2022-2023 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

We are very excited to be accepting applications for our third class! Explore our website for information about our unique curriculum, research program, admissions requirements, etc. Check out our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) to get connected and learn more about Noorda-COM. Recordings of all our past Faculty Fridays can be found on our Facebook page and YouTube channel.

We are happy to answer any questions you may have about Noorda-COM, Provo, etc. -- Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]!

Kristen Anderson
Assistant Dean for Student Affairs

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school just do a video interview? or do they have essay questions as well?

sGPA of 3.8 and post-bacc of 51 science credits at 4.0. But I received an email from them saying my application is on hold due to not meeting the preferred 60 science credit minimum. I have 58. Should I be concerned about the email, or not really?

sGPA of 3.8 and post-bacc of 51 science credits at 4.0. But I received an email from them saying my application is on hold due to not meeting the preferred 60 science credit minimum. I have 58. Should I be concerned about the email, or not really?
I would probably call admissions because if you aren't meeting the requirement then you probably should be concerned.

secondary received - 7/2/22

Record a short video (maximum 8 minutes) that answers the following questions:

• Who are you?
  • What is your passion?
  • What does service mean to you?
  • Tell us about a physician you admire/want to emulate?
  • Why Noorda-COM?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
What should we wear for the secondary? It says be yourself so I am thinking for men maybe a collar shirt and not a suit.

Members don't see this ad :)
secondary received - 7/2/22

Record a short video (maximum 8 minutes) that answers the following questions:

• Who are you?
  • What is your passion?
  • What does service mean to you?
  • Tell us about a physician you admire/want to emulate?
  • Why Noorda-COM?
When did you submit your primary app/recieve an email from them saying "they recieved your application"

Does anyone know what the requirements are to receive a secondary application? Is it based off of GPA and MCAT or if our experiences fit the school's mission?

Hey guys, after submission of the video and headshot in the box link, did you guys get some sort of confirmation? Just wanna make sure mine actually uploaded, it did say successful but didn't get an email like I did when I did the docusign

Hey guys, after submission of the video and headshot in the box link, did you guys get some sort of confirmation? Just wanna make sure mine actually uploaded, it did say successful but didn't get an email like I did when I did the docusign

No confirmation email. I emailed them the same question, and said I was good to go.

On the website they said that a GPA of above 3.0 is preferred. My GPA for undergrad was 3.19, science 3.15, and graduate 3.85. Yet I just received an email saying my application is on hold because my GPA falls below the preferredminimum? Did they update the requirement to 3.5 and not update the website? I'm confused.

On the website they said that a GPA of above 3.0 is preferred. My GPA for undergrad was 3.19, science 3.15, and graduate 3.85. Yet I just received an email saying my application is on hold because my GPA falls below the preferredminimum? Did they update the requirement to 3.5 and not update the website? I'm confused.
I’d say email them, I don’t think it’s the minimums, they’re very holistic, maybe mission fit? I’d definitely email them

not holistic. 3.0 minimum. I would know because I tried to argue with them about my 2.96 cumulative lol
Very weird bc they offered me a secondary with my 49X first MCAT score

I’d say email them, I don’t think it’s the minimums, they’re very holistic, maybe mission fit? I’d definitely email them
Update: I emailed them and they said it was their mistake and moved my application to the next step in reviewing.

• Care
did not receive any complete email, however, my checklist is completely marked off!

Complete email finally!! I was stressing cuz the secondary cut off is Aug 1st. I wonder how many secondaries they send out because that seemed like a fast turnover time. I would assume not a lot because they have to review so many videos so hopefully we get to hear back fast 😊

Complete email finally!! I was stressing cuz the secondary cut off is Aug 1st. I wonder how many secondaries they send out because that seemed like a fast turnover time. I would assume not a lot because they have to review so many videos so hopefully we get to hear back fast 😊
I’d actually like to know the metrics also tbh