2022-2023 Southern Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They told us that too on my interview day. Guess i was just confused because I thought normally the second batch comes the first week of February (a few people from my school got accepted last year at that time) so I was expecting this year would be February also
I've heard that batches are bit earlier than they state -- i.e. I was notified in November when the batch "should" have come out in December. I think Feb may be the third batch? but just speculation.

Rooting for you!

Members don't see this ad.

We would still have a chance for third batch? I saw that April 30th is sort of the deadline for acceptances and movement after?
Yeah I think there is usually a good amount of movement!

Reactions: 1 user
I also got my A last Wednesday! I'd also like to be added to a GC if there is one! :)
Stay persistent!!! I know everyone is tired of hearing this, I was too. This was my third cycle, I didn't make it off AWPA in 2018 and 2021. But I finally did it!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I also got my A last Wednesday! I'd also like to be added to a GC if there is one! :)
Stay persistent!!! I know everyone is tired of hearing this, I was too. This was my third cycle, I didn't make it off AWPA in 2018 and 2021. But I finally did it!
So exciting! Congratulations!

• Love
I interviewed 10/27, and got AWPA in early December, so I thought they would be sending out a second round the first week of February too. Kind of hard to believe that only one person got an A on here if the second batch did go out last week
Interviewed in mid November, AWPA in mid December, A on 1/18. I got an email right away, and I imagine physical mail will be sent soon. I don't claim to fully understand their process, but this is my experience. Hope that helps.

I just got my AWPA letter today! Interviewed on 12/12 and the board met on 1/24 to discuss this batch of applicants. Anyone know when in February we can expect the As to go out?

For people that interviewed, did you send a thank you note to your interviewers? if you did, where did you send it to because I couldn't find their emails anywhere.

Have admitted people heard anything after submitting financial documents? I think we have to wait till march but just checking-in

I interviewed Mid October, AWPA in early December, and A on 2/2/23! I'd also like to be added to the group chat if one has been made. This thread has been very helpful. Thank you all!

• Love
I just got my AWPA letter today! Interviewed on 12/12 and the board met on 1/24 to discuss this batch of applicants. Anyone know when in February we can expect the As to go out?
The final batch should go out after their final meeting on March 7th, then it will be one-by-one. Admissions said if you're on the border as far as rank goes, you could receive an acceptance offer in-between batches due to people dropping.

Have admitted people heard anything after submitting financial documents? I think we have to wait till march but just checking-in
I received an email a few weeks ago with FAFSA information and attachments. That's all I have received though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone found leases so far? It looks like some units are already starting to be completely leased at certain places

Has anyone found leases so far? It looks like some units are already starting to be completely leased at certain places
I recently applied to The Reserve...hoping this isn't one of them that is already full because I haven't heard back

interviewed mid -september AWPA early October 02/14 A MD/MPH program

interviewed mid -september AWPA early October 02/14 A MD/MPH program
+1 Also received A for MD/MPH program. If anyone else was accepted to the program, DM me and we could start a group chat!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anybody created an accepted students group chat?

I can make one if people are willing to download WhatsApp. I personally like it more than GroupMe. Just download the app, scan my QR code to add me as a contact, and message me to add you to the group.

Attachments

• EA438DA7-43AD-4939-91E9-2A584E4672B9.png
    EA438DA7-43AD-4939-91E9-2A584E4672B9.png
    147.5 KB · Views: 77
Has anyone heard anything about the batch of acceptances that were supposed to go out in February?

Has anyone heard anything about the batch of acceptances that were supposed to go out in February?
I thought the last batch was just March. I don’t think there was supposed to be any in February

I thought the last batch was just March. I don’t think there was supposed to be any in February
My AWPA letter said the batches would go out in December, February, and March. Hasn’t there only been one batch released so far?

My AWPA letter said the batches would go out in December, February, and March. Hasn’t there only been one batch released so far?
Honestly not sure about the timelines, but sometimes the batches seem to get released earlier, i.e. some for December went out in November, I think some also went out in January (that could have been sent out in feb instead) per this thread, but not absolutely sure except for the November As. The admissions office seems pretty nice, and they could probably tell you when the next one will go out

Honestly not sure about the timelines, but sometimes the batches seem to get released earlier, i.e. some for December went out in November, I think some also went out in January (that could have been sent out in feb instead) per this thread, but not absolutely sure except for the November As. The admissions office seems pretty nice, and they could probably tell you when the next one will go out
Thanks for the info!

Did anyone get an official A today? I thought the last batch went out today and was surprised no one announced they were taken off the AWPS list.

Did anyone get an official A today? I thought the last batch went out today and was surprised no one announced they were taken off the AWPS list.
how do you know that 3/7/23 was the official A day for March batch? Could be later...appreciate your perspective

My guess is that it should be coming out today. I called in January after the second batch and they told me that they’re meeting march 7 (yesterday) for the third batch.

My guess is that it should be coming out today. I called in January after the second batch and they told me that they’re meeting march 7 (yesterday) for the third batch.
Thank you, do they personally call with acceptances historically if you know?

Hii so any chance u remember what time u got the A

Ooh good luck to everyone!!

I had my interview in Feb. They said they will review applications on March 7th and we should hear back by then, if not latest is Friday/Monday.

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully we all hear from them today 🙏

I got the A today!! I can't believe it! Interview in mid-October.

I just got AWPA today interviewed in late January and friend of mine never got a letter but got an email saying they got the A today and they interviewed February 6th. So I think they sent the batch out today.

Last edited:
Oh dang I got placed on AWPA in Dec and haven't heard anything after. Anyone know the chances of getting the A after the third batch is released?

I just got AWPA today interviewed in late January and friend of mine never got a letter but got an email saying they got the A today and they interviewed February 6th. So I think they sent the batch out today.
Nice! Do you think they will send some out over the weekend or all today for 3rd batch? If all today, then how often do they send acceptances 1 by 1?

Oh dang I got placed on AWPA in Dec and haven't heard anything after. Anyone know the chances of getting the A after the third batch is released?
Do they send emails between today and tomorrow for 3rd batch or all in one day for those with AWPA status?

During my interview, I was told that the biggest moment happens after April 15th. Also, on their website, it says students are likely to receive acceptances in April and May. And that it is very uncommon to receive an acceptance in June. So, let's keep our heads up until the end of May

During my interview, I was told that the biggest moment happens after April 15th. Also, on their website, it says students are likely to receive acceptances in April and May. And that it is very uncommon to receive an acceptance in June. So, let's keep our heads up until the end of May
When I emailed this week, I was told that they "will see most movement and offer most acceptances around April 30th, however we will offer acceptances as needed up until the class matriculates in August". I'm rooting for you all!!

Nice! Do you think they will send some out over the weekend or all today for 3rd batch? If all today, then how often do they send acceptances 1 by 1?
I think they sent the entire batch out. So now you have to just hope you are near the top of the list and that people who have been accepted decide to go elsewhere