2022-2023 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted :( interviewed 2/8

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I thought they always released decisions on Fridays so that’s super exciting! 😊🥳
i honestly was only expecting to hear back on friday! i woke up to the email and thought it wasn't real for 10 minutes haha - not sure why they sent it out today. hope everyone else gets good news soon <3

do we know if/when rush starts sending out fin aid/scholarship info? :)

hey folks, just to confirm we do have to submit a $100 deposit to save our place/accept our offer? and that's nonrefundable right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does making the deposit and accepting the offer at Rush mean that you are committing? Or is it similar to other schools that you plan to hold a seat (but non-binding)?

Does making the deposit and accepting the offer at Rush mean that you are committing? Or is it similar to other schools that you plan to hold a seat (but non-binding)?
it is NOT binding! it is to hold a seat in the class :)

anybody else have an issue like this? where it says financial aid package is ready "offer letter is now ready" and then the next link says "review your financial aid letter" but when you click it it says "You have no awards to display so no offer letter can be generated at this time. Please contact your Financial Aid Office if you need additional information."

Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 9.49.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 9.50.30 AM.png

anybody else have an issue like this? where it says financial aid package is ready "offer letter is now ready" and then the next link says "review your financial aid letter" but when you click it it says "You have no awards to display so no offer letter can be generated at this time. Please contact your Financial Aid Office if you need additional information."

View attachment 367585View attachment 367586

Same thing for me! This is why I asked if financial aid is released.

View attachment 367585View attachment 367586
Yeah I am having the same problem ://

Received my financial aid, just happened to check the portal this evening. I am incredibly disappointed in the amount of aid

same here, didnt get an email but my portal updated, also disappointed in amount of aid but REMEMBER according to the financial aid webinars I attended, they said this is basically 1 of 3 chances to get scholarships. There's need based, then there's the scholarships we filled out (there were like 10) where we find out end of march early April they said was their goal and then there are like 100 scholarships we can get for random stuff like being URM, having leadership so scholarships we are automatically considered for that we don't have to apply for. So , still have 2 more chances everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
I still couldn’t see my financial aid package. The portal says it’s out, but when I click it, it says I have no awards. Anyone on the same boat?

same here, didnt get an email but my portal updated, also disappointed in amount of aid but REMEMBER according to the financial aid webinars I attended, they said this is basically 1 of 3 chances to get scholarships. There's need based, then there's the scholarships we filled out (there were like 10) where we find out end of march early April they said was their goal and then there are like 100 scholarships we can get for random stuff like being URM, having leadership so scholarships we are automatically considered for that we don't have to apply for. So , still have 2 more chances everyone!
Is the merit scholarship that everyone is considered for included in this financial aid package? Or did they say that will come out after? (not the ones we applied for but the automatic consideration ones)

Is the merit scholarship that everyone is considered for included in this financial aid package? Or did they say that will come out after? (not the ones we applied for but the automatic consideration ones)
i dont think it is because they said their goal but to not hold them to it, that their goal is end of march early April to start handing them out so I think this may be our first one as I'm assuming there might be more because after talking to current RMC students, many of them said they got something in the spring like we are now but they also got more scholarships in like October sooo I feel like there's still hope

Does anyone know if we can accept the loans and financial aids after we know our scholarship information? Is there a deadline to accepting the financial package?

hey yall I am hoping to apply next year and was trying to aim for ED at rush- have any of you/current students apply ED here that I can reach out to?

Wait does anyone know when they said we will hear back about the scholarships that the deadline just passed for?

Wait does anyone know when they said we will hear back about the scholarships that the deadline just passed for?
so for the ones we applied for, they said "our goal is for end of march, april 1st but don't hold us to that date, that's our goal but its not a promise" so I'm assuming sometime before end of April
but also after talking to current students, apparently a lot of people get awarded scholarships in like October once we are settled in

so for the ones we applied for, they said "our goal is for end of march, april 1st but don't hold us to that date, that's our goal but its not a promise" so I'm assuming sometime before end of April
but also after talking to current students, apparently a lot of people get awarded scholarships in like October once we are settled in
Did they say what the scholarships awarded in October are based on?

Did they say what the scholarships awarded in October are based on?
anything, one guy said diversity, one said leadership, this is a complete guess but I'm assuming its like internal scholarships we get considered for once we are settled in

Did anyone get a confirmation email for second look weekend registration?
i dont remember getting one. I can't find one so I don't think so. maybe we get it wed? There's a diversity reception Thursday and then first look Friday, just my guess though

i dont remember getting one. I can't find one so I don't think so. maybe we get it wed? There's a diversity reception Thursday and then first look Friday, just my guess though
I messaged them and apparently I never RSVP’ed. I would definitely double check to see if they’ve received yours 😭😭 They still allowed me to register tho 🥹

Does anyone know if we can accept the loans and financial aids after we know our scholarship information? Is there a deadline to accepting the financial package?
hi! i got info on the deadline for the financial aid: "The fall term aid is schedule to disburse to your student account on 08/18/23, the package will need to be accepted by that date to ensure the loans disburse accordingly."

they also mentioned that they will start giving ppl notifications of the scholarships we applied for starting in april!

Reactions: 1 users
Is first look day open or recommended to those who have been waitlisted? Also is anyone coming through this Friday?

Reactions: 1 users
I came across a reddit post from a few years back that was copied from RUSH's website. It said "prior to matriculating, students completed an average of 1,400 community service hours." I can't seem to find this information anywhere on their website. I was wondering what the minimum number of community service hours that someone should have completed to consider applying here? >1000 hours?

I came across a reddit post from a few years back that was copied from RUSH's website. It said "prior to matriculating, students completed an average of 1,400 community service hours." I can't seem to find this information anywhere on their website. I was wondering what the minimum number of community service hours that someone should have completed to consider applying here? >1000 hours?
I have moved your question to the main Rush thread for 2022-2023. Applicants and accepted/current students can provide their own experiences, but Rush tends to look for several hundred hours of community service as well as a similar amount of clinical experience. Higher stats will not make up for that at this school and I would not advise applying here without at least 500-600 hours. This would have to be meaningful work too with the underserved as opposed to tutoring hours or fundraising.

I have moved your question to the main Rush thread for 2022-2023. Applicants and accepted/current students can provide their own experiences, but Rush tends to look for several hundred hours of community service as well as a similar amount of clinical experience. Higher stats will not make up for that at this school and I would not advise applying here without at least 500-600 hours. This would have to be meaningful work too with the underserved as opposed to tutoring hours or fundraising.
Thanks! Sorry I wasn't sure where to post it. I have ~500 hours, but I wasn't sure if that was enough. I will probably remove from my list then.

Thanks! Sorry I wasn't sure where to post it. I have ~500 hours, but I wasn't sure if that was enough. I will probably remove from my list then.
hi! i had about 250-300 volunteer hours (across various tutoring and mentorship roles) at time of app with about 200 hours projected after submission and I was accepted (no prior hold)! i think your whole application plays a part, and i wouldn't write off the school just because your volunteer hours don't hit a certain number :)