You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 TCU
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just got the update email. CCx3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the update email. CCx3
Update email??
D
deleted1106377
Continued Consideration. They already interviewed, it's only for applicants that have interviewed (letting them know their not rejected or accepted, but still under consideration).Update email??
Continued Consideration. They already interviewed, it's only for applicants that have interviewed (letting them know their not rejected or accepted, but still under consideration).
Oh sweet thanks! Haven’t been interviewed yet, so thanks for the knowledge [emoji851][emoji1374]
D
deleted1106377
No worries!Oh sweet thanks! Haven’t been interviewed yet, so thanks for the knowledge [emoji851][emoji1374]
Same here! CC X3Just got the update email. CCx3
Complete early August and haven't heard anything from this school... devastated 🙁
Absolute same. So heart broken [emoji17] really thought I was the perfect fit ugh
Head up, chin up! I def share the same sentiments as you all!
But I will also share some encouragement and say that we are still being considered since we have not been released. THERE is HOPE!
I was feeling super down last week because of an email I received but I ain’t letting that discourage a PASSION that I’ve had for YEARS. NOPE.
We will get where we need to be by Gods grace, sooner or later.
Amen.
But I will also share some encouragement and say that we are still being considered since we have not been released. THERE is HOPE!
I was feeling super down last week because of an email I received but I ain’t letting that discourage a PASSION that I’ve had for YEARS. NOPE.
We will get where we need to be by Gods grace, sooner or later.
Amen.
Head up, chin up! I def share the same sentiments as you all!
But I will also share some encouragement and say that we are still being considered since we have not been released. THERE is HOPE!
I was feeling super down last week because of an email I received but I ain’t letting that discourage a PASSION that I’ve had for YEARS. NOPE.
We will get where we need to be by Gods grace, sooner or later.
Amen.
YOUUUUU my friend, are the energy we all needed today. Thank you for the kind words! I think we all get so worked up and stressed due to the years of dedication towards this path, so the encouragement was much appreciated on my side! [emoji847]
I know we will all make it there eventually! Just gotta keep pushing y’all! [emoji1374]
Complete end of August and still nothing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thehottestnerd
Full Member
Does anybody understand what we exactly do on December 6th for the interview?
when were you complete?I got an interview invite today. Does anyone know how long the post-II decision takes? Thanks
Minimum 2 weeks. Or if you are on continual consideration, you will continue to receive an email every 2 weeks with update to your app status.I got an interview invite today. Does anyone know how long the post-II decision takes? Thanks
7/28!when were you complete?
Thank you!Minimum 2 weeks. Or if you are on continual consideration, you will continue to receive an email every 2 weeks with update to your app status.
I had completely forgotten that I needed to fulfill my physiology prereq here. I was planning on doing it in the Spring at a CC if I was accepted, but it looks like the decision won't be made until after the semester starts. Can I take that class during the summer? Or would that be too late...
From the website FAQ:I had completely forgotten that I needed to fulfill my physiology prereq here. I was planning on doing it in the Spring at a CC if I was accepted, but it looks like the decision won't be made until after the semester starts. Can I take that class during the summer? Or would that be too late...
"Applicants can apply prior to having all courses completed; however, any outstanding courses must be completed and graded prior to the start of medical school. The final official transcript with graded coursework must be received no later than June 1 prior the start of medical school in July."
From their page...I had completely forgotten that I needed to fulfill my physiology prereq here. I was planning on doing it in the Spring at a CC if I was accepted, but it looks like the decision won't be made until after the semester starts. Can I take that class during the summer? Or would that be too late...
Applicants can apply prior to having all courses completed; however, any outstanding courses must be completed and graded prior to the start of medical school. The final official transcript with graded coursework must be received no later than June 1 prior to the start of medical school in July.
So can you squeeze it in spring term?
From the website FAQ:
"Applicants can apply prior to having all courses completed; however, any outstanding courses must be completed and graded prior to the start of medical school. The final official transcript with graded coursework must be received no later than June 1 prior the start of medical school in July."
Ahh That's unfortunate. I think I will cancel my interview here then as I'm lucky enough to have another acceptance. Thank you for the help!From their page...
Applicants can apply prior to having all courses completed; however, any outstanding courses must be completed and graded prior to the start of medical school. The final official transcript with graded coursework must be received no later than June 1 prior to the start of medical school in July.
So can you squeeze it in spring term?
asksa
Full Member
Do you mind sharing your stats?Ahh That's unfortunate. I think I will cancel my interview here then as I'm lucky enough to have another acceptance. Thank you for the help!
Current students or those in the know, How generous is this school with financial aid?
Generous. Every single student gets a School of Medicine grant worth roughly 15% of overall tuition for all 4 years and additional scholarships are also added individually.Current students or those in the know, How generous is this school with financial aid?
I thought last Friday/Monday was one of the decision release days, but I never heard anything. Are we meant to hear today/Monday? Did I just get off on my dates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wannabeMD2023
Full Member
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe the dates were shifted because of Thanksgiving?I thought last Friday/Monday was one of the decision release days, but I never heard anything. Are we meant to hear today/Monday? Did I just get off on my dates?
thehottestnerd
Full Member
I just interviewed this week and I was told we would receive an email on 12/16.
Just got the email about Second Look and First Look. Is First Look virtual? It didn't say.
ScribeBing
2°: 26 | II: 3 | A: 2
Is this pre/post interview?Just got the email about Second Look and First Look. Is First Look virtual? It didn't say.
post acceptanceIs this pre/post interview?
boomertexas
Full Member
II just now! Very surprised because I thought I bombed the secondary
Congrats! I'll ask the obligatory when complete?II just now! Very surprised because I thought I bombed the secondary
ScribeBing
2°: 26 | II: 3 | A: 2
Congrats! I don't think I did so well on the secondary as well... fingers crossed I get an II! Undergrad friend is an MS2 and has nothing but great things to say about the schoolII just now! Very surprised because I thought I bombed the secondary
F1andHopeful
Full Member
II just now. International. Complete early september
Rejected. No II.
boomertexas
Full Member
Congrats! I'll ask the obligatory when complete?
Mid august
la vida loca
Full Member
When were you complete?Rejected. No II.
When were you complete?
First week of August
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R just now. Complete Aug 25th. Congrats everyone else! 🙂
ScribeBing
2°: 26 | II: 3 | A: 2
+1Whoa. Sorry for the rejections everyone.
Lord have mercy. Let me brace myself then and grab a box of tissues.
rejected pre ii? could u share complete date and stats? i haven't heard back and i feel like i will be getting a rejection soon too.Rejected. No II.
pinecone33
Full Member
lol just waiting for my R at this point too