2022-2023 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ahhh I'm so nervous I really want an ii from this school :'))) I think the waiting from these NY schools is starting to get to me LMAO
Bro, I thought you have acceptance from ACOM. Think of us poor souls who have nothing....šŸ˜ŖšŸ˜Ŗ

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Bro, I thought you have acceptance from ACOM. Think of us poor souls who have nothing....šŸ˜ŖšŸ˜Ŗ
I am very grateful donā€™t get me wrong! Itā€™s just Iā€™m from NY so Iā€™d love to stay near family especially for my mom who I take care of

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Does anybody know if its too early to ask the admissions office about why my application is still under review if its been almost 5 weeks since submission?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get II for Great Falls, Montana campus? I don't see a separate post for the campus.

Got a hold email because my second science faculty LOR isnā€™t being counted as science faculty when will my Ls end

:( did they tell you why doesnā€™t it count???
The professor teaches a "science education" class (we learn about creating science curriculums) so although the class counts towards my BCPM on my transcript and is considered a lab class at my university, TUCOM does not consider the class a science class. I got put on "hold" at TUCOM-CA for the same reason :/. Its a bit frustrating that they accept the class as part of my BCPM but don't count a faculty letter from the professor as a science letter. I already tried appealing to both schools but they told me I need to find a different professor.

The professor teaches a "science education" class (we learn about creating science curriculums) so although the class counts towards my BCPM on my transcript and is considered a lab class at my university, TUCOM does not consider the class a science class. I got put on "hold" at TUCOM-CA for the same reason :/. Its a bit frustrating that they accept the class as part of my BCPM but don't count a faculty letter from the professor as a science letter. I already tried appealing to both schools but they told me I need to find a different professor.
Im also confused about this because my status is "Under Review (A)" so in theory my application was marked "complete" so I assumed that the "complete" status indicated that all the supplemental application requirements were met. It felt weird to find out that they didn't accept my LOR after I was marked as complete. Felt like this is something I should have been told beforehand (TUCOM CA let me know about this issue before I paid the secondary fee) but oh well :( time to email every single science professor I've ever had to see if someone will do a last minute LOR for me :dead:

Im also confused about this because my status is "Under Review (A)" so in theory my application was marked "complete" so I assumed that the "complete" status indicated that all the supplemental application requirements were met. It felt weird to find out that they didn't accept my LOR after I was marked as complete. Felt like this is something I should have been told beforehand (TUCOM CA let me know about this issue before I paid the secondary fee) but oh well :( time to email every single science professor I've ever had to see if someone will do a last minute LOR for me :dead:

Iā€™m sorry you have to deal with this now. They definitely shouldā€™ve let you know sooner before submitting the secondary fee. I wish you luck in finding a replacement letter!

• Care
Does anyone know how soon after interview will results come? Has anyone received an A yet?

In the presentation they were upfront and said it would take 4-6 weeks but... anyone hear back yet?

Does anyone know how soon after interview will results come? Has anyone received an A yet?

In the presentation they were upfront and said it would take 4-6 weeks but... anyone hear back yet?
the neurotic premed in me checked past cycle threads and there literally seems to be no pattern with touro lol

last year 1st A was 6 wks, 2020 was 2.5 wks and the 2019 was 4 wks šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Members don't see this ad :)
the neurotic premed in me checked past cycle threads and there literally seems to be no pattern with touro lol

last year 1st A was 6 wks, 2020 was 2.5 wks and the 2019 was 4 wks šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
I appreciate this very much!!!

Got a hold email because my second science faculty LOR isnā€™t being counted as science faculty when will my Ls end
Update for people who may be curious: I was able to find another science professor to write me a LOR ! Things are working out :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Update for people who may be curious: I was able to find another science professor to write me a LOR ! Things are working out :)

Same thing happened to me too miracle fr that I was able to find someone to write it for me so short notice I didnā€™t see in their requirements prior to applying that there had to be a science letter from your major?? I think thatā€™s such a weird req I havenā€™t seen it for any of the other schools I applied to

Same thing happened to me too miracle fr that I was able to find someone to write it for me so short notice I didnā€™t see in their requirements prior to applying that there had to be a science letter from your major?? I think thatā€™s such a weird req I havenā€™t seen it for any of the other schools I applied to
Exactly !! I just found it so strange that they are so particular about where science LORs can come from yet their website hardly goes into depth about that they want (they just generally talk about needing a science faculty letter). Definitely felt a little blindsided by that but beggars can't be choosers so ill be quiet now :censored:

Exactly !! I just found it so strange that they are so particular about where science LORs can come from yet their website hardly goes into depth about that they want (they just generally talk about needing a science faculty letter). Definitely felt a little blindsided by that but beggars can't be choosers so ill be quiet now :censored:

Yeah I definitely think they should be clearer about that beforehand itā€™s unfair to delay peopleā€™s applications due to a miscommunication on their end

• Sad
Yeah I definitely think they should be clearer about that beforehand itā€™s unfair to delay peopleā€™s applications due to a miscommunication on their end
Wait what do you mean science letter from a major? If someone is sociology major but has two science letters anyway that's fine right?

not me submitting my app to this school one month ago and now finally getting a complete email :') whatever at least now I know I'm officially complete even though my portal's been saying that

not me submitting my app to this school one month ago and now finally getting a complete email :') whatever at least now I know I'm officially complete even though my portal's been saying that
I received a complete email directly before an interview invite, so who knows how they are doing things!

• Care
GOT THE A!!! alhamdulillah šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ my first acceptance and my first choice SO EXCITED!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Hey guys, just wanted to give a heads up to those that have not been marked complete yet. I had to wait the 6 weeks that they said it might take to be marked complete and then I informed them I still was not complete. They sent me a complete e-mail a few hours after i got in contact with them so it seems like they are not on top of all the secondaries that are sent in because I had to inform them of this.

Post-II R. Interviewed 10/3. good luck to the rest of y'all!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate for Touro, specifically Middletown?