2021-2022 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! Just got the email
When did you interview? did you get accepted after that or off of the WL?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if everyone that interviewed either was WL or accepted? I haven’t heard anyone that got rejected post interview

I am OOS and got denied pretty much immediately after submitting my AACOMAS application. I would really like to know why I did not even get a chance at a secondary application.

I am OOS and got denied pretty much immediately after submitting my AACOMAS application. I would really like to know why I did not even get a chance at a secondary application.
how are your stats?

how are your stats?
506 MCAT 3.6c and 3.4s
127 in CARS. That was 82nd percentile.
I had a well-rounded application, too. Even the med schools I got into said it was really good.

506 MCAT 3.6c and 3.4s
I had a well-rounded application, too. Even the med schools I got into said it was really good.
weird. I have no idea then. Maybe reach out the adcoms to ask them for feedback if you're curious

506 MCAT 3.6c and 3.4s

I don't think they would but maybe yield protection? I have no idea honestly. Please let us know if you do reach out and they offer an explanation as that would provide more insight for future applicants.

@Noorda-COM Admissions is it okay to apply here with a 496 MCAT? I know you all do holistic reviews
A minimum total score of 500 with subsection scores of 125 is preferred. While MCAT scores are just one of the many factors we consider when evaluating applications, the average MCAT score for the Class of 2025 is 504. Because the applicant pool is getting increasingly more competitive, I highly recommend retaking the MCAT and aiming for a score of 500+ to increase your overall competitiveness.

Best,

Kristen Anderson
Assistant Dean for Student Affairs

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any current OMS-I on here that can give me some insight into ordering the medical kit? Have you seen any of the upgrades really make a difference with any of your classmates?

Are there any current OMS-I on here that can give me some insight into ordering the medical kit? Have you seen any of the upgrades really make a difference with any of your classmates?
On the FB group for accepted students, someone asked the same question and current students mostly answered with the standard kit is fine. One even said that they bought it off another student who was graduating just to save some money.

I was recently accepted here and was wondering if there are any current students that would be willing to talk with me about their experience so far? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 1 user
A minimum total score of 500 with subsection scores of 125 is preferred. While MCAT scores are just one of the many factors we consider when evaluating applications, the average MCAT score for the Class of 2025 is 504. Because the applicant pool is getting increasingly more competitive, I highly recommend retaking the MCAT and aiming for a score of 500+ to increase your overall competitiveness.

Best,

Kristen Anderson
Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
Can one apply and be accepted with pre reqs in progress?

Does this school have decent clinical rotations? Just curious given how the U seems to have most the good hospitals already.

Does this school have decent clinical rotations? Just curious given how the U seems to have most the good hospitals already.
They have their rotations of their clinical partners/sites listed on their website. Looks like pretty much half are through Intermountain which is the major provider in utah.

It’s been quiet on here.. anyone heard from waitlist? When could we expect to hear?

Accepted off the waitlist May 4th! I interviewed 11/8. Waitlisted 11/23.

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone receive a call from the school? I received one, but I missed the call. Also, I'm on the waitlist.

Wondering if most of their rotation spots are at teaching hospitals. Some new DO schools tend to have rotations at clinics so the learning experience may not be as great

Accepted off the waitlist today. Interviewed mid-Oct. Will decline the seat though. Goodluck everyone.

Wondering if most of their rotation spots are at teaching hospitals. Some new DO schools tend to have rotations at clinics so the learning experience may not be as great

Looks like they only have one teaching hospital on their list, Utah Valley. I'm pretty sure Utah Valley only has one residency program which is in family medicine.

Just got accepted!

Reactions: 3 users
Just declined my offer - good luck everyone hope it goes to you ! 🫶

Hey everyone, neurotic Nelly here, if anyone is still lurking this thread just have a quick question. I was gracious enough to be in the first batch of interviews for this school, was the post-II A rate high for that? Did most people get an A after being in the first batch? Ty!