2025-2026 Michigan

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@CurledAlarmist is right, and sadly DD applicants will probably have to wait until March… Can also add Carol said they had no waitlist movement and no one deferred given an A last cycle. Keep in mind that’s only what I was told around CTE deadline, things could have changed last minute. Either way, each cycle is different so best thing to do is send update letters and hope for the best.
 
Highly speculative and maybe I am confirmation biased but it seems like DD is more common this cycle compared to last cycle based on admit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Highly speculative and maybe I am confirmation biased but it seems like DD is more common this cycle compared to last cycle based on admit.
I predict that this will be the case for most schools impacted by budget cuts. With an uncertain future, the last thing you want to do is overadmit or have to deal with a sudden cut in budget after you sent out offers & aid. I predict that schools will rely on the WL and will admit off of it once they have more certainty. Maybe I am being too speculative but the change in some school’s behavior, NYU being one, seems to confirm that as they are only sending another ii wave later in the cycle once they get a better grip of the environment
 
Accepted, OOS, on 11/21/2025
MD II Received in late September
MD 2° Submitted in late July
+1 IS MD 2° received in early July
Verified & app transmitted in early July

For any future students reading this -- I cried a little bit in my interview and still got the A. I guess they really do mean it when they tell you to be yourself. This is my dream program. Go Blue!
 
I predict that this will be the case for most schools impacted by budget cuts. With an uncertain future, the last thing you want to do is overadmit or have to deal with a sudden cut in budget after you sent out offers & aid. I predict that schools will rely on the WL and will admit off of it once they have more certainty. Maybe I am being too speculative but the change in some school’s behavior, NYU being one, seems to confirm that as they are only sending another ii wave later in the cycle once they get a better grip of the environment
mmm yes... so its still early in the cycle mmyessss... delusions (of my own)
 
are IIs generally given (not just at this school, but others) during thanksgiving week? or at least on M/T/W?
This school only sends out IIs on Mondays if it’s not a holiday. I’m unsure on Christmas break territory, I don’t believe they do then either
 
This school only sends out IIs on Mondays if it’s not a holiday. I’m unsure on Christmas break territory, I don’t believe they do then either
They will most likely pause sending them after 12/15 until 1/5, but they will also announce their break timeline on Twitter/instagram with their last batch of interviews before.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if letter of intent or anything can help if placed on interview waitlist (MSTP)? I was recently accepted but my SO has just been put on interview waitlist 🙁
I believe that it wouldn't hurt. Why not give it a try instead of regretting it later wishing that you had tried? I hope you get it. You got this.
 
Legend has it the Harvester fell from the stars to inherit their IIs.
Creative Assembly Lightning GIF by Xbox
That is no legend. It is the incontrovertible truth.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Will be so crushed to receive the R from them. PLEEEEEEASE a II and you can have my eternal gratitude :bow:
 
Does Michigan send post-II Rs and does anyone know when they would start if they do?
Never heard of it, sure it happens but only in rare cases of someone being a psychopath. You'll have to wait until June/July typically for an R from the WL, but UMich typically is transparent on if they expect WL movement much earlier.
 
When do they usually stop sending interviews here does anyone know?
Hard to know timeline because there aren't any official reports. Last year they received 10,265 applications and interviewed 443 (4.3%). This year they've received 11,160 applications and interviewed 401 (3.6%). So, if they interview the same number, they have ~40 left to send. If they interview the same percentage, they have ~80 left to send.
 
I didn't realize that Michigan had a tracker on their website but just saw it on another SDN thread.

So looking at it right now it shows they have had 11,159 applicants this year with 341 interviews scheduled to date and 50 admission offers made.

MSARS shows that for the Y2024 cycle they had 9338 applicants, they interviewed 443 and had 171 matriculants.
  • 1821 more applicants is a 19.5% increase in just 2 years! Crazy.
  • They're already close to their total interviews back then. Assuming they also interview roughly 20% more applicants, that would mean they still have 189 more interviews to go.
  • Making a wild guess of 70% yield rate, that would mean they made 244 offers back then to get their 171 matriculants. That would have been a 55% post-II -> A rate. Assuming the same 244 offers now but 530 interviews, it would drop that rate to 46%.
Anyway, I'm sure I have some math wrong somewhere but the basic idea is there is still a chance but it's harder than ever.

Just for posterity sake and keeping track of numbers for myself, as of today (a little less than a month later) Michigan is currently at 11,160 applicants this year with 401 interviews scheduled to date and 144 admission. That's an increase of 1 applicant, 60 interviews, and a whopping 94 admission offers from 11/16 to 12/10.
 
Just for posterity sake and keeping track of numbers for myself, as of today (a little less than a month later) Michigan is currently at 11,160 applicants this year with 401 interviews scheduled to date and 144 admission. That's an increase of 1 applicant, 60 interviews, and a whopping 94 admission offers from 11/16 to 12/10.
If we wanna share data, then maybe someone will find this interesting. These are different years and all screenshots were taken between December 8 and 15 of each year. May all the neurotics amongst us enjoy
1765394765763.png

1765394777126.png

1765394786252.png
 
Has anyone from the November acceptances got their acceptance letter in the mail yet? I'm just excited to have something physical!
 
Has anyone from the November acceptances got their acceptance letter in the mail yet? I'm just excited to have something physical!
They dont send that for accepted med school students. Only for undergrads to my knowledge. So I've given up waiting for one 🥲
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They dont send that for accepted med school students. Only for undergrads to my knowledge. So I've given up waiting for one 🥲
Last year’s thread said they got them + personalized handwritten postcard from Dean Teener. I was looking forward to it :’(