You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Michigan
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
16 went out today. looks like umich is done for the cycle
Turb
Full Member
Damn actually :/16 went out today. looks like umich is done for the cycle
Dodging every rejection wave gave me the weirdest cope/sense of false security.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i'm not a 100% sure, but they sent out 443 last year according to MSAR, and if my math is correct and the tracker is updated, they're at 444Damn actually :/
Dodging every rejection wave gave me the weirdest cope/sense of false security.
I think you're right by nowI am pretty sure they are done interviewing for the cycle
orangecat77
Full Member
Have any accepted students gotten the UMich financial aid application yet? I submitted fafsa ages ago but still haven’t gotten it.
Turb
Full Member
Nvm, just got the rejection.i'm not a 100% sure, but they sent out 443 last year according to MSAR, and if my math is correct and the tracker is updated, they're at 444
aprilandaflower
Full Member
+1 pre-II OOS R
quirkybric2040
Full Member
i havent recieved a pre II yet. do we expect more to go out today in waves or will i just be rejected in the coming days?
Usually any decisions made from UMich have gone out all at once during the day. I would bet there will be more in the following daysi havent recieved a pre II yet. do we expect more to go out today in waves or will i just be rejected in the coming days?
Dang are they done with II's?
I haven't heard anything yet so I am/was holding on to some hope.
I haven't heard anything yet so I am/was holding on to some hope.
prouddecision
Full Member
Nobody really knows. Safe to say they are very close to being done, at a minimum. There are a lot of us riding the not-yet-rejected wave so chances are we're just waiting for our turn on the chopping block, unfortunately.Dang are they done with II's?
I haven't heard anything yet so I am/was holding on to some hope.
SpongebccbSquarepants
New Member
Those who have received A’s, congratulations! Can you share whether you provided letters of interest post-interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bigmoose324
Full Member
No II's went out today because MLK or interview season is over?
threadsign
Full Member
possibly both unfortunately ;(No II's went out today because MLK or interview season is over?
FWIW, the admissions office usually announces the end of the interview season on their X account. MLK Day or the following Monday tend to be the last dates.
But it's looking unlikely unfortunately.
But it's looking unlikely unfortunately.
Just received my A (OOS). I did not send anything pre- or post-interview. Not sure if that is uncommon or not.Those who have received A’s, congratulations! Can you share whether you provided letters of interest post-interview?
+1 OOS pre-II R.
Very fortunate to have other options but this one hurt 🙁
Very fortunate to have other options but this one hurt 🙁
ana.stomosis
Full Member
+1 OOS A 😊interviewed 12/18
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
Seems like they will just WL deferred ppl in March like what they have done before. We shall see if any will get an A after the WL.Did any deferred applicants hear anything yet?
+1 OOS pre-II R
ana.stomosis
Full Member
This sadly is not specified - I found this page by searching "UMMS Financial Aid Application" and it sent me to another site where I had to register an account and sign in from there. This DID allow me to fill in some really basic questions with no numerical info for context, but I doubt this is all we have to do in addition to submitting FAFSA to UMich Med. This particular application form looks pretty bare-bones as is, but perhaps my FAFSA hasn't been uploaded yet? I'm also a bit confused, because the "Important Next Steps" email linked the Admitted Students website, which mentions needing to finish the UMMS Financial Aid Application via Wolverine Access, which I don't yet have a login for. I'm not going to submit it until I'm sure it's correct. Weirdly, the application year for that UMMS app I started is listed as 2020-2021 for me. Despite logging in for the first time...today. It's obviously incomplete/incorrect for the time being.Have any accepted students gotten the UMich financial aid application yet? I submitted fafsa ages ago but still haven’t gotten it.
Under the Important Dates tab on the admitted students site, there is mention of an upcoming email shortly after acceptance that will ask us to verify SSNs, so my guess (or hope) is that all the pieces will fall into place once that has been submitted.
If you were accepted in an earlier wave and already did your SSN verification thingy, it's possible yours will be active and up to date! Let me know if so : )
TLDR: I believe there is more to come, but it's been stressing me too.
mouseling101
New Member
I was accepted last week and got the fin aid email this morning, I'd submitted my FAFSA in dec. but when I go to 2027 aid my portal says no documents required? Are any of y'all seeing that too?This sadly is not specified - I found this page by searching "UMMS Financial Aid Application" and it sent me to another site where I had to register an account and sign in from there. This DID allow me to fill in some really basic questions with no numerical info for context, but I doubt this is all we have to do in addition to submitting FAFSA to UMich Med. This particular application form looks pretty bare-bones as is, but perhaps my FAFSA hasn't been uploaded yet? I'm also a bit confused, because the "Important Next Steps" email linked the Admitted Students website, which mentions needing to finish the UMMS Financial Aid Application via Wolverine Access, which I don't yet have a login for. I'm not going to submit it until I'm sure it's correct. Weirdly, the application year for that UMMS app I started is listed as 2020-2021 for me. Despite logging in for the first time...today. It's obviously incomplete/incorrect for the time being.
Under the Important Dates tab on the admitted students site, there is mention of an upcoming email shortly after acceptance that will ask us to verify SSNs, so my guess (or hope) is that all the pieces will fall into place once that has been submitted.
If you were accepted in an earlier wave and already did your SSN verification thingy, it's possible yours will be active and up to date! Let me know if so : )
TLDR: I believe there is more to come, but it's been stressing me too.
derardoxtor
New Member
Was coming to ask the same question!I was accepted last week and got the fin aid email this morning, I'd submitted my FAFSA in dec. but when I go to 2027 aid my portal says no documents required? Are any of y'all seeing that too?
ana.stomosis
Full Member
yep I am seeing this too. I think I was just being impatient because the deadline seems pretty close, but I assume the systems just need some time to get the identification info we provided + our individual Michigan ID#s + all the FAFSAs received since the cycle began to associate with the right accounts. If it's not resolved by next week I will definitely be more concerned, but rn, I think things just... take time?I was accepted last week and got the fin aid email this morning, I'd submitted my FAFSA in dec. but when I go to 2027 aid my portal says no documents required? Are any of y'all seeing that too?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
orangecat77
Full Member
So I got the SSN request on 1/5 and I ended up getting access to the UMMS financial aid application / document upload last week on 1/19. Definitely seems like there’s a big of a delay but it comes eventually!yep I am seeing this too. I think I was just being impatient because the deadline seems pretty close, but I assume the systems just need some time to get the identification info we provided + our individual Michigan ID#s + all the FAFSAs received since the cycle began to associate with the right accounts. If it's not resolved by next week I will definitely be more concerned, but rn, I think things just... take time?
ana.stomosis
Full Member
Thank you for confirming!So I got the SSN request on 1/5 and I ended up getting access to the UMMS financial aid application / document upload last week on 1/19. Definitely seems like there’s a big of a delay but it comes eventually!
Mugiwara Luffy
Full Member
+1 OOS A, that video was awesome and hilarious
jumpingdog278
New Member
Any idea when deferred MSTP decisions come out?
Neur0Ninja
Full Member
The adcom runs the group chat so they add all the admitted students at the same time. I think it took 1-2 weeks to be added after admission but don't worry you'll be addedCan someone drop/PM me a link to the accepted students GroupMe?
marathoner_15
Full Member
Me too... i'm treating it as an R 🙁Deferred -> Waitlist today
orangecat77
Full Member
+1 IS Full Tuition Scholarship offer!! Ahhh I can’t believe this is real life!!!
OnToMedSchools
Full Member
Does anyone know if they are done notifying about scholarships? I havent received anything yet and I fear I may have to choose another school if I dont get some help. Michigan is my #1 sadly. 😢
There may be another wave coming after students have to commit. Some folks with scholarships may go elsewhere, and then their awards will be redistributed. I wouldn't withdraw just yet if you/re not in a time crunch.Does anyone know if they are done notifying about scholarships? I havent received anything yet and I fear I may have to choose another school if I dont get some help. Michigan is my #1 sadly. 😢
Hi! Are any current students active on here I could speak to?
OrphanAnnieEyez
Full Member
Current student, happy to answer questions (I PM-ed you!)Hi! Are any current students active on here I could speak to?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Over on admit, word on the street is that UM overadmitted this year. There have been reports from quite a few admitted folks that they are getting aid offers for them to defer to next year.Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist, or heard anything about how many people are likely to be taken from the waitlist? Assuming I'm out of contention but just want the closure.
Take that with as big a grain of salt as you'd like, but doesn't seem overall positive for waitlisters, sorry 🙁
I can't even be mad at that, they should do some kind of study on outcomes for people who take the aid versus keep their spot because that's such a weird position to be in.Over on admit, word on the street is that UM overadmitted this year. There have been reports from quite a few admitted folks that they are getting aid offers for them to defer to next year.
Take that with as big a grain of salt as you'd like, but doesn't seem overall positive for waitlisters, sorry 🙁
SpongebccbSquarepants
New Member
Congrats! Were you regular MD or MD-PHD?got the call at 3:00 pm on the dot
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
Likely MD-PhD, their MD class is fullllllCongrats! Were you regular MD or MD-PHD?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
