You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Southern Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SquirrellyScholar
Full Member
I don't think they weight their acceptances by Interview or AWPA time, if that's what you're worried about thereanyone that’s accepted very recently interview in January or after?
User233211
Full Member
Gotcha, have a feeling it’s time to move on to plan B this late in the cycle
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when i called and talked to admissions they said there is still movement throughout may and it starts to slow down in june so there is still time!Gotcha, have a feeling it’s time to move on to plan B this late in the cycle
User233211
Full Member
that’s nice to hear, I sent an email a week ago about movement and I didn’t get a response :/when i called and talked to admissions they said there is still movement throughout may and it starts to slow down in june so there is still time!
SquirrellyScholar
Full Member
We know there's at least some movement. After all, two people in this thread got the A! (On that note, congrats folks I'm so envious ♥️)
I'm still prepping my reapp, but there's still a glimmer of hope.
I'm still prepping my reapp, but there's still a glimmer of hope.
you could try calling! beth, the director of admissions, was extremely nice and helpful when i talked with herthat’s nice to hear, I sent an email a week ago about movement and I didn’t get a response :/
SquirrellyScholar
Full Member
I feel so bad for her having to put up with our anxious selves! Hope she gets a good break after the cycle is over, she deserves ityou could try calling! beth, the director of admissions, was extremely nice and helpful when i talked with her
SquirrellyScholar
Full Member
I notice the Facebook group is at 72, which is what the previous years are hovering at... Does that mean they're done? Or is there a shred of hope somewhere still?🥲
^^If anybody has the GroupMe for siu could you guys send it to me 😭
secondisthebest
New Member
I am assuming/hoping that some people are still waiting to officially accept an acceptance.I notice the Facebook group is at 72, which is what the previous years are hovering at... Does that mean they're done? Or is there a shred of hope somewhere still?🥲
User233211
Full Member
Based off of previous Facebook group sizes I think it’s full now ;( twas a good run
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lordepithelial
Full Member
Anyone know if they have a matriculation drug screening test?
SquirrellyScholar
Full Member
A cursory run research shows me their GME programs and residency programs require it, but I can't find anything for if there's anything for first years. Googling the question pulled up a previous thread from a prior year with a similar question, and they said there wasn't one in orientation materialsAnyone know if they have a matriculation drug screening test?
The TL;DR seems to be that you won't have one for pre-matriculation but will probably run into one eventually, if I'm reading this right.