You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Case Western Reserve
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
flowerplant2000
Full Member
anyone here in deciding / decided between case and their state school (rwj NJ). same cost at either place. would love to talk to someone who may be in a similar situation.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
neuroscience2024
Full Member
I saw someone report an A on admit.org was this from the WL ?? or just delayed reporting of an A beforehand?
iloveharvard
Full Member
Got WL, what did you get when clicking "Accept Alternate List"? Did it show any timestamp you accepted WL? I didn't see any change after clicking this button.
neuroscience2024
Full Member
Do we think they’re going to start contacting WL people on May 1 or wait until Monday May 5?
MedicalBotty
Full Member
just got off the WL in my dreams last night!Do we think they’re going to start contacting WL people on May 1 or wait until Monday May 5?
icepenguin2024
Full Member
withdrew my A. difficult to do
neuroscience2024
Full Member
Please LMAO I had a heart attack reading the first half of this sentence. Manifesting is powerful thoughjust got off the WL in my dreams last night!
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
May your dreams come true!!just got off the WL in my dreams last night!
MedicalBotty
Full Member
I keep reading my own post about my dream having a heart attack thinking ppl got off lol
neuroscience2024
Full Member
At this rate I feel like it will be Monday or Tuesday?I keep reading my own post about my dream having a heart attack thinking ppl got off lol
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Previous years Christian would comment hereAt this rate I feel like it will be Monday or Tuesday?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My neuroticism got the best of me. Here's a quick summary of waitlist movement I found from the past 3 cycles based on SDN:
- 2021–2022: Some A’s reported on 5/3/2022
- 2022–2023: Some A’s reported on 5/2/2023 and 5/8/2023
- 2023–2024: Some A’s reported on 5/10/2024, 5/15/2024, and 6/3/2024
neuroscience2024
Full Member
Do we think today’s the day? Nervous 😬
MedicalBotty
Full Member
So has anyone gotten off yet?
neuroscience2024
Full Member
Interesting that’s a Sunday. Haven’t seen any on admit.org or here or cycle track. Saw one person get into CCLP off WL last week on SDN. Is this group for both UP and CCLP?It looks like several people joined the GroupMe on May 4th, so waitlist movement may have occurred then. At the moment, there are 220+ people in the GroupMe, but this also includes some M1s.
Looks like the GroupMe is for both UP and CCLCM. Idk if the listed class size on MSAR is for both programs but maybe we might see more movement then? Wishing the best for those waitingInteresting that’s a Sunday. Haven’t seen any on admit.org or here or cycle track. Saw one person get into CCLP off WL last week on SDN. Is this group for both UP and CCLP?
neuroscience2024
Full Member
I think UP is 170 and CCLCM is 30-35 and MD/PhD is like 10? Could be off a littleLooks like the GroupMe is for both UP and CCLCM. Idk if the listed class size on MSAR is for both programs but maybe we might see more movement then? Wishing the best for those waiting
neuroscience2024
Full Member
Wishing we had some more insight. The email they sent to the AL people on 04/21 had been somewhat promising of some AL movement to comePrevious years Christian would comment here
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Maybe they over admitted this year (hence the high GC number on group me). Although last year it did take until 5/10 for the first A according to penguinboi.Wishing we had some more insight. The email they sent to the AL people on 04/21 had been somewhat promising of some AL movement to come
Yep. On last year's thread, someone reported an A around 3:30 PM CT on 5/10, which was a Friday
neuroscience2024
Full Member
How many are in the GC? Here I thought a good number of withdrawals in April were reported on SDN and I was holding out hope. Here is to praying some A go out tomorrow or Friday!!Maybe they over admitted this year (hence the high GC number on group me). Although last year it did take until 5/10 for the first A according to penguinboi.
Admit.org has 2 A's reported on 04/24 but I saw at least one of those if not both in the CCLCM SDN thread which is a different application/acceptance process but not tracked separately on that website.
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Someone above said 220 in GCHow many are in the GC? Here I thought a good number of withdrawals in April were reported on SDN and I was holding out hope. Here is to praying some A go out tomorrow or Friday!!
Admit.org has 2 A's reported on 04/24 but I saw at least one of those if not both in the CCLCM SDN thread which is a different application/acceptance process but not tracked separately on that website.
222 atm including at least 6 MS1s (prob more) from a quick count and a member of the adcom.How many are in the GC? Here I thought a good number of withdrawals in April were reported on SDN and I was holding out hope. Here is to praying some A go out tomorrow or Friday!!
Admit.org has 2 A's reported on 04/24 but I saw at least one of those if not both in the CCLCM SDN thread which is a different application/acceptance process but not tracked separately on that website.
neuroscience2024
Full Member
MSAR says estimated number of new entrants is 216.... so 222-7 = 215222 atm including at least 6 MS1s (prob more) from a quick count and a member of the adcom.
So its not over yet I hopeeeee
After what amount of time is it okay to ask the ad com about WL movement?
Honestly if theres none by Monday i feel like it wouldn't be crazy to email or callMSAR says estimated number of new entrants is 216.... so 222-7 = 215
So its not over yet I hopeeeee
After what amount of time is it okay to ask the ad com about WL movement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Spidey2002
Full Member
Three MSTP As have been reported on CycleTrack since April 30. Any idea if that is likely it or if it's normal for additional WL movement to happen later in the month?
neuroscience2024
Full Member
are you just asking in terms of MSTP?Three MSTP As have been reported on CycleTrack since April 30. Any idea if that is likely it or if it's normal for additional WL movement to happen later in the month?
Spidey2002
Full Member
Yeah just MSTPare you just asking in terms of MSTP?
neuroscience2024
Full Member
I would say it’s possible but probably less movement. Not sure if they have a different CTE deadline - that would be most indicativeYeah just MSTP
PeacePiano
New Member
Just got accepted off the wl! Interviewed 1/22
neuroscience2024
Full Member
did they call?Just got accepted off the wl! Interviewed 1/22
PeacePiano
New Member
yeahdid they call?
neuroscience2024
Full Member
Congrats! is your portal updated yet? did you send an LOI? Also LM?yeah
neuroscience2024
Full Member
Anyone else hear yesterday or know anyone who did? Also has anyone emailed admissions re WL timeline
Sorry for the late response to this. They do and can change a little from year to year. I would not recommend using the 24-25 prompts for 25-26. We're going to be meeting to discuss changes for 25-26 soon. Once we have them nailed down, we'll post them on our website.It would probably be good to check the previous years threads to see how frequently it changes, as no one can tell you if it will specifically change next year. Similarly admit.org has a feature that shows how likely it is for certain secondary prompts to appear year to year
Psst- Here I am! The movement has been very slow this year. We're seeing a few currently accepted students getting offer off of other waitlists but it has been one here, one there. As I always say, this part of the process is the most unpredictable - we never know what is going to happen from year to year.Previous years Christian would comment here
neuroscience2024
Full Member
If those individuals opt to attend elsewhere from WL then would you expect offers to be made to people on the WL? Also, what is the turnaround time like for someone withdrawing their A to offering someone off of the WL the spot? Thank you!! We appreciate your help and insight amidst this stressful time.Psst- Here I am! The movement has been very slow this year. We're seeing a few currently accepted students getting offer off of other waitlists but it has been one here, one there. As I always say, this part of the process is the most unpredictable - we never know what is going to happen from year to year.
The timing of our waitlist offers all depends on the time the school who has made a new offer to a candidate has given them to make a decision. Some schools give 5 days, some give 2 weeks. So, we sit and wait until we hear back if they decide to stay with us or move onto the new school. At that point, if we're below our class target number, we'll go to the waitlist right away.If those individuals opt to attend elsewhere from WL then would you expect offers to be made to people on the WL? Also, what is the turnaround time like for someone withdrawing their A to offering someone off of the WL the spot? Thank you!! We appreciate your help and insight amidst this stressful time.
Thanks for taking the time to give us all this information! From what I’m reading, it sounds like waitlist movement may still occur here at CWRU?The timing of our waitlist offers all depends on the time the school who has made a new offer to a candidate has given them to make a decision. Some schools give 5 days, some give 2 weeks. So, we sit and wait until we hear back if they decide to stay with us or move onto the new school. At that point, if we're below our class target number, we'll go to the waitlist right away.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
neuroscience2024
Full Member
Congrats! was this your top choice? did you send LOI or updates? any idea if they have more spots?OOS A off the WL about an hour ago, got a call from everyone on the admissions dream team!
was your letter of intent acknowledged? I sent mine around the same time and the response referred to it as a "letter of interest" *cry* Clerical error it's no big deal, but I am paranoid about admissions knowing what it is.Yeah it’s my top choice, I sent letter of intent second week of April, I’m not sure how many more spots they’ll have, they did say it’s been a slower year with WL movement
neuroscience2024
Full Member
Ugh I am holding out hope for WL movement - I also sent letter of interest in April. I am on 2 WL but have no A yet RIPYeah it’s my top choice, I sent letter of intent second week of April, I’m not sure how many more spots they’ll have, they did say it’s been a slower year with WL movement