2022-2023 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Yea, looks like they sent out an email saying that there will be no secondary invites until late August.

"This is just a quick reminder that TouroCOM-NY will not begin sending out secondary application invitations until late-August."

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Taking my Casper soon - anyone have any experience with Duet? This school is my top-choice, so I'd love to tailor my duet answers to this school, but looking for advice on how to do that.

Also, does it help to submit my primary before I have my Casper score back or will they not send me a secondary until they have Casper too?

reassuring to see that no one else has gotten a secondary yet

Reactions: 5 users
Does this Touro location require at least a 502 to even be considered?
I'm not sure, but to my knowledge in order for you to receive a secondary from the school (they haven't been sent out yet) you must have at least a 3.0 gpa and a 498 mcat (they seem to prescreen apps)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email that said they won't be sending secondaries till next week because of technical difficulties.

Reactions: 3 users
I just got an email that said they won't be sending secondaries till next week because of technical difficulties.
Screenshot of the email incase anyone didn't receive it. Subject of the email is "TouroCOM Secondary Application Invitation Delay"

Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 9.31.41 AM.png

Reactions: 1 users
Jk. Secondary received. Prompt below:

Instructions:

This Personal Statement is different than the essay that had been submitted with your AACOMAS application. Although there is no specified length to this essay, please limit the length of this Personal Statement to the space available on this page.

Please discuss how your background, experience or academic program has prepared you for meeting Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Mission, Goals, or Objectives. Consider addressing a few of the following areas:
a) Why Osteopathic Medicine?
b) Have you been exposed to a diverse environment and how did you contribute?
c) How have your academic background and personal experiences prepared you for medical school?
d) How were you influenced by a shadowing experience?

Reactions: 2 users
@latransplant God damn, you might be the most successful applicant. Who has ever had 8 interviews by the 1st week of september?o_O
I'm blown away and entirely overwhelmed by the opportunity. I honestly get close to tears when I think about how sad I was about not having any opportunities my last 2 cycles. It certainly wasn't easy but I think my story is a testament to how if you want something bad enough, you'll figure out how to do it. I'm rooting for you and everyone else on these threads!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Also heads up to anyone pre-writing, the document they provide you to write this on is not very forgiving for space or formatting. I'd say aim for less than 300 words/2000 characters. I've had to chop what I had originally planned up to fit in their suggested space.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Also heads up to anyone pre-writing, the document they provide you to write this on is not very forgiving for space or formatting. I'd say aim for less than 300 words/2000 characters. I've had to chop what I had originally planned up to fit in their suggested space.
Thanks so much for letting us know!

Thanks so much for letting us know!
haha of course! I had close to 500 words originally and spent like 10 minutes fighting the doc to see if I could make it work, but they locked customization (font, size, paragraphing. Doesn't even let you tab so I had to double paragraph to make it not look like a wall LMAO).

Reactions: 1 users
For the pre requisite coursework report, are we supposed to submit it blank if we have everything on AACOMAS? That feels wrong to do but it seems like I should by the directions.

Didn't do it yet and got a secondary an hour ago
Lmaoo incoming panic 🥲 I hope I get a secondary from them soon :’) got one from touro Cali so as a New Yorker I’m hoping I get one from Harlem

Reactions: 1 user
Lmaoo incoming panic 🥲 I hope I get a secondary from them soon :’) got one from touro Cali so as a New Yorker I’m hoping I get one from Harlem
Also sitting here with an empty inbox after receiving a secondary from TUCOM CA o_O. OOS for both schools though

I got it but can't access the actual secondary. I'm so confused. The only options when you select the college of osteopathic medicine are unrelated programs

edit: nvm somehow it just worked

dang no secondary yet :( I have already taken the Casper and duet so I wonder if thats affecting it

can you change the font?

Should I panic that I haven’t gotten a secondary yet 😭 idk if I should email. Ik it took me forever to get one from touro Cali but after I emailed them I got one right away. But also touro Harlem JUST started sending

Have you all prewritten this secondary? Is it worth waiting for it to be released?

Should I panic that I haven’t gotten a secondary yet 😭 idk if I should email. Ik it took me forever to get one from touro Cali but after I emailed them I got one right away. But also touro Harlem JUST started sending
Haven’t gotten one yet either but I meet their cutoffs

Primary submitted 7/15, secondary received 9/2, submitted 9/4, now appears as "under review" in the portal. I think my status yesterday was "submitted." Did not receive any emails since submitting.

Primary submitted 7/15, secondary received 9/2, submitted 9/4, now appears as "under review" in the portal. I think my status yesterday was "submitted." Did not receive any emails since submitting.
Was the secondary questions the same as last year?

Do they send secondaries to everyone with anything above 3.0 and 498? If not I don't want to pre-write hopelessly!

are you guys answering all 4 suggested prompts or just picking a few? I wrote for 3/4 but now given the low character limit i'm wondering if I should answer 3 of them briefly or 2 of them more in depth