2022-2023 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi! i had about 250-300 volunteer hours (across various tutoring and mentorship roles) at time of app with about 200 hours projected after submission and I was accepted (no prior hold)! i think your whole application plays a part, and i wouldn't write off the school just because your volunteer hours don't hit a certain number :)
Congrats! And thank you for the info! I guess I will throw in an app and see what happens

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know whether there will be an another first look event?
Spoke with an ambassador yesterday and they said Rush is doing individual tours. The ambassador mentioned it I’m in the area to just let them know and they’ll sign up to show me around the campus. Highly recommend reaching out to talk to an ambassador if you have more questions, I had questions about a specific track and being a non-trad and was able to get connected with two different students quickly.

Would you guys consider Rush to be a mid-tier or low-tier school? Its hard to gauge how much they are respected outside of Chicago, specifically places on the east coast.

Has anyone been able to find the match list at Rush for this year?

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone had any merit scholarship added to their account?

Does anyone want to see if they still think they can get us a notification this week of the scholarships we applied to? Idk why I'm scared to ask lol

Does anyone want to see if they still think they can get us a notification this week of the scholarships we applied to? Idk why I'm scared to ask lol
nothing yet, i thought there was supposed to be a townhall tomorrow april 4th? if I'm not mistaken its supposed to be the first tuesday of every month but I haven't gotten the reminder yet which I usually get the day before.

usually someone asks at the townhalls lol

Reactions: 1 users
Would you guys consider Rush to be a mid-tier or low-tier school? Its hard to gauge how much they are respected outside of Chicago, specifically places on the east coast.

A lot of ppl on the east coast have no idea that Rush exists. They’re ranked 68 if that means something to you

Did anyone go to the town hall yesterday and did someone ask about the scholarships???

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember them saying during the interview that years 3/4 are also true P/F - does anyone know if this is true or did I misunderstand?

I remember them saying during the interview that years 3/4 are also true P/F - does anyone know if this is true or did I misunderstand?
I was also confused by this! Because that's what current students told me, but admissions team members said yesterday that clinicals are graded

I was also confused by this! Because that's what current students told me, but admissions team members said yesterday that clinicals are graded
Yeah I could've sworn during interview day that's what they said. Definitely a big factor to take into consideration so I will probably email admissions and ask.

Yeah I could've sworn during interview day that's what they said. Definitely a big factor to take into consideration so I will probably email admissions and ask.
i was also confused about this, please let us know if they do reply to you! tia!

i was also confused about this, please let us know if they do reply to you! tia!
unless something has changed since December, according to an email that Dr. Patwari (i think the dean of curriculum?) sent to me, "We have no plan of going pass fail for M3 and M4 year at this time". so P/F M1-M2, H/HP/P/F M3-M4. idt rush can afford to go PF for clinical years like the top schools do, so i think this is good for rush students to stand out.

Ughh did anyone get notified of scholarships yet? I guess they are going to get it to us closer to the middle of the week
I wish they would be faster about this

I got off the waitlist at the end of March and got a half-tuition scholarship. The timeline might be different for other scholarships though.

“Merit,” I say that cause it definitely wasn’t my grades or MCAT. It had more to do with my ECs I think and my record of service.
Per the financial aid office, only need-based scholarships have gone out so far!

Received one of the merit based scholarships yesterday afternoon fyi. Unsure if they awarded all recipients at the same time or not

Received one of the merit based scholarships yesterday afternoon fyi. Unsure if they awarded all recipients at the same time or not
One of the essay ones you had to apply for, or regular merit based that you’re automatically considered for?

Reactions: 2 users
got an email right now saying that all scholarships have been sent out. i think it was sent to everyone because i didn't get any

Yeah I got the same email. Disappointing.
I truly want to know the in-depth scoring criteria for each scholarship and not the generic summary they gave for each. Like was it also based on financial need?

Does anyone plan to commit to Rush and looking to room with someone? These Chicago rents are not sitting well with me lol.

Does anyone know what was said at the Monthly Town Hall tonight? Something came up and I had to miss it.

Does anyone know what was said at the Monthly Town Hall tonight? Something came up and I had to miss it.
Would also love to know if anyone would be nice to PM me. I have work during this time
unless I'm mistaken, monthly town halls are first Tuesday of every month? so unless I'm wrong I don't think there was one

Wait, we don’t have to pay the enrollment fee every year right? It’s just for our first year granted we don’t take a year leave??
Also, is that factored into our tuition for our first year or is that separate?

Last edited:
Wait, we don’t have to pay the enrollment fee every year right? It’s just for our first year granted we don’t take a year leave??
Also, is that factored into our tuition for our first year or is that separate?
Correct! I’m not 100% about the first year though (didn’t really think about that…)

Withdrew my acceptance to Rush today as I decided to attend my state school. It was such a hard decision! Hope one of you gets an A from the waitlist right away. Hang in there!

Reactions: 5 users