2022-2023 University of South Florida (Morsani)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlist today. IS CORE Interviewed 1/17

Anyone know if USF will let us know what number on the waitlist we are if we call?

Their website states that they can’t release placements on the waitlist as their “waitlist is not ranked”

Members don't see this ad.

WL core In-state interviewed 01/25
Does anyone know since the waitlist is not “ranked” is it tiered or a lotto system?

Reactions: 1 user
If we are waitlisted, are we supposed to be able to see that on the AMCAS CYMS tool now? I was waitlisted awhile back but I don't see it online. Or is that only for acceptances at this point?

Members don't see this ad :)
If we are waitlisted, are we supposed to be able to see that on the AMCAS CYMS tool now? I was waitlisted awhile back but I don't see it online. Or is that only for acceptances at this point?
See
I emailed them and they said they just haven't uploaded their acceptances to AMCAS yet, but it should be happening sometime in the near future.

Has anybody heard back about finaid? I can't find any sort of timeline about when we get that information

So the second interviewer that was supposed to interview me isn’t available and cancelled my second one hour interviewer. I only now have one. Does this out me in a disadvantage? Is there anyone who has only had one interviewer for their interview for this school?

So the second interviewer that was supposed to interview me isn’t available and cancelled my second one hour interviewer. I only now have one. Does this out me in a disadvantage? Is there anyone who has only had one interviewer for their interview for this school?

My second interviewer also wasn’t available so I only had one with a faculty member. I think it went well and I would hope that it doesn’t bode as a disadvantage for us.

I have informed delivery and saw a letter from usf this morning. If I didn’t receive a call for an acceptance this is most likely a waitlist right?
Current M1 here - sadly yes. However, I and many of my classmates were accepted off of the waitlist, so don't let it get you down.

To everyone waitlisted - hang in there, some of you WILL get calls in May. Don't spend your time before med school stressing or waiting for a call. Just relax and enjoy your time off.

Wishing you all the best. If anyone has any questions about USF or about admissions/waitlists in general please feel free to reach out.

Reactions: 4 users
My second interviewer also wasn’t available so I only had one with a faculty member. I think it went well and I would hope that it doesn’t bode as a disadvantage for us.

When did you interview? Also was your interviewer nice?

Ah okay. Are you hoping to hear back in March? I’m not sure if because I’m interviewing in March if that holds me back

Ah okay. Are you hoping to hear back in March? I’m not sure if because I’m interviewing in March if that holds me back

I have already received my WL letter so now I am hopefully waiting for the movement in late April/early May. They are interviewing you for a reason. They wouldn’t waste time on an applicant they aren’t interested in so have the best interview you can and don’t get in your own head too much. You’re gonna do great!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed February 1st, and they sent an email saying that there would be MCOM presentations sent at a later date; however, I still haven't received any dates. Has anyone experienced this?

WL yesterday, interviewed 2/6, the letter I received was dated 2/15

Do they always tend to do acceptances on the 15th of each month? Interviewed CORE IS on 2/6, just anxiously waiting to hear back lol

Did you ever receive the MCOM presentation dates? I interviewed 2/1 and haven't received these dates, a call of acceptance, or WL in the mail.
Im in the same boat haven’t gotten anything… man this would all be so easy to fix if they just put our status on the portal lmao

Edit: WL :D

Last edited:
I interviewed for CORE on December 1 and have heard nothing since then. I emailed the admissions office about a week ago and asked if they had made a decision on my application and all they responded with was that I should make sure my mailing address was up to date. Since they didn't really answer my question, I followed up by sending a letter of intent a few days ago which they accepted.

Does anyone know what all of this means? I've been accepted elsewhere, but I really, really want to go here!

OOS, but strong ties to central Florida. GPA: 3.95 MCAT: 524.

I interviewed for CORE on December 1 and have heard nothing since then. I emailed the admissions office about a week ago and asked if they had made a decision on my application and all they responded with was that I should make sure my mailing address was up to date. Since they didn't really answer my question, I followed up by sending a letter of intent a few days ago which they accepted.

Does anyone know what all of this means? I've been accepted elsewhere, but I really, really want to go here!

This likely means that they mailed you a WL letter and since you haven't received it, they wanted you to check to make sure your mailing address was correct. Post interview USF will call and mail acceptances but will only mail WL and an incorrect address would explain why you haven't heard anything yet.

This likely means that they mailed you a WL letter and since you haven't received it, they wanted you to check to make sure your mailing address was correct. Post interview USF will call and mail acceptances but will only mail WL and an incorrect address would explain why you haven't heard anything yet.
Do they also mail rejections?

Everyone post-II gets a WL or acceptance. Post II rejections don't come till the end of the cycle from what I've found.
That is good to know, thanks! This may be further up the thread, but does anyone know how many acceptances they generally send out for how many spots they end up filling?

That is good to know, thanks! This may be further up the thread, but does anyone know how many acceptances they generally send out for how many spots they end up filling?
According to TheDataKing's Post II spreadsheet in 2021 USF interviewed 686 students, accepted 396, and had 212 enroll. Of those 233 were OOS II, 156 were OOS acceptances, and 93 were OOS enrolled. Of note this does not divide the class into SELECT and CORE so the %'s are likely different depending on the program.

According to TheDataKing's Post II spreadsheet in 2021 USF interviewed 686 students, accepted 396, and had 212 enroll. Of those 233 were OOS II, 156 were OOS acceptances, and 93 were OOS enrolled. Of note this does not divide the class into SELECT and CORE so the %'s are likely different depending on the program.
Does their class size vary significantly year to year? According to MSAR, their first year class is only 177, not 212.

Anybody who submitted in August still haven't hear back yet from USF? I submitted 8/15.

Does their class size vary significantly year to year? According to MSAR, their first year class is only 177, not 212.
I'm not sure, this is just the info I was able to find out. I do know that TheDataKing is a well-known source for doing his due diligence on things like this though and I would expect his work to be accurate. For 2020 his spreadsheet showed 182 enrolled so it seems like there is some variation.

It has been very concerning to me that I have not yet received any mail after my acceptance call on Feb 15th. I live in PT zone and understand there will be delays in the mail with a Holiday in between. I was wondering if there was any time sensitive information that I was supposed accept/acknowledge my acceptance. I am not sure if I have to wait for few more days or call the admission office at this time. Did this happen to any one of you? Has anyone not yet received mail like me after your acceptance?

When they say the select presentations are highly recommended to attend does that mean attendance will have any chance of affecting our final decision/ chance of getting accepted off the WL?

When they say the select presentations are highly recommended to attend does that mean attendance will have any chance of affecting our final decision/ chance of getting accepted off the WL?
I highly doubt they're going to look at attendance when deciding who to accept off the waitlist.

I doubt it, I didn't attend my MCOM presentation and still got the A back in December

That doesn't sound like a good sign tbh. They're probably gonna mail you something, which at this point is most likely a WL. We know you really want to go to USF but personally I'd turn to your other A at this point. Med schools don't care as much about ties to the state as applicants want them to be.

That doesn't sound like a good sign tbh. They're probably gonna mail you something, which at this point is most likely a WL. We know you really want to go to USF but personally I'd turn to your other A at this point. Med schools don't care as much about ties to the state as applicants want them to be.
Sounds to me like they are on the waitlist and just haven’t gotten the physical letter(maybe lost in the mail or something?) I think it’s a little rushed to tell them to give up, no?

Reactions: 1 users
It has been very concerning to me that I have not yet received any mail after my acceptance call on Feb 15th. I live in PT zone and understand there will be delays in the mail with a Holiday in between. I was wondering if there was any time sensitive information that I was supposed accept/acknowledge my acceptance. I am not sure if I have to wait for few more days or call the admission office at this time. Did this happen to any one of you? Has anyone not yet received mail like me after your acceptance?
From what I remember from my year, the letter was just saying you got in. There's no action you needed to take that was written in my letter (and no deposit to hold your spot, unless that's changed), but I would follow up with the admissions office.

From what I remember from my year, the letter was just saying you got in. There's no action you needed to take that was written in my letter (and no deposit to hold your spot, unless that's changed), but I would follow up with the admissions office.
Thank you for the response. I just got it today :) I guess it is all good now

Sounds to me like they are on the waitlist and just haven’t gotten the physical letter(maybe lost in the mail or something?) I think it’s a little rushed to tell them to give up, no?
I think I agree with this take. USF typically has a lot of WL movement and they wouldn't even have to decide on their other acceptance until April so no need to rush any decisions.

Can confirm that yes, the waitlist letter was lost in the mail but it finally got to me yesterday. Was dated January 11. Only two months late, lol.

Is there anything else we need to complete for finaid other than FAFSA, residency form, and the forms they sent in the mail after acceptance? I haven’t heard back anything for months

Is there anything else we need to complete for finaid other than FAFSA, residency form, and the forms they sent in the mail after acceptance? I haven’t heard back anything for months
I got a 2nd look email but nothing besides that!

CORE II earlier today. I'm surprised that they're still sending out IIs haha

Hey you guys just did my interview today. Anyone know the timeline about hearing back?