curiousblizzard
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not yet for meanyone hear back after doing phone interview late sept?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Not yet for meanyone hear back after doing phone interview late sept?
Not yet, did my phone II on Sept 19thanyone hear back after doing phone interview late sept?
Same here, nothing yet after phone interview in late SepNot yet, did my phone II on Sept 19th
Just wanted to bring this back up for anyone still anxiously waiting on a phone II. These are from some posts from different users in last year's WMed thread:If you don’t have a phone Ii and it’s been a while (over two months) consider your app most likely dead barring an update.
Thank you Master House for sharing this. I stated most likely not to induce fear but to reinforce based on my experiences. Great insight.Just wanted to bring this back up for anyone still anxiously waiting on a phone II. These are from some posts from different users in last year's WMed thread:
User 1
OOS Telephone Interview Invite: 10/22
Experience review completed: 8/16
Moved into experience review step: 8/12
Secondary submitted: 8/6
User 2
IS Phone II just now (11/5), under consideration 7/12
User 3
+1 phone ii 11/5, complete 8/1
Y'all can feel free to peruse through the thread like I did, but these posts are evidence (self-reported) that people can get phone II's here more than 2 months after they submitted their application. For everyone else thinking, "Chat, am I cooked?" like me: No, we're not. Not yet.
<3Thank you Master House for sharing this. I stated most likely not to induce fear but to reinforce based on my experiences. Great insight.
do you have any data when it comes to phone II to virtual IIJust wanted to bring this back up for anyone still anxiously waiting on a phone II. These are from some posts from different users in last year's WMed thread:
User 1
OOS Telephone Interview Invite: 10/22
Experience review completed: 8/16
Moved into experience review step: 8/12
Secondary submitted: 8/6
User 2
IS Phone II just now (11/5), under consideration 7/12
User 3
+1 phone ii 11/5, complete 8/1
Y'all can feel free to peruse through the thread like I did, but these posts are evidence (self-reported) that people can get phone II's here more than 2 months after they submitted their application. For everyone else thinking, "Chat, am I cooked?" like me: No, we're not. Not yet.
I interviewed on 10/3. Haven't gotten anything.On the 10/10 interview date they said that decisions would be sent sometime middle of this week. So I’m guessing either today or tomorrow. 10/16 last year was a Wednesday so who knows
Oof, this hurts but congrats!!!+1 OOS virtual II
For those keeping track of Phone II to Virtual II timeline, this is about 3.5 weeks after I completed the Phone II
Does it come with a Stryker gurney+1 OOS A today!
I did one on 10/3, nothing back yet. The monthly update email is coming up so at least we'll know we're still under consideration if nothing else until thenHas anyone who did a phone interview in early October (or very late September) heard back about virtual interviews?
thanks for answering! i did mine the same exact day and haven't heard back yet either. I didn't get the last monthly update email, did you? i thought they may stop sending them to people who got phone interviews when i didn't get it last month (i think it came out 2 days before my phone interview).I did one on 10/3, nothing back yet. The monthly update email is coming up so at least we'll know we're still under consideration if nothing else until then
nope! same exact boat. maybe we won't get one for november then, but hoping we get invites asap!thanks for answering! i did mine the same exact day and haven't heard back yet either. I didn't get the last monthly update email, did you? i thought they may stop sending them to people who got phone interviews when i didn't get it last month (i think it came out 2 days before my phone interview).
Congrats that’s so amazing!!!Got an OOS A earlier today! Interviewed last week, and did my phone interview in early September!
I didn’t get it. Have you done either of the interviews? I did the phone but didn’t get a virtual II yet, maybe it only goes to those who haven’t? Idkdid the Monthly Update email go out already?
currently under consideration for a phone interview...i was wondering the same thing since when I received the last email I was in the experience review sectionI didn’t get it. Have you done either of the interviews? I did the phone but didn’t get a virtual II yet, maybe it only goes to those who haven’t? Idk
Can you recall how long it took you to receive the phone interview invite after your "experience review" ended? Also, what is the point of the experience review? Thanks!Hi guys, I'm a previous medical student from Western Michigan, and wanted to come on here to offer any help with questions + housing. Please let me know if I can answer any questions, and I'd be happy to provide a contact if you wanted to reach out privately. Good luck guys!
Can you explain what that means?September 19th victims rise up 😭
Hi! I'm not sure if the statuses/phases of the application process changed from my application years ago, but I remember it moving pretty quick, and each step just being around 2-3 weeks long before getting the next email. If I remember correctly, the experience review is a review of your supplementary responses/experiences from your application.Can you recall how long it took you to receive the phone interview invite after your "experience review" ended? Also, what is the point of the experience review? Thanks!
Thank you for your response! I see on their website that they’ve had a history of accepting students from the 497-499 range, would you think that’s rare and only reserved for IS applicants? I have a 499 and they’re my top choice (OOS). Thank you!Hi! I'm not sure if the statuses/phases of the application process changed from my application years ago, but I remember it moving pretty quick, and each step just being around 2-3 weeks long before getting the next email. If I remember correctly, the experience review is a review of your supplementary responses/experiences from your application.
I don't think I have the insight for this, but I think I might be more possible that students within that range are admitted from the masters program or have very special circumstances rather than being from in-state versus out of state. From my peer group I think people were around the reported median for the school, but they do review your application holistically.Thank you for your response! I see on their website that they’ve had a history of accepting students from the 497-499 range, would you think that’s rare and only reserved for IS applicants? I have a 499 and they’re my top choice (OOS). Thank you!
That's understandable, for sure. Unfortunately, I won't be able to test until next year, but thank you nonetheless!!I don't think I have the insight for this, but I think I might be more possible that students within that range are admitted from the masters program or have very special circumstances rather than being from in-state versus out of state. From my peer group I think people were around the reported median for the school, but they do review your application holistically.
Also just another option- I had submitted my application in my application year with a certain MCAT score that I thought was a little lower than ideal, and then later scheduled another MCAT for ~November of the same cycle. I had interviewed with some programs, and sent an update to them when my new score came which was higher. I got a handful of IIs or WLs turn into As following that!
same. mine was beginningHas anyone gotten any virtual IIs recently? Had my phone interview at the end of October and haven’t heard anything since.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.