I was really hoping they'd accept fee waivers.:rolleyes:

LOL Just when I thought I was done working on secondaries! LOL

Guess I gotta work on this one.

Does anyone know what word count we should aim for? And is it advisable to go ahead and submit even if I am ORM?

Are y’all iS or OOS because I sitll haven’t got a secondary

When Did you submit primary to meharry? I submitted the 1st of august

Received secondary 10/22
Received "Thank you for your application" emails to acknowledge receipt of primary on 9/19 and 9/14
Sent primary on 8/18, verified on 8/25

Secondary received 10/21/2022
OOS, URM, 502 mcat (i f***ing tried OK), sgpa 3.2, SMP gpa 3.97 (I tried HARDER)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Just got my secondary at 12.00 pm EST today.

received secondary today. OOS and not African American. Just curious if this is a big deal and whether they screen heavily for secondaries/invites.

received secondary today. OOS and not African American. Just curious if this is a big deal and whether they screen heavily for secondaries/invites.
What ethnicity are you

anyone still waiting on a secondary? i'm trying to be patient, but it's hard

anyone still waiting on a secondary? i'm trying to be patient, but it's hard
How long have you been waiting? It took about 2 months, maybe a little more, after I submitted my primary for them to send me the secondary.

Hey yall. This is from last year's thread. Please read, have a glass of wine, and go live your best life while you wait to hear from Meharry.

Current MS1 at Meharry. Just dropping a few insights about Meharry since I know their application process can be stressful.

1. Meharry has a small Admissons office, and they also look at each applicant holistically which means their application cycle runs late. A couple of people each year will still be accepted up until the first week of classes.

2. Applications are screened but it’s not just based on stats. No one knows the specific criteria but not everyone will get a secondary. There have been people with high MCAT scores that haven’t gotten a secondary from Meharry because their app didn’t fit the school. There have been people with low MCAT scores that did get one because their app fit the school. Everything they do is holistic.

3. Try not to stress. Meharry usually doesn’t give specific updates about applications but you will receive an email when they’re considering you. Check the spam folder of your email to make sure you don’t miss any or whitelist their admissions email. The portal is the site showing your submitted secondary. The portal will only be updated to show a decision letter from the school (acceptance). Rejections, secondaries, acceptances, and II will all be sent via email. If you’ve interviewed then check your portal periodically. Sometimes the decision will be there before you get an acceptance email because they just haven’t gotten around to sending the emails yet.

4. Don’t put any concern into when you applied, got a secondary, interviewed, or received certain/different emails vs someone else. None of it matters. Some people will apply early and get accepted later than other who interviewed after them. It’s part of the holistic process. If you haven’t received a rejection you’re still in the running. I applied early in July, interviewed in September and didn’t get accepted until April.

5. Meharry typically does 1 interview with a single faculty member. Anything else may be something new they’re trying this application year. Don’t expect a second one, they can be a bit disorganized so if they tell you you’re fine and don’t need to do anything further then you’re good. If you’ve had your interview then try to relax and wait for a decision because stressing won’t help anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
What do we put for the "Select Term" option on the secondary application? I thought the program started in the summer of 2023, but I don't see that option.

On the Application History section of the secondary, under "Prior Medical School" what does Type of Application, Previous Years, and Most Recent Disposition mean?