You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
MDLoading13
New Member
Does anyone know if there's an accepted students group somewhere?
(3/3 Interview, 3/16 Acceptance)
(3/3 Interview, 3/16 Acceptance)
this has been answered in the thread a lot, the answer is noare they still sending out ii?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is this discord link!Does anyone know if there's an accepted students group somewhere?
(3/3 Interview, 3/16 Acceptance)
premedvybes101
Full Member
... so I got a silent R😂, I wish schools sent Rs so we are updated!
D
deleted1150307
I am in the same boat, still did not receive anything from them 🙁... so I got a silent R😂, I wish schools sent Rs so we are updated!
It really sucks and I hate this process but stay hopeful though! I still do not have any acceptance this cycle (pending interview), but I know that one day it will come at the right time if I keep persisting. Best of luck to you!
It was my assumption that all schools send some rejection, it's just a matter of when. Some of them don't do it until the start of classes of the next batch I hear.... so I got a silent R😂, I wish schools sent Rs so we are updated!
Also for people looking for info or asking questions that have already been answered previously, sometimes in great depth, the search function does allow you to search specific threads. Typing in something like "II" or "interview" into the search bar and clicking "this thread" could save people some time, avoid redundant posts, and probably give people more info than an answer from a single user.
1- ChicagoCould I ask what you ranked Peoria?
2- Peoria
3- Rockford
MDLoading13
New Member
Thank you! When I click on the link, it takes me to an empty page that says "no text channels". Is this something that you could dm me an invite to?There is this discord link!
Is anyone going to the “second look” zoom thing? If so, does anyone know what the dress code is? Idk how casual or formal it is, or if I need to clear my studio apartment from others for it and such
sadbabyinroom
New Member
got my campus placement! interviewed 2/14, campus placement is chicago, campus placement ranked was 1) chicago 2) peoria 3) rockford !
la vida loca
Full Member
Congrats! Did you get it today?got my campus placement! interviewed 2/14, campus placement is chicago, campus placement ranked was 1) chicago 2) peoria 3) rockford !
sadbabyinroom
New Member
yes! I checked around 1pm it was still TBD and then I checked at 8pm and it was there!Congrats! Did you get it today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got Peoria :/
la vida loca
Full Member
When did you interview?Got Peoria :/
+1, interviewed 2/23Got Peoria :/
Does anyone know if there are other dates for the second look? In April, for instance? The one this Friday may be difficult for me to fully attend.
Are you IS or OOS?got my campus placement! interviewed 2/14, campus placement is chicago, campus placement ranked was 1) chicago 2) peoria 3) rockford !
sadbabyinroom
New Member
I'm in state and I actually did my undergrad at uic tooAre you IS or OOS?
Cookiemonster22
Full Member
So the consensus is that As could still be handed out April 20th?
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
They hand out A's until May - June, I can testify to that from my friends last yearSo the consensus is that As could still be handed out April 20th?
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
not sure if this has been asked but does everyone get DD if they don't get an A?
Atypicalmeds
New Member
should the letter of intent be addressed to the associate dean of admissions Dr. Thompson?
I personally have addressed my letters of intent to the admissions committeeshould the letter of intent be addressed to the associate dean of admissions Dr. Thompson?
sadbabyinroom
New Member
GroupMealso looking for an accepted students chat if there is one. The discord link did not work for me either. Thanks!
This is a groupme link someone made during the second look event for accepted students!
la vida loca
Full Member
For current students, are the required in person classes usually in the afternoons? And how many times a week are we in person approximately?
Depends on the week. Core case and TBL are typically mornings, HIS, HCS, PHA, anatomy lab, and DoCS are typically afternoons. You can take a look at the Chicago M1 schedule HERE. Other campuses vary due to smaller classes making DoCS and anatomy lab operate differently and they do not have any PHAs (physician house advising). Courses marked with an M are mandatory, otherwise, they are optional. Everything is recorded except PHA. Some mandatory courses are online, most are in person.For current students, are the required in person classes usually in the afternoons? And how many times a week are we in person approximately?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wantabedoctor
Full Member
IMO It’s just rude that they don’t send us the R. They took our money fast enough. 9 months and not a word 😡.... so I got a silent R😂, I wish schools sent Rs so we are updated!
Depends on the week. Core case and TBL are typically mornings, HIS, HCS, PHA, anatomy lab, and DoCS are typically afternoons. You can take a look at the Chicago M1 schedule HERE. Other campuses vary due to smaller classes making DoCS and anatomy lab operate differently and they do not have any PHAs (physician house advising). Courses marked with an M are mandatory, otherwise, they are optional. Everything is recorded except PHA. Some mandatory courses are online, most are in person.
This is pretty accurate for Rockford as well. Our PHA-equivalent stuff probably happens during synthesis weeks.
Last week we had one mandatory session on Friday morning, this week we have mandatories on M, Tu, W afternoon and one on Friday morning. It varies a little week to week, though the normal for us is classes Mon-Wed with the occasional DoCS/HCS/HIS sprinkled in, and Core Cases/TBLs on Thursday and Friday
Is the AMP Portal still down for everyone?
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
it was back up yesterday when i checked; yep working rnIs the AMP Portal still down for everyone?
la vida loca
Full Member
I don’t believe there’s another second look but you are able to schedule an in person campus tour.Does anyone know if there will be another second look for students accepted off DD later on?
iliterallyhateithere
Full Member
someone on reddit got into UIC w a 500 mcat and is OOS hoping they show IS DD some love
chocolatefrosty1
Full Member
Been on DD for like 5 months (OOS) so also hoping for some DD movement this month lolsomeone on reddit got into UIC w a 500 mcat and is OOS hoping they show IS DD some love
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
wow! must b nice, do u think we have a chance in april?someone on reddit got into UIC w a 500 mcat and is OOS hoping they show IS DD some love
iliterallyhateithere
Full Member
ik i was kind of shook. Good for them tho I guess. and I (personally) have started to prep for a reapp incase since I am WLed at other schools. I guess we can only wait and hope that the grossly high tuition pushes OOS folks to give up their spot if they have other As. I am cautiously optimistic but also planning for plan B in case.wow! must b nice, do u think we have a chance in april?
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
yeah, im hoping so too! i would love the chance to go to any of the campuses at uic
Recentros5
Full Member
Lolsomeone on reddit got into UIC w a 500 mcat and is OOS hoping they show IS DD some love
la vida loca
Full Member
Is any current students willing to PM me? I have some questions about UIC Chicago campus.
Is any current students willing to PM me? I have some questions about UIC Chicago campus.
You can PM me. At Chicago campus.
la vida loca
Full Member
Does anyone know the pre-SOAP match rate for this year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hobblewobble
New Member
Has anyone received a financial aid package yet?
cranjismcbasketball
Full Member
99%, they told us at second lookDoes anyone know the pre-SOAP match rate for this year?
la vida loca
Full Member
Isn’t that post-SOAP?99%, they told us at second look
Class of 2023 Celebrates Match Day this article has some numbers and links to all the match lists for all three campuses
Astrid Stanley
Full Member
So if I got this right, DD is their official waitlist then?