-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Case Western Reserve
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Someone on Admit said that they were deferred but got in last week, and that there were 10 students added to the group me over the weekend. I'm hoping that's not for the university program.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dinodoctor.net
Full Member
Last year, Lerner found out on Tuesday the 25. Case found out Thursday the 27th—but A/WL/R all heard the same day.
This year, Lerner found out Tuesday the 24th, and we still haven’t heard.
So maybe this week but clearly there’s no pattern for us to go off of. Maybe Thursday or Friday deferred—>A will get a zoom link for Monday. WL/R should hear back the same day.
This year, Lerner found out Tuesday the 24th, and we still haven’t heard.
So maybe this week but clearly there’s no pattern for us to go off of. Maybe Thursday or Friday deferred—>A will get a zoom link for Monday. WL/R should hear back the same day.
Yeah, I don't see why they would lie about that.. but hearing some people already got off the deferral list and got A's probably means the rest of us who are deferred are either WL or R.. Sad as CWRU was my top choice!! 🙁Someone on Admit said that they were deferred but got in last week, and that there were 10 students added to the group me over the weekend. I'm hoping that's not for the university program.
dinodoctor.net
Full Member
yeah def not a lie but maybe there was some reason they called that applicant. Cause the other two who were accepted interviewed late January. So it’s just one person.
Plus there’s rarely a release of decisions or any sort of news and zero posts to sdn about it. It just doesn’t make sense to me
Plus there’s rarely a release of decisions or any sort of news and zero posts to sdn about it. It just doesn’t make sense to me
yaycookies
New Member
do we think deferred applicants will hear this Thursday or next week?
neuro_queen
Full Member
I’m crossing my fingers for tomorrow! But it sounded like the committee is/was meeting this week, so who knows.do we think deferred applicants will hear this Thursday or next week?
jackfrost59
Full Member
just got WL
+1 WL (deferred last oct)
blearybear
Full Member
+1 WL after deferral
wunderbread
New Member
+1 WL
neuro_queen
Full Member
+1 WL, was originally deferred in January
+1 WL after deferral
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 Post II R. Good luck everyone
+1 WL 🙁
Any acceptances post deferral
There was some talk of a few acceptances on the admit forum. I don't think it was that many (~10)
I think those acceptances were from last batch that interviewed and there was 1 acceptance post deferralThere was some talk of a few acceptances on the admit forum. I don't think it was that many (~10)
studyingformcatblah
Full Member
+1 WL post deferral
Does anyone have access to MSAR and know how many students were accepted from waitlist last year?
If you look at last year's SDN thread the CWRU account said waitlist movement was very slowDoes anyone have access to MSAR and know how many students were accepted from waitlist last year?
studyingformcatblah
Full Member
dang so chances of getting off the WL are low?If you look at last year's SDN thread the CWRU account said waitlist movement was very slow
Every year is different, so nobody really knows. I was just answering the person who asked how many people got off last year.dang so chances of getting off the WL are low?
How many students are on the WLEvery year is different, so nobody really knows. I was just answering the person who asked how many people got off last year.
I'm not sure but MSAR publishes estimates for each schoolHow many students are on the WL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long has the finaid team taken to review folks' financial aid documents? Seems like mine is taking longer than the 2-3 day estimate in the FAQ section of AcceptedCentral and just wanted to see if I need to reach out.
I think mine took closer to ten daysHow long has the finaid team taken to review folks' financial aid documents? Seems like mine is taking longer than the 2-3 day estimate in the FAQ section of AcceptedCentral and just wanted to see if I need to reach out.
Have you (or anyone feel free to answer lol) received a financial aid estimate? Curious if Case is just leaving us to cover the cost difference lolI think mine took closer to ten days
I have not yet! If I remember correctly packages are supposed to come out in April.Have you (or anyone feel free to answer lol) received a financial aid estimate? Curious if Case is just leaving us to cover the cost difference lol
Is the waitlist called the alternate list? Is it ranked
Yeah the WL is the alternate list. It might be internally ranked but they don't tell us anything.Is the waitlist called the alternate list? Is it ranked
According to CWRU website, yes the alt list is the waitlist, no it's not rankedIs the waitlist called the alternate list? Is it ranked
any updates on financial aid?
Are applicants on waitlist given info on financial package?
jackfrost59
Full Member
No were u?Are applicants on waitlist given info on financial package?
No..
Is this the week for finaid???
has anyone heard back about finaid yet? someone on the admit discord mentioned they had a friend that received an offer already....
I haven’t!has anyone heard back about finaid yet? someone on the admit discord mentioned they had a friend that received an offer already....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i guess we hope for tomorrow?
stinkycat21
New Member
I heard that some fin-aid is out! Did Case offer both need and merit based aid?
They gave me a generous need based scholarship, but supposedly they don’t give merit based scholarships. (Per a student in the GroupMe who said they reached out to the financial aid office about it this matter!)I heard that some fin-aid is out! Did Case offer both need and merit based aid?
dinodoctor.net
Full Member
Does anyone have insight or thoughts on what waitlist movement will look like this year? It seems like the class is pretty full and not many posts about withdrawing yet.
I wouldn't expect any real movement to happen until May 1st, not now. Applicants aren't technically "required" to withdraw any A's until April 30th.Does anyone have insight or thoughts on what waitlist movement will look like this year? It seems like the class is pretty full and not many posts about withdrawing yet.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K