You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Probably pretty decent to be honest - if you haven't already, consider sending update letters before the april 30th deadline describing your interests in the school and how what you've done post being waitlisted aligns with those values. If you do have 1 top school you could also send a letter of intent there, but only send to 1. Ultimately for peace of mind, I was start applying to the post-bacc, which is what I started to do when I was waitlisted to multiple schools too.I’m waitlisted at 4 universities and accepted to none… what do my chances look like? Is it time to just apply to post bacc and another cycle?
Astrid Stanley
Full Member
Thank you so much. I sent letters of interest and intent last month so would they appreciate any more updates? Or would it just bug them? I also acquired a few certifications since my last letters but mentioned that I was in the courses so idk if that is something I should upload?Probably pretty decent to be honest - if you haven't already, consider sending update letters before the april 30th deadline describing your interests in the school and how what you've done post being waitlisted aligns with those values. If you do have 1 top school you could also send a letter of intent there, but only send to 1. Ultimately for peace of mind, I was start applying to the post-bacc, which is what I started to do when I was waitlisted to multiple schools too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From my understanding (and it could be wrong), most schools rarely look at those letters of updates/intent until the april 30th deadline this deep into the cycle. Once the commit to enroll hits and they have an understanding of how many seats to fill - they will start going through each person on the WL to determine whether or not to offer admission and this is when they would acknowledge your letters of intent/updates. So I would say hold off especially if you already mentioned the certifications, and unless something extraordinary occurs in the next two weeks that you must send another update - do not send.Thank you so much. I sent letters of interest and intent last month so would they appreciate any more updates? Or would it just bug them? I also acquired a few certifications since my last letters but mentioned that I was in the courses so idk if that is something I should upload?
drgraysno1fan
Full Member
WL, interviewed in Nov [emoji17]
No specific data on how many are specifically taken off the waitlist as that varies each year, but the post-interview acceptance rate was 85% last year (which includes those taken off DD and the waitlist)Does anyone know the odds of getting off the alternate list?
chocolatefrosty1
Full Member
Since the committee is meeting tomorrow, do we think they'll start pulling people from the waitlist? My understanding is that interviews ended in february so i assumed that they would start to go back through WL'ed people
https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7056/download - this has info for waitlist numbers for all schools but Illinois has no info LOL how useful
Has anyone been accepted without taking the entire altus suite? Currently waitlisted but I only took the Casper exam. I'm wondering if that is the reason.
The rest of the Altus suite are very quick and shouldn’t take more than an hour to complete 🙂 it might help to have themHas anyone been accepted without taking the entire altus suite? Currently waitlisted but I only took the Casper exam. I'm wondering if that is the reason.
EndureVascular
Full Member
The rest of the Altus suite are very quick and shouldn’t take more than an hour to complete 🙂 it might help to have them
I'd imagine it is way too late to send them more materials like Casper/Duet/Altus/Preview etcHas anyone been accepted without taking the entire altus suite? Currently waitlisted but I only took the Casper exam. I'm wondering if that is the reason.
If you got an interview they obviously felt that you satisfied the personality test portion of the application.
anyone still waiting on financial aid? I got activated my net id and have access to the portal, but do not see any financial aid info
TryingMyBest84
Full Member
really? They never rejected me lol.Unfortunately yes
D
deleted1150307
Same here I never received an official rejectionreally? They never rejected me lol.
Cookiemonster22
Full Member
Also curiousSince the committee is meeting tomorrow, do we think they'll start pulling people from the waitlist? My understanding is that interviews ended in february so i assumed that they would start to go back through WL'ed people
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just speculation, but based on previous threads, they hit their quota on acceptance offers they can give out soon after interviews end, so the spots that were freed up after the 4/15 deadline may possibly warrant some WL movement this weekend, but I still think the bulk will be May through a week before orientation as expectedAlso curious
la vida loca
Full Member
Very difficult but doable! My friend got in a few weeks before school started at another medical school and she found a place pretty quickly. If you are still on a WL, I would look into leasing options in the chance you get a last minute acceptance.I have always wanted to ask... for those who get in a week before orientation, how do they manage to find a place to live and transition their entire life within a week ????
futuredoctor42
Full Member
did anyone hear of any waitlist movement today?
drgraysno1fan
Full Member
has anyone on the WL heard back?
Has anyone emailed admissions about switching campuses? I understand they’re final, wondering what they say via email?
Ghosted from UIC, assuming they’ll just send a mass R email in May? Was my top choice since in state
Astrid Stanley
Full Member
I put my ranking for campuses but currently waitlisted OS and honestly would accept regardless of assigned campus since each has a different personal perk for me. Is there any way for me to tell them this so I don’t get skipped for an acceptance slot if it’s for a different campus?
Cookiemonster22
Full Member
How are you ranking your campuses if you are on the waitlist? I am too, but do not see where?I put my ranking for campuses but currently waitlisted OS and honestly would accept regardless of assigned campus since each has a different personal perk for me. Is there any way for me to tell them this so I don’t get skipped for an acceptance slot if it’s for a different campus?
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
You can't rank campuses until you're accepted I'm also on WL.How are you ranking your campuses if you are on the waitlist? I am too, but do not see where?
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
did everyone who was DD get on the waitlist?
Cookiemonster22
Full Member
anyone know if WL acceptances have occurred?
purpleplayer
Full Member
+3Same here I never received an official rejection
yalreadyknowbb
Full Member
Withdrew my A, hoping it goes to one of you on the waitlist!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MiserablePraline
New Member
Accepted off the waitlist! Interviewed 12/1, placed at Chicago campus!!
Accepted at Chicago campus! Interviewed in February.
futuredoctor42
Full Member
Congratulations!! did you receive an email or a call?Accepted at Chicago campus! Interviewed in February.
EndureVascular
Full Member
Accepted at the Chicago campus as well, likely turning it down unless given a scholarship
Does anyone have any info about how often those are given out or how UIC approaches them?
Does anyone have any info about how often those are given out or how UIC approaches them?
Congratulations!! did you receive an email or a call?
jellybean987
New Member
Also accepted at the Chicago campus yesterday! Does anyone know if UIC offers in-person tours?
cranjismcbasketball
Full Member
They do! During second look they sent out a google form for us to sign up for specific dates. Those have all passed but if you email the admissions office I'm sure they will accommodate youAlso accepted at the Chicago campus yesterday! Does anyone know if UIC offers in-person tours?
I sent you a message with some questions!Depends on the week. Core case and TBL are typically mornings, HIS, HCS, PHA, anatomy lab, and DoCS are typically afternoons. You can take a look at the Chicago M1 schedule HERE. Other campuses vary due to smaller classes making DoCS and anatomy lab operate differently and they do not have any PHAs (physician house advising). Courses marked with an M are mandatory, otherwise, they are optional. Everything is recorded except PHA. Some mandatory courses are online, most are in person.
Last edited:
MiserablePraline
New Member
Can someone re-post the discord link?
EndureVascular
Full Member
Also does anyone know how out of state tuition works?
Basic google search tells me that after 12 consecutive months you’re consider a resident and should qualify for in-state tuition, but I’m not sure if that’s applied to UIC
Basic google search tells me that after 12 consecutive months you’re consider a resident and should qualify for in-state tuition, but I’m not sure if that’s applied to UIC
Doesn’t apply to UIC. You’d need 12 months of physical residence in Illinois while not enrolled in school…Also does anyone know how out of state tuition works?
Basic google search tells me that after 12 consecutive months you’re consider a resident and should qualify for in-state tuition, but I’m not sure if that’s applied to UIC
Also does anyone know how out of state tuition works?
Basic google search tells me that after 12 consecutive months you’re consider a resident and should qualify for in-state tuition, but I’m not sure if that’s applied to UIC
If you are moving to Illinois 12 months prior to the first day of classes for a reason other than to attend school (for a new job, parents move), you can apply for in state tuition. If you move to Illinois to attend school, you will be considered OOS for your entire tenure at any UofI school.
Residency Status Requirements
University of Illinois Residency Status Requirements
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
is there an accepted students groupme or facebook page?
Did anyone never get an official pre-II R from this school? 🙁 I would've at least liked to know they read my app.
tcxsao
Full Member
I didn't get a pre-II R -- definitely would've been nice to have some type of confirmationDid anyone never get an official pre-II R from this school? 🙁 I would've at least liked to know they read my app.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredoctor42
Full Member
does anyone know if there has been more waitlist movement since last Thursday?
SkyGuy007
Full Member
I certainly do not have all of the information but I do believe that all OOS tuition has a similar rule, you must live for 12 months in the state for reasons other than furthering education to become a resident. So if you are there for school you are not working towards your 12 months and will have to pay OOS tuition for all 4 years.Also does anyone know how out of state tuition works?
Basic google search tells me that after 12 consecutive months you’re consider a resident and should qualify for in-state tuition, but I’m not sure if that’s applied to UIC
Can someone re-post the discord link?
Discord - Group Chat That’s All Fun & Games
Discord is great for playing games and chilling with friends, or even building a worldwide community. Customize your own space to talk, play, and hang out.
Can confirm through experience with what the FA office told me. Can also confirm it sucks paying so much lmaoI certainly do not have all of the information but I do believe that all OOS tuition has a similar rule, you must live for 12 months in the state for reasons other than furthering education to become a resident. So if you are there for school you are not working towards your 12 months and will have to pay OOS tuition for all 4 years.
Gonna get that degree though, so we out here
futuremed.1
New Member
I just got off the waitlist last Thursday and my campus placement on the portal said TBD. However, I called admissions and they said everyone that was taken off the waitlist last week was placed in the Chicago campus. Did anyone else have something similar?