2022-2023 University of South Florida (Morsani)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what’s going on for the February interviewees? I have a friend that interviewed in February and she doesn’t know when she’s supposed to hear back since they had spring break

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what’s going on for the February interviewees? I have a friend that interviewed in February and she doesn’t know when she’s supposed to hear back since they had spring break
I’m in the same boat, interviewed 2/6. My guess is they may reply next week. I know some people who interviewed in early February who have already gotten waitlist letters. Just hoping we don’t have to wait till April 15th lol

I’m in the same boat, interviewed 2/6. My guess is they may reply next week. I know some people who interviewed in early February who have already gotten waitlist letters. Just hoping we don’t have to wait till April 15th lol

Oh wow so it just depends. That makes sense. I interviewed 3/2 so I expected that she was going to hear next week and I’d hear back April 15th. I didn’t know people were getting waitlisted before the 6-8 weeks. Hopefully everyone hears back soon

Oh wow so it just depends. That makes sense. I interviewed 3/2 so I expected that she was going to hear next week and I’d hear back April 15th. I didn’t know people were getting waitlisted before the 6-8 weeks. Hopefully everyone hears back soon
Yea, hopefully! All we can do is wait and manifest acceptances 🤞🏼

Reactions: 1 users
Yup I’m hoping for an acceptance the first week of April
Welp pretty sure there’s a waitlist letter for me in the mail today LOL I saw it on USPS informed delivery 🥲 Now to send letter of intent and wait for May 🙏🏻

Yes, and I’m in-state!

Same! It makes me so nervous cause I feel like my interview went well and this is my only one so I’m just nervous. Im hoping just because I haven’t heard back yet it doesn’t mean I’m waitlisted

Same! It makes me so nervous cause I feel like my interview went well and this is my only one so I’m just nervous. Im hoping just because I haven’t heard back yet it doesn’t mean I’m waitlisted
You got it! Just stay positive, and worst case hopefully you can get off the waitlist :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does any current med student want to give insight what there day to day looks like as a med student (when their classes start, how they study throughout the day, how the implement free time during the week and weekend). I want to be able to work out as often as I do now (5 days a week) if I’m able to go into medical school

Reactions: 2 users
IS Core Waitlist Today. Interviewed late February. LM 77. The letter was dated March 15.

Sorry I’m a little confused. What is an informed delivery letter? How are you guys seeing that
It's something you can sign up for with USPS that allows you to be notified about what has been mailed to your address before it gets there. It tells you whether something is a package or an envelope and who it is from.

You can see the postage date on the top right of the letter. I think that’s the day they would’ve called you.
So I'm guessing that means all the A calls would've been last week on the 15th since someone had a WL letter dated then

Reactions: 1 user
The offices were open and they decided on waitlists so I think they would’ve called those that were accepted but obviously there’s no way to 100% know until you get the letter.

Yeah that makes sense. I wonder if that means if anymore people wooo get calls sent the waitlist letters have been sent out

The offices were open and they decided on waitlists so I think they would’ve called those that were accepted but obviously there’s no way to 100% know until you get the letter.
I’ve heard they do pretty minimal acceptances after February. So I’m guessing most will be WL from here on out. But I’ve also heard a lot of people get in off the waitlist which is a plus!

I’ve heard they do pretty minimal acceptances after February. So I’m guessing most will be WL from here on out. But I’ve also heard a lot of people get in off the waitlist which is a plus!
Do you know if a lot of people get off the waitlist for SELECT?

Has anyone from prior years been accepted after February?

holy moly usf's median mcat bumped to 518?!

interview 2/20 WL letter yesterday dated for the 15th. not loosing hope tho!

I haven't gotten anything from USF directly yet (interviewed 2/22), but I saw that I was waitlisted a few days ago on the CYMS tool. Maybe check there if you're expecting something but haven't gotten anything?

I saw that I was waitlisted a few days ago on the CYMS tool. Maybe check there if you're expecting something but haven't gotten anything?
It does look like USF finally updated CYMS as of March 21st (for me at least) for those of you who have been wondering when they would get around to it.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay gotcha. So technically we will see our decision if you haven’t heard back once that took pops up on our page
Yes, I suppose that would be the case if you don't have any CYMS data from other schools already. Not sure how CYMS works if you only have waitlists tbh.

That makes sense. I got interviewed 3/2 (I figure it’s too early to expect a call or letter yet) for USF and it was my only interview so I’m not sure what to expect