You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Carle-Illinois
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do we think there will be any news this week since historically there has been? It seems like they've given out most decisions already, but I'm curious if anyone hasn't heard or if there will be some sort of waitlist movement.
I've been screaming this question from the cloudsDo we think there will be any news this week since historically there has been? It seems like they've given out most decisions already, but I'm curious if anyone hasn't heard or if there will be some sort of waitlist movement.
SOMEONE TELL US.....enough suspense
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Half of the reason I wanna go to Carle is to join asapargus_liker. Med school would be fun with sarcasm like thisIt seems the nearest update we will see is April fools day. We on the waitlist cannot expect to know the final decision until the end of May.
I'll put asparagus around the student lounge and see who picks it up first. Then I will knowThanks man
One reason I switched from biomedical engineering to medical is because I like people and want to be around people who have a verbal and emotional quotient over 0
You seem cool
Too bad my posts are too embarrassing to ever permit me to reveal my identity if accepted
ormtespmed
New Member
This is more or less total speculation/summarizing what I've read here, but it seems to me like roughly half of those currently offered acceptance will matriculate, and roughly half of those pulled off the waitlist will matriculate. Therefore, my guess would be they offer acceptance to 50-60 people currently on the waitlist, which is probably 40-50% of it (hard to say, since we don't know how big it is--maybe as many as 200). Again, I have nothing specific to back that up and every year is different, but that's been my working estimate.
D
deleted1176515
We expecting decisions today?
Possible but unlikely. There were a few reported acceptances off the waitlist on the 2021-2022 thread on April 1st at around 4pm EST.We expecting decisions today?
It’s more likely that we will hear back on or soon after April 15th (when applicants need to narrow down acceptances to 3 schools) or April 30th (when applicants narrow down acceptances to 1 school).
I agree. Today is the deadline to stay on the waitlist so it's set in stone now. There could have been a few acceptance withdrawals before today, but we will see larger amounts on April 15th and 30th.Tbh, I don't think it's out of the question for a few people to get acceptances today, i'm fairly certain a few people have withdrawn their acceptances and I'm also fairly certain Carle accepted about as many people as their class size or maybe a slight bit more
BitofNothin
Full Member
So uhh, I’m guessing no WL —> A today? Do we think they might wait till Wednesday like they have for decisions thus far or silence until later in April
A small number of us may hear back between April 15th and April 30th, but I agree that the majority will be after April 30th.April 30 is when the real movement should start
BitofNothin
Full Member
Probably either a withdrawal or someone who got rejected earlier and forgot to add it, I doubt they’re shortening their WL rnThere was a rejection reported today on Cycletrack. Not sure if that was a withdrawal or a rejection off the waitlist.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How did this friend get that inside info? Or for more anonymity, how confident is he that this is the casethey rate u on a scale of 1-4 and they just go down from highest # till they fill the class (according to my friend who attends)
Your boy gotta know
BitofNothin
Full Member
Maybe, I think next Wednesday is more likely since that’ll be after the April 15th deadlineSome movement prob will happen tmrw
Pics?If I don't get in off the waitlist I'm burning my entire Carle Wheezer shrine
NOOOOOOOOOOONice try, not gunna let you copy my acceptance ritual
chill bruhDoes anyone here have any legal expertise? My lawyer says I'm making a really bad decision in my negotiations for acceptance to Carle. He said I'm making a mistake by agreeing to lease my soul to the devil for 666 years to get into Carle, but on the premed reddit a lot of people are saying its a really good deal. He says I should at least ask for a "no flaying" clause but I'm pretty sure this is a decent to excellent deal in exchange for getting into Carle as-is and I don't want to push my luck.
As BitofNothin said, some of us will hear back on Wednesday, April 17th. Based on the past threads, applicants were accepted off the waitlist around 2-4 PM EST on the Wednesdays after when applicants need to narrow acceptances to 3 schools. This year, that Wednesday is April 17th.
Withdrew. Just to give context their aid (scholarship) was one of the lowest I received, but to be fair their COA isn't as high as some other places. Good luck everyone, I hope there is some WL movement soon!
Was this need or merit based scholarship? Do you mind sharing when you got this scholarship and/or aid package? Feel like so many schools haven’t given anythingWithdrew. Just to give context their aid (scholarship) was one of the lowest I received, but to be fair their COA isn't as high as some other places. Good luck everyone, I hope there is some WL movement soon!
A research project worth pursuing: the amount of dopamine asparagus gets at the sight of a Carle A being withdrawnThanks for making space for us, it cheered me up to know my chances are getting better.
How you holdin up asparagus?
Only four? I have moreUniversity of Illinois COM just rejected me, hopefully Carle disagrees with them
I have about four pounds of nerds gummy clusters and nerds rope saved up for if I get accepted to Carle, the stakes are higher than I ever thought possible.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Even the burden of waiting another year? 💀View attachment 385530
If it is for the sake of acceptance to Carle, I will seize any manner of heretical strength, I will endure any burden.
We will see what sentence is declared for us soon, young grasshopper
Is rhoskir right about Carle's waitlist movement? Will he and asparagus_liker be accepted to Carle? Find out on next week's episode of Dragon Ball Z!
Today's stress may have knocked a year off my lifespanheart palpitations all day for what
BitofNothin
Full Member
Well then lads, see y’all May 1st
If they don't release decisions soon it could be bc of FAFSA, a lot of people in the chat are waiting on aid
So due to the FAFSA delay mess, my guess is we hear back on May 2nd. Not only is this after the CYMS deadline, but midnight EST on May 1st is Carle's deadline for "Applicants accepted to Carle Illinois have until midnight EST to decline all offers except Carle Illinois". More will likely hear back on or around May 15th as this is the "Deadline for Carle Illinois’ accepted applicants to select “commit to enroll” in CYMS and to withdraw from all other medical schools (no waitlist)".
Source: Application Timelines & Deadlines
Source: Application Timelines & Deadlines
Accepted off the waitlist about an hour ago!
Call or email? Or just checking portal?Accepted off the waitlist about an hour ago!
Email telling me to check my portal
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Remember that likely only a few accepted applicants have withdrawn. Significantly more will withdraw after they get their financial aid. People also may withdraw if they don’t get their financial aid in time by May 1st.
^ this. A majority of WL movement will happen after May 1st, and it’s a small class size so we’ll see less than other schools at this point.
What was the discussion about clinical opportunities? Is there a significant lack of clinical opportunities for Carle med students compared to that of other school? It’s understandable that this could be the case as it’s a fairly new school and has a strong engineering/research focus.In the GroupMe chat there was a lot of discussion about clinical opportunities and financial aid
Everyone seemed pretty negative