2023-2024 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this secondary apparently not save when you log out?

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else keep getting the card delcined error or having issues with the payment portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! First time using SDN lol. I am not applying to medical school until May 2025, but I have been doing some research.

The "Recommendation Letters" section of the school's website states that applicants that do not have a committee letter must acquire the following:

"at least two letters of recommendation from faculty members who have taught the applicant in the classroom setting. It is required that one of these letters be from a faculty member in the department of the applicant’s major, and the other from a science faculty member (2 science letters from 2 different faculty members in the same department are acceptable). Letters from teaching assistants will not satisfy this requirement, although TAs may co-sign letters with senior faculty."

One of my science letters of recommendation is going to be written by a graduate teaching assistant who ran a lab section while the professor taught the lecture portion of the class. This letter will be signed both by the professor and the GTA themselves. Therefore, I would like to understand if my situation obeys the last sentence of the quoted text.

Let me know! :)

When specifying the status for parent/guardians, is the "Unemployed; seeking employment" option only for if they are unemployed AND seeking employment? What if your parent is unemployed and not looking for employment, would that be "Other"

Thinking of applying but it says on msar that I need 8 credits of behavioral sciences? Is that correct?

Thinking of applying but it says on msar that I need 8 credits of behavioral sciences? Is that correct?

This is on MSAR but not their website... Have you found an answer?

It says on their website and on MSAR that they've moved to competency-based admissions. This means they have certain broad categories of knowledge they wish to see demonstrated through your app, and while they don't say 8 credits on their website, they do say this:

"While applicants are not expected to achieve expertise in all disciplines, it is important that they understand the factors that influence individual, community and societal decisions regarding health and health care. This awareness can be gained through courses in disciplines such as psychology, sociology, anthropology, public health, literature, economics, history, philosophy and ethics. Applicants should have a basic understanding of key issues in medical ethics."

You can read more about this here.

Reactions: 1 user
It says on their website and on MSAR that they've moved to competency-based admissions. This means they have certain broad categories of knowledge they wish to see demonstrated through your app, and while they don't say 8 credits on their website, they do say this:

"While applicants are not expected to achieve expertise in all disciplines, it is important that they understand the factors that influence individual, community and societal decisions regarding health and health care. This awareness can be gained through courses in disciplines such as psychology, sociology, anthropology, public health, literature, economics, history, philosophy and ethics. Applicants should have a basic understanding of key issues in medical ethics."

You can read more about this here.
Yeah but that still does not really answer on whether they specifically want 8 credits of BESS. Literature and Public Health courses are usually not counted as BESS credits.

Yeah but that still does not really answer on whether they specifically want 8 credits of BESS. Literature and Public Health courses are usually not counted as BESS credits.
Its ok I applied anyways haha hoping for the best!!

for the employment question did you guys write about your employment across all 4 yrs of college

Members don't see this ad :)
How many characters are you guys writing for each response that you put "yes" to? They give us 3000 characters but I feel like that's sooo much!

How many characters are you guys writing for each response that you put "yes" to? They give us 3000 characters but I feel like that's sooo much!
I just used as many characters as I needed to answer the question! I don't think they are expecting 3000 characters for every one. They also probably don't want to read fluff either :)

Reactions: 1 users
mine keeps saying error when i go to submit - how did you guys fix that?

One of my science letters of recommendation is going to be written by a graduate teaching assistant who ran a lab section while the professor taught the lecture portion of the class. This letter will be signed both by the professor and the GTA themselves. Therefore, I would like to understand if my situation obeys the last sentence of the quoted text.

Let me know! :)
What you described matches what they are asking for. Though, I would be careful about being set on letters 2 years in advance. You may find a better letter writer or this professor could retire.

Did you guys get an email confirmation when you submitted?
I just submitted around 2 hours ago and I got an email saying:

“Thank you for taking the first step towards the completion of your application to Albert Einstein College of Medicine. We have received your photo but we have not received your Supplemental Application (updates take 24 hours; if you submitted your application today, please disregard this email.)

When your Supplemental Application is received, we will proceed with the processing of your application.”

Does anyone know if they send you an email when your application is processed by them?

I just submitted around 2 hours ago and I got an email saying:

“Thank you for taking the first step towards the completion of your application to Albert Einstein College of Medicine. We have received your photo but we have not received your Supplemental Application (updates take 24 hours; if you submitted your application today, please disregard this email.)

When your Supplemental Application is received, we will proceed with the processing of your application.”
Hm I submitted around the same time and I got nothing

Did anyone who already submitted get a separate email with a payment confirmation?

How long did it take you guys after submitting to receive "APPLICATION IS COMPLETE"? I got an email today (after submitting two days ago) saying "SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION AND PHOTO RECEIVED"

"Please list your previous scientific presentations and abstracts. List all authors, abstract titles, name of meeting, and date of meeting. List each meeting on a separate line. Please do not include the text of the abstract."

Is anyone using a specific format for this? I started labeling either abstract: or presentation: and it started looking clunky. Also, are WWE expected to put authors, titles, and dates for presentations?

"Please list your previous scientific presentations and abstracts. List all authors, abstract titles, name of meeting, and date of meeting. List each meeting on a separate line. Please do not include the text of the abstract."

Is anyone using a specific format for this? I started labeling either abstract: or presentation: and it started looking clunky. Also, are WWE expected to put authors, titles, and dates for presentations?
Where is this on the application?

I am having so much trouble submitting :confused: I literally tried 3 times and each time it made me click no's and yes's and nothing saved... I am so tired of the long list of questions and why does it not save I'm dead

mine keeps saying error when i go to submit - how did you guys fix that?
Did you find a fix to this? Mine won't submit, saying an error occurred. Every question is answered and I have put NA for all questions I don't have an answer for.

ETA: do I need to pay before being able to click "Submit my responses"?

ETA pt 2: it let me submit this morning, not sure what the issue was

Last edited:
Did you find a fix to this? Mine won't submit, saying an error occurred. Every question is answered and I have put NA for all questions I don't have an answer for.

Use Safari. I had the same issue but when I closed chrome and did it on safari, it worked right away.

I'm having this same issue, did you get it resolved? Tried using Safari and everything as well
did you pay the fee? I had the same issue and then realized I had to use a link at the top of the form to pay the fee then copy the transaction number into the application

hey everyone, just making sure, is this talking about at any point in our education? would working part-time in my grad program count? or is this meant for undergrad ppl: If you were employed during the academic year, other than during winter and summer breaks, please write the number of hours you worked per week, and tell us what you did and why you were employed.

I opened an incognito window and that fixed it!

hey everyone, just making sure, is this talking about at any point in our education? would working part-time in my grad program count? or is this meant for undergrad ppl: If you were employed during the academic year, other than during winter and summer breaks, please write the number of hours you worked per week, and tell us what you did and why you were employed.
I don't see why it wouldn't be OK to include your work during grad school. I would clarify if you were taking classes part-time or full-time, as it can differ greatly for grad students. Just my opinion fwiw

I don't see why it wouldn't be OK to include your work during grad school. I would clarify if you were taking classes part-time or full-time, as it can differ greatly for grad students. Just my opinion fwiw

thank you! yea i was also taking classes part-time

LCME Probation email received!!! Thank you to my family & friends for the endless support to getting such great news

• Haha
Reactions: 45 users
What does the accreditation on probation email i just received mean?