You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 TCU
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You won't get screened out pre-secondary, but if you get further in their process to a secondary or interview, they will usually contact you to ask when you plan to finish the pre-reqs.I did not put Genetics as a planned course on my AMCAS, should I email TCU and let them know so that I don’t get screened out pre-secondary?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! We are currently a small and mighty team of 3 doing our best to send secondary invitations and answer NUMEROUS emails and phone calls. We appreciate patience and understanding at this very busy time for our team!Does anyone know how long admissions take to reply? Ive emailed them about issues with the recording but they still haven't gotten back to me. My question 1 wasn't completed even though I recorded it and it won't let me do it again, but question 2 recorded just fine
Thanks for touching base & welcome to your busy year!Hello! We are currently a small and mighty team of 3 doing our best to send secondary invitations and answer NUMEROUS emails and phone calls. We appreciate patience and understanding at this very busy time for our team!
Hello applicants, here are a few reminders for our upcoming cycle;
- We have an audio recording in our secondary, please do not share the prompts with your pals on SDN.
- We won't listen to your test question in AMP, so PLEASE use it to make sure your sound is clear.
- Please use Chrome to complete the secondary.
- All of our prerequisites have been listed on our website for years, but note that you do not have to be complete at the time of application.
- We accept international students, OOS and in-state. We do not give preference to any of those groups.
- If you have questions, please email our office at [email protected]
wigglyextrovert
Full Member
For those who haven't done the secondary yet, I was freaking out but I just finished it and feel pretty good about it so try not to stress too much!
Falcons1017
New Member
anyone else not received a secondary yet? OOS verified 6/23.
Same hereanyone else not received a secondary yet? OOS verified 6/23.
See the post by a TCU admissions team member here: #104anyone else not received a secondary yet? OOS verified 6/23.
Thousands of you guys, 3 of them. Complete applicants will get a secondary but there are only so many hours in a workday!
Uhh so did anyone else completely botch those audio recordings 😵 I thought I had to hit the start button so I could start recording my audio anytime within the 3 minutes...but turns out it was just automatically recording the whole time while I practiced my answer out loud...wondering if I should even bother submitting and paying the $100 atp lol
itsme.imtheproblem
New Member
For the question asking if you were enrolled in community college during your undergraduate degree- would dual enrollment in high school count?
No it does not. Thank you!For the question asking if you were enrolled in community college during your undergraduate degree- would dual enrollment in high school count?
TheCerebralAssassin
Full Member
I meet all the requirements but have not received a secondary. OOS student that submitted Primaries June 7th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I prob won't submit too. I had a grade lower than a B for my physio class. It's my fault for not looking at the school's pre-req page. I thought Id be okay since TCU's MSAR page says: "All prerequisite courses must be passed with a grade of C or higher (C-courses do not qualify)."+1 OOS, Not gonna submit my secondary because I didn’t take physiology 🙁 what a weird requirement to have imo
Same hereI meet all the requirements but have not received a secondary. OOS student that submitted Primaries June 7th.
People receive secondaries all the way into January.Same here
D
deleted1167714
Does the order in which you receive a TCU secondary mean anything?
DoogieHouser
New Member
No.Does the order in which you receive a TCU secondary mean anything?
Prerequisite courses do not have to be complete until June 1, 2024. You can submit your secondary application and let us know that you intend to complete the course.+1 OOS, Not gonna submit my secondary because I didn’t take physiology 🙁 what a weird requirement to have imo
Can people with a C take the class again to get a better grade where a B is required?Prerequisite courses do not have to be complete until June 1, 2024. You can submit your secondary application and let us know that you intend to complete the course.
thecookiemonster1012001
Full Member
Secondary received, primary verified yesterday. Canadian, 511, 3.78 cGPA + lots of EC involving community service and global health
Anyone verified early June still waiting besides me?
I was verified early July, but I am also waitingAnyone verified early June still waiting besides me?
@SOM Admissions Hi there, thank you for the awesome work that you and your team are doing; we all really appreciate it so much! I was just curious, after completing the audio portion of the secondary, how soon can we expect to hear back if we will receive an interview? Thank you and have an amazing rest of your day/night!
Did you figure this out? I am having the same issue but it says my question 2 was not completedDoes anyone know how long admissions take to reply? Ive emailed them about issues with the recording but they still haven't gotten back to me. My question 1 wasn't completed even though I recorded it and it won't let me do it again, but question 2 recorded just fine
slaythehouseboots
Full Member
How long did the audio take you guys? Just wondering if I have time to do it before work lol
harry_potter138
Full Member
took like 15 minutesHow long did the audio take you guys? Just wondering if I have time to do it before work lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
slaythehouseboots
Full Member
+1 In State Secondary Received◡̈
entropymania
Full Member
+1 OOS. My primary app was verified on 6/30, but I added the school to my list on 7/18
D
deleted1168662
Pleasantly happy with the audio recordings🙂
OOS secondary submitted with subpar stats
OOS secondary submitted with subpar stats
+1 OOS secondary
We interview until the spring, so there is no set time when you could hear from us.@SOM Admissions Hi there, thank you for the awesome work that you and your team are doing; we all really appreciate it so much! I was just curious, after completing the audio portion of the secondary, how soon can we expect to hear back if we will receive an interview? Thank you and have an amazing rest of your day/night!
Received OOS secondary. I do not have a physiology course and have already graduated undergrad. Are there any course substitutes for the physiology pre req? Like anatomy or cell bio.
Can pharmacogenomics count as my genetic requirement? That’s the only course my school offers
Is anyone else having issues with the audio questions? I completed them but it says "not complete" next to one of the questions but it wont let me re-record either. I cannot submit until they are all completed. Please let me know is anyone else is having this problem or if anyone knows the solution for it!
Several other folks have said the same thing, so please (all ya'll) email admissions & let them know when you did your recording, what browser, what computer, and what happened.Is anyone else having issues with the audio questions? I completed them but it says "not complete" next to one of the questions but it wont let me re-record either. I cannot submit until they are all completed. Please let me know is anyone else is having this problem or if anyone knows the solution for it!
Thank you!!Several other folks have said the same thing, so please (all ya'll) email admissions & let them know when you did your recording, what browser, what computer, and what happened.
Current 3rd year, happy to help answer any questions for y'all!
(note: I don't know anything about admissions, it changes from year to year!)
(note: I don't know anything about admissions, it changes from year to year!)
My 1Q CASPER really showed in the recordings... not going to submit the secondary after absolutely fumbling it, but I appreciated it as a strong reminder to practice for possible interviews.
thecookiemonster1012001
Full Member
can children's literature satisfy both the humanities requirement and the english composite?
I love that this question is being asked by cookie monstercan children's literature satisfy both the humanities requirement and the english composite?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone still having troubles with the audio recordings? Mine say not completed so I cannot submit my app but I completed them and it wont let me re-try to resubmit them. I have emailed admissions but have not received any instruction for a week. I am worried that I am getting behind in the applicant pool even though I tried submitting over a week ago
Wait for a reply to your email inquiry. There's nothing more for you to do right now.Is anyone still having troubles with the audio recordings? Mine say not completed so I cannot submit my app but I completed them and it wont let me re-try to resubmit them. I have emailed admissions but have not received any instruction for a week. I am worried that I am getting behind in the applicant pool even though I tried submitting over a week ago
I would email them to be sure, but most schools I applied to with this requirement were looking for an actual English Composition course.can children's literature satisfy both the humanities requirement and the english composite?
I did, and I’ll probably sign up for the course only if I get an II before December.Hey everyone, how did you all go about indicating future coursework that you haven't been signed up for yet? (e.g. I know the institution that I would plan to take genetics at, but I'm not registered and would plan to take it next spring, not this fall). Should I just still put down the course info as I plan to?
is it okay if for the test question we submitted nothing? my mic messed up but i submitted good responses for the actual questions