-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Arizona - Phoenix
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1201436
I interviewed in Oct. Nothing yet eitherany updates from the sep interviews for the AC
joe-schmoe23
Full Member
I interviewed in August and nothing here either other than the ACany updates from the sep interviews for the AC
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
meaow12345
New Member
OOS A 🙂!!! Interviewed 11/18 group B
quantumqueso
Full Member
Hi! I don't have any useful tips, as I am still anxiously waiting to hear back from my interview.. However, if it makes you feel better, the in-person format was LESS nerve-racking for me than virtual interviews. The conversation feels more natural and it's easier to just have a chat because you can shake their hand and read body language. Zoom made it much harder to connect, at least that was my experience!Does anyone have any general tips for this interview? I'm so scared and the in-person aspect is so intimidating to me.
quantumqueso
Full Member
Is anyone from the 11/18 AVD still waiting for communication? I saw some acceptances go out but I have yet to receive even an update email... wondering if anyone is in the same boat?
D
deleted1201436
This also happened to me. After I interviewed in Oct, their interview f/u email said they would let my group know mid Nov. Never heard anything from them until a few weeks later when I received an active consideration email. Also never hurts to call. Probably would be best to do it next week.Is anyone from the 11/18 AVD still waiting for communication? I saw some acceptances go out but I have yet to receive even an update email... wondering if anyone is in the same boat?
pisces2002
LM: 78.5
Same! Haven't received anything except the post interview survey.Is anyone from the 11/18 AVD still waiting for communication? I saw some acceptances go out but I have yet to receive even an update email... wondering if anyone is in the same boat?
D
deleted1201436
They seem to be really slow with sending acceptances this year. They just changed deans from what I’ve heard so that could be part of the reason for delayed communication.Same! Haven't received anything except the post interview survey.
hi! just wanted to ask if a confirmation regarding the optional social on sunday (today) was included in the interview agenda email for anyone else. thanks 😀
It wasn't for me, just going off the original emailhi! just wanted to ask if a confirmation regarding the optional social on sunday (today) was included in the interview agenda email for anyone else. thanks 😀
CarbFan
Full Member
Out of my interviews, this was the only one I have done in person. Honestly, I was super nervous going into it, but if you attend the student Q&A the day before you'll feel a lot better. It was hard for me to find the place actually, it is literally right across the street from this hotel called AC Hotel in Downtown Phoenix. Everyone in my interview day was super friendly, the faculty are great and have senses of humor. I was dreading the MMIs, but ended up having a great experience. Good luck to you and anyone else interviewing!!Does anyone have any general tips for this interview? I'm so scared and the in-person aspect is so intimidating to me.
Thank you!!!Out of my interviews, this was the only one I have done in person. Honestly, I was super nervous going into it, but if you attend the student Q&A the day before you'll feel a lot better. It was hard for me to find the place actually, it is literally right across the street from this hotel called AC Hotel in Downtown Phoenix. Everyone in my interview day was super friendly, the faculty are great and have senses of humor. I was dreading the MMIs, but ended up having a great experience. Good luck to you and anyone else interviewing!!
OOS II received! Complete mid August. Any tips on how to prepare for the MMI?
OOS II, complete 8/19
This will be my first in-person interview and I am nervous lol
This will be my first in-person interview and I am nervous lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medDawgbruh
Full Member
OOS II! App complete late October. Any cheaper recommendations for hotel than the 4 already recommended?
Hmmm Interesting
Full Member
anyone else still waiting on a decision? Interviewed in 9/23 🙁(((( are we allowed to at least send letter of interest 😡 ?
D
deleted1201436
Same boat, although I interviewed in October. I’m thinking of calling them Monday if we don’t hear any updates within this week. Just out of curiosity, how many people are also in this situation?anyone else still waiting on a decision? Interviewed in 9/23 🙁(((( are we allowed to at least send letter of interest 😡 ?
Interviewed in August, still waiting. Hoping to hear good news soon but honestly I am not super optimistic 🤣 I am sick of the active consideration emailsSame boat, although I interviewed in October. I’m thinking of calling them Monday if we don’t hear any updates within this week. Just out of curiosity, how many people are also in this situation?
Whiterun_Gaurd
Full Member
Interviewed in September and haven’t received an active consideration email since early December (and early November before that one). Also interviewed at Tuscon and still haven’t heard anything.
quantumqueso
Full Member
twin 🤝🏻Interviewed in September and haven’t received an active consideration email since early December (and early November before that one). Also interviewed at Tuscon and still haven’t heard anything.
quantumqueso
Full Member
were you in Group A or B for the interview?Interviewed Nov and haven’t received any kind of emails/updates. Just called and found out I’m in “active review” status so they’ll just keep reviewing every 2-3 weeks.
When is your interview?OOS II! App complete late October. Any cheaper recommendations for hotel than the 4 already recommended?
medDawgbruh
Full Member
When is your interview?
1/27
Are you renting a car? I can give you some recommendations on lodging outside of downtown PHX if you're driving. Alternatively, if you stay in Tempe you can take light rail to downtown.1/27
medDawgbruh
Full Member
Are you renting a car? I can give you some recommendations on lodging outside of downtown PHX if you're driving. Alternatively, if you stay in Tempe you can take light rail to downtown.
Not planning on renting! Hoping to either be super close, or at a good deal hotel with easy transport!
I nearly went broke with the amount of Ubers/Waymos I had to take during the weekend. Phoenix is wayyyy bigger than I had imagined lmaoNot planning on renting! Hoping to either be super close, or at a good deal hotel with easy transport!
lol, when you discover that an inch on Google Maps is 30 miles.I nearly went broke with the amount of Ubers/Waymos I had to take during the weekend. Phoenix is wayyyy bigger than I had imagined lmao
kpast
New Member
Group B!were you in Group A or B for the interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
quantumqueso
Full Member
same! that makes me feel better lol.Group B!
medDawgbruh
Full Member
Anyone know if the MMI is blind, semi blind, etc??
Okay to pull some stories from the apps or best to avoid them to avoid repeating information?
Okay to pull some stories from the apps or best to avoid them to avoid repeating information?
CarbFan
Full Member
Pretty sure all they know about you is your photo and name. Other than that, it's up to you to show your story, personality, and strengths.Anyone know if the MMI is blind, semi blind, etc??
Okay to pull some stories from the apps or best to avoid them to avoid repeating information?
II in August and nothing yet except for ACSame boat, although I interviewed in October. I’m thinking of calling them Monday if we don’t hear any updates within this week. Just out of curiosity, how many people are also in this situation?
D
deleted1202283
any update on the active consideration. did anyone call? looks like the website is not updated eitherInterviewed in September and haven’t received an active consideration email since early December (and early November before that one). Also interviewed at Tuscon and still haven’t heard anything.
OOS A !! interviewed 10/21, group b 🙂
Did either of you end up on the active consideration list?OOS A!! Interviewed 12/9. LM 71. ☝️
Last edited:
The OTC
Full Member
No, they said today would be the first day for my interview day to hear back.Did either of you end up on the continued review list?
sandydog10
New Member
Any MD/PhD applicants from the November interview days hear anything back yet? They told us we should hear something by mid December but it’s mid January and I still have radio silence🥲🥲 Feel like I’m losing my mind lol
Any MD/PhD applicants from the November interview days hear anything back yet? They told us we should hear something by mid December but it’s mid January and I still have radio silence🥲🥲 Feel like I’m losing my mind lol
I interviewed in October and just got accepted last week
quantumqueso
Full Member
Congrats to everyone accepted recently!! Has anyone IS received active consideration or an acceptance recently?
D
deleted1202283
looks like they update the number of
offers sent out,
offers sent out,
D
deleted1201436
Saw that just now. How many direct offers you think will be sent out this cycle?looks like they update the number of
offers sent out,
I'm assuming that people on active consideration will hear more soon since people with multiple offers will have to narrow down their choices in the coming months.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well last year they sent out 181 direct offers (https://phoenixmed.arizona.edu/sites/default/files/education/admissions/admissions-summary2027.pdf)Saw that just now. How many direct offers you think will be sent out this cycle?
I'm assuming that people on active consideration will hear more soon since people with multiple offers will have to narrow down their choices in the coming months.
D
deleted1202283
yes, hoping people with multiple offers can decide soon to show some mercy on the active considerationSaw that just now. How many direct offers you think will be sent out this cycle?
I'm assuming that people on active consideration will hear more soon since people with multiple offers will have to narrow down their choices in the coming months.
D
deleted1202283
this was year before (class of 2027), was wondering what was last year for class of 2028Well last year they sent out 181 direct offers (https://phoenixmed.arizona.edu/sites/default/files/education/admissions/admissions-summary2027.pdf)
Oh gotcha. Seems like last year’s class size was larger at 130, so I’d think potentially even more offers 🤔this was year before (class of 2027), was wondering what was last year for class of 2028
D
deleted1201436
Yeah that means they should have sent at least 200 offers last year. Lets hope they will increase the class size from 130.Oh gotcha. Seems like last year’s class size was larger at 130, so I’d think potentially even more offers 🤔