You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Case Western Reserve
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
magic_fish12
Full Member
Deferred since oct 15th gangDamn well at least theres a tiny bit of hope left, even if not much. I just wanna be out of purgatory. I'm hapyp to have an A, even if not highly ranked, but this stress of waiting since october is killing me.
+1 A+1 OOS A
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
they haven't said R's yet. That is weird you never got a email though. Probably a system error.i had "on hold for continued consideration" in my portal, but no deferral email. did anyone get an R email? wondering if that's incoming for me. interviewed mid jan
iloveharvard
Full Member
I applied for both MSTP and MD-only University Program. I interviewed with MSTP but never received an II from MD university program.
Does it mean I am not under consideration for MD university program? I am asking this question because MSTP also includes MD interview.
Anyone here received II from both MSTP and MD-only university program?
Does it mean I am not under consideration for MD university program? I am asking this question because MSTP also includes MD interview.
Anyone here received II from both MSTP and MD-only university program?
SteinwayThor
New Member
I only had an MSTP II. However, about a month after getting deferred from the MSTP I got a similarly worded email which appeared to be a deferral from the MD. I’m not sure if this means I am in separate consideration for the MD and MSTP. Did you hear anything like that from the University Program?I applied for both MSTP and MD-only University Program. I interviewed with MSTP but never received an II from MD university program.
Does it mean I am not under consideration for MD university program? I am asking this question because MSTP also includes MD interview.
Anyone here received II from both MSTP and MD-only university program?
iloveharvard
Full Member
I got the same, but the rumor said I shall receive a separated II from MD university program, otherwise I am not under consideration for MD. I really don't know the truth.I only had an MSTP II. However, about a month after getting deferred from the MSTP I got a similarly worded email which appeared to be a deferral from the MD. I’m not sure if this means I am in separate consideration for the MD and MSTP. Did you hear anything like that from the University Program?
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Any ideas on when us deferred who didn’t hear anything will get waitlisted or rejected?
By March 15th seemed like a good guess I saw in a different thread.Any ideas on when us deferred who didn’t hear anything will get waitlisted or rejected?
4. By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS.
Spidey2002
Full Member
I'm in the same boat (interviewed all the way back in Oct.) and have only ever received communication from the MSTP program after applying to both (no II or pre-II R for the University Program). The secondary application said something along the lines of the MSTP scheduling your School of Medicine interview, so perhaps the evals from your MSTP interview are used by the University Program? I was deferred in November (for MSTP but not MD) and I'm starting to wonder if I'm cooked at this pointI applied for both MSTP and MD-only University Program. I interviewed with MSTP but never received an II from MD university program.
Does it mean I am not under consideration for MD university program? I am asking this question because MSTP also includes MD interview.
Anyone here received II from both MSTP and MD-only university program?
Icehound233
Full Member
Post II R just now, anyone else got an R? Was deferred before
Wondering if post II R is a new thing this year with deferrals.
Wondering if post II R is a new thing this year with deferrals.
frigophobiashift
Full Member
Uhoh... not yet. When did you interview?Post II R just now, anyone else got an R?
Icehound233
Full Member
Early December, might just be sending them out as they review files. Tbh my interview was pretty bad as I got pretty nervous so maybe it’s just meUhoh... not yet. When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
youmatter:)
Full Member
i also got post II R interviewed 11/18?. i threw that interview tho so not suprisedEarly December, might just be sending them out as they review files. Tbh my interview was pretty bad as I got pretty nervous so maybe it’s just me
Icehound233
Full Member
Was deferred late December tooUhoh... not yet. When did you interview?
Icehound233
Full Member
Same loli also got post II R interviewed 11/18?. i threw that interview tho so not suprised
magic_fish12
Full Member
+1 Post II R
eggplant05
Full Member
Is this for deferrals?
Icehound233
Full Member
I was deferredIs this for deferrals?
eggplant05
Full Member
Same… deferred since November
I’M SO NERVOUS GUYS PLS
I’M SO NERVOUS GUYS PLS
Icehound233
Full Member
I’m assuming if you didn’t get the email right now you’d be safeSame… deferred since November
I’M SO NERVOUS GUYS PLS
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
OOS alt list after several in February (interviews in January)
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
+1 OOS Alt list
edit: interviewed in November, deferred in December
edit: interviewed in November, deferred in December
Last edited:
eggplant05
Full Member
OOS alt list interviewed in September, deferred in November
frigophobiashift
Full Member
+1 OOS Alt List Email - declining my position. Hopefully that helps someone else out there (who knows)!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 Alt list
Last edited:
MedicalBotty
Full Member
+1 Alt list
neuroscience2024
Full Member
+1 OOS Alt List
Interviewed late October and deferred late December until now. Praying to get off the WL
Interviewed late October and deferred late December until now. Praying to get off the WL
brainrottt
Full Member
Yes! The Choose your medical school tool actually shows waitlists as alternate lists
Alt
MedicalBotty
Full Member
so do we have an estimate of WL ?
neuroscience2024
Full Member
can you see it even if you don't have an acceptance elsewhereYes! The Choose your medical school tool actually shows waitlists as alternate lists
eggplant05
Full Member
can you see it even if you don't have an acceptance elsewhere
I think the tool is only available for applicants with at least 1 acceptance
MedicalBotty
Full Member
i meant do we know about how many ppl get off the WL
mdobsessed64
Full Member
+1 Alt List
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Did anyone not get a decision? Like anyone who was deferred not been accepted or waitlisted or rejected by now? Just wondering if they are doing another round of acceptances before may.
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
I guess we just have to hope and pray that we're part of their institutional priority. CWRU SOM would be a dream! Good luck to all my fellow alt-listers.We do not rank our Alternate List and instead, base our acceptance selections on institutional priorities, including the class composite. Your application will be under consideration until our classes begin on July 8, 2024.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sisyphus's Rock
Full Member
+1 Alt list. Godspeed to you all
gudeggtama
Full Member
+1 AL after being deferred, interviewed 01/30
purplesugarboba
New Member
do alt list people see cwru in the amcas choose your medical school tool? i have another acceptance and accepted my alt list position for case but cannot see it
MedicalBotty
Full Member
I cannot yetdo alt list people see cwru in the amcas choose your medical school tool? i have another acceptance and accepted my alt list position for case but cannot see it
mdobsessed64
Full Member
Anyone who accepted their Alt list have a “Your status has been updated” but nothing else to confirm you accepted it? Kinda paranoid I clicked the wrong button now :0