2022-2023 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
hi not sure if this has been answered already, but is there a FB group for UICOM (Chicago campus)?

Reactions: 1 user
So if I got this right, DD is their official waitlist then?
It's an enhanced waitlist, they actually look it at monthly when they meet and pull people off until end of April, when everyone is moved to an official waitlist

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when UICOM will verify prerequisites and transcripts for those who have been accepted? Does anyone's portal still show these as action items not completed?

Is there a Facebook page or GroupMe for those that got accepted and placed at Rockford?

Has anyone gotten a scholarship with their acceptance letter? I'm trying to see if they gave them out already or if I still have a chance lol

Let's say people with a Chicago placement withdraw, do people in the wait-list get to go to Chicago or would they switch the placement of people already admitted? Very much dreading Peoria and looking for a glimmer of hope out.

Let's say people with a Chicago placement withdraw, do people in the wait-list get to go to Chicago or would they switch the placement of people already admitted? Very much dreading Peoria and looking for a glimmer of hope out.
I'm assuming the individuals on the WL would get placed there as they emphasized that campus placements are final but I obviously have no idea what they'll actually do lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I think once you're assigned that's it. There is no movement or appeal process based off what I've heard from students and what they said on interview day.

I believe they would go to the waitlist to fill those Chicago spots.

I think once you're assigned that's it. There is no movement or appeal process based off what I've heard from students and what they said on interview day.

I believe they would go to the waitlist to fill those Chicago spots.
Oof

I cannot figure out for the life of me how to withdraw from this school. So I came here as some kind of solution (lol I will also call admissions). I was Chicago campus. Enjoy!

for anyone who is on DD, does your portal look the same as it did before your interview?

Hey ya’ll where do we find our financial aid information?

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone gotten a scholarship with their acceptance letter? I'm trying to see if they gave them out already or if I still have a chance lol
I recently got the deans scholarship. Just a random email a couple days ago so I think they are still giving them out

• Love
Hey ya’ll where do we find our financial aid information?
you need to login to your UIC portal and look under financial aid. (halfway down, red and blue link). You first need to get an activation token. I think they come a week or so after you get a campus placement. Mine was incorrect and I was able to email [email protected] and they hooked me up with a new token. You also need a UIN but that should have already been sent with the automatic financial aid email. If you didn't get that yet then you probably do not have a financial aid offer just yet. Hope that helps!

you need to login to your UIC portal and look under financial aid. (halfway down, red and blue link). You first need to get an activation token. I think they come a week or so after you get a campus placement. Mine was incorrect and I was able to email [email protected] and they hooked me up with a new token. You also need a UIN but that should have already been sent with the automatic financial aid email. If you didn't get that yet then you probably do not have a financial aid offer just yet. Hope that helps!
Thanks so much for the explanation! I didn’t get a token yet so I’ll just wait it out.

I had to email several times and call admissions in the last month in order to withdraw from this school. Harder than it needs to be :(

I had one of the Chicago spots. Hope there's some movement for waitlisted students soon.

Reactions: 3 users
Wondering when did you receive your token from UIC and what was the email that sent you the token? I got my UNI last Wednesday but haven't received my token yet...thanks!

I was accepted almost six months ago and haven't received any financial aid info yet, is anyone else dealing with something similar or should I reach out to them?

I recently got the deans scholarship. Just a random email a couple days ago so I think they are still giving them out
How much did they offer you? I'm curious to know how much money they're giving out with these scholarships

Wondering when did you receive your token from UIC and what was the email that sent you the token? I got my UNI last Wednesday but haven't received my token yet...thanks!
I did not get a token right away, I just emailed the IT email to ask for it and they said they were having some issues with the tokens so I would maybe just email IT and ask for it if you have your UNI

How much did they offer you? I'm curious to know how much money they're giving out with these scholarships
Im not sure if it's the same for everyone but I got the deans scholarship and they offered 10K a year. Not life changing but I am definitely happy to have it!

Withdrew my A. One of you unlucky lucky candidates will now have a spot on the Peoria campus this fall!

• Haha
Hi all! I was assigned the Rockford campus and have some questions that I was hoping to talk to a current M1 about. If anyone on here would be willing to connect or share contact info, please PM me!! :)

Waitlisted, interviewed in December. Prepping now for a third cycle...

• Care
Are there any other Canadian or International students that were accepted? If so, please message me

when does the waitlist typically begin to move?
Last year it started like May10th? Previous years before there was minimal WL movement. I’m not sure what it will be like this year but I’m trying to stay positive 🥹

• Care
Last year it started like May10th? Previous years before there was minimal WL movement. I’m not sure what it will be like this year but I’m trying to stay positive 🥹
Well April 30th is when admitted applicants holding multiple acceptances are required to withdraw all offers except one, so anything around or after this date makes sense! I'm also on a WL for another school and am anxiously awaiting the end of this month to see what happens. Best of luck to all :giggle: <3

i thought they met third thursday :/ why did they send WL already?

Well April 30th is when admitted applicants holding multiple acceptances are required to withdraw all offers except one, so anything around or after this date makes sense! I'm also on a WL for another school and am anxiously awaiting the end of this month to see what happens. Best of luck to all :giggle: <3
That's not what listed on their website:

Plan to enroll (PTE) through Choose Your Medical School (CYMS) in AMCAS*​

• Between February and April 15th, AMCAS will require you to narrow down your PTE options to only three schools with which you hold acceptances (there is no limit to the number of waitlists you can hold).
  • UICOM’s own PTE deadline is April 30th of the year you plan to matriculate, which will reserve a seat for you here.
  • Selecting PTE at UICOM by April 30th indicates that you have selected us as one of only three medical schools that you are considering attending. There is no limit to the number of waitlists you can be on.

Commit to enroll (CTE) through Choose Your Medical School (CYMS) in AMCAS*

• Selecting “Commit to Enroll” indicates that you have made a commitment to join our program and are not holding any other offers or positions on any waitlists.
  • Commit to Enroll (CTE) becomes available on April 30th.
  • CTE deadline is July 1 of the year you plan to matriculate.

Oh, I wasn't looking at the UIC website, I was looking at the AAMC website. I think what I said is an add on to what you have said. You're talking about PTE by April 30th, I'm talking about PTE after April 30th.

From AAMC website:

Plan to Enroll – prior to April 30*

Plan to Enroll: I have preliminarily selected this medical school as the one I plan to attend in accordance with Protocol 9 of the Application and Acceptance Protocols for Applicants.

Medical schools can only see aggregate information until April 30th and will not know which applicants have selected "Plan to Enroll" at their school or at other schools.

Beginning April 30th, medical schools can see which of their accepted applicants have selected "Plan to Enroll" at their institution. I understand that I can continue to interview, hold my current acceptance offers and receive additional acceptance offers, and remain on any waitlist at any other medical schools to which I applied.

I acknowledge and understand the Choose Your Medical School option I have selected above, my responsibilities of direct communication with the medical schools, and the importance of following school-specific application policies and processes.
I understand that information about my selection will be made available as noted at the top of the page.

Plan to Enroll – beginning April 30*

Plan to Enroll: I have selected this medical school as the one I plan to attend in accordance with Protocol 9 of the Application and Acceptance Protocols for Applicants. By selecting "Plan to Enroll," I am communicating to all schools at which I hold an acceptance that I have a made a choice about the school at which I plan to enroll, and that I have withdrawn from my other acceptances, and hold only one acceptance. I understand that it is my responsibility to communicate with the other medical schools directly and to follow their school-specific processes to withdraw my application(s). I understand that I can continue to interview, remain on any waitlist, and receive additional acceptance offers. Beginning April 30th, medical schools can see which applicants have selected “Plan to Enroll” at their institution.

I acknowledge and understand the Choose Your Medical School option I have selected above, my responsibilities of direct communication with the medical schools, and the importance of following school-specific application policies and processes.
I understand that information about my selection will be made available as noted at the top of the page.