You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Michigan
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
slippysalamander03
Full Member
+1 OOS pre-II R 😎
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How are people getting notified of the R? I've been mainly checking the portal and my status is still:
"APPLICATION COMPLETE -- Your file is now complete and under review. Reviews may take up to several months and could include some 'on hold' time while we evaluate competencies across all applicants in order to put together a balanced and diverse class. Thank you in advance for your patience during this lengthy period of time."
"APPLICATION COMPLETE -- Your file is now complete and under review. Reviews may take up to several months and could include some 'on hold' time while we evaluate competencies across all applicants in order to put together a balanced and diverse class. Thank you in advance for your patience during this lengthy period of time."
shinymagikarp
Full Member
Email. From Dr. Deborah Berman. It's the exact same as last year's rejection too lolHow are people getting notified of the R? I've been mainly checking the portal and my status is still:
"APPLICATION COMPLETE -- Your file is now complete and under review. Reviews may take up to several months and could include some 'on hold' time while we evaluate competencies across all applicants in order to put together a balanced and diverse class. Thank you in advance for your patience during this lengthy period of time."
Thanks. Does the portal update too?Email. From Dr. Deborah Berman. It's the exact same as last year's rejection too lol
StayPositive23
Full Member
+1 IS Pre-Interview R, Complete 07/10
slippysalamander03
Full Member
Under "view checklist" it should display your current status (not sure how long it takes to update from the time of the email/decision)Thanks. Does the portal update too?
certainhacienda31
Full Member
I got my A in October and indeed received a letter and some other things in the mail a couple of weeks later. Maybe it just hasn't arrived?Last year’s thread said they got them + personalized handwritten postcard from Dean Teener. I was looking forward to it :’(
Maybe I should email Dean Carol for us all:I got my A in October and indeed received a letter and some other things in the mail a couple of weeks later. Maybe it just hasn't arrived?
"Dear Dean Carol,
I am lonely and single and thus will not receive any gifts for Christmas this year because I will be spending it alone.
If you would please send one of those handwritten postcards like last year, it would make my entire holiday season.
Thank you, and I hope you enjoy a much less unhinged break than I’m clearly having.
Cheers and Go Blue!
TAC"
What do yall think? 😂💀
prouddecision
Full Member
Did all these Rs come early this morning or are they actually trickling in all day?
slippysalamander03
Full Member
I received mine at 8:15 am ESTDid all these Rs come early this morning or are they actually trickling in all day?
calmingdown1109
Full Member
I heard that UMich is willing to give application advice to rejected applicants, is there any truth to that?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JacquelineStaci
Full Member
Pre II R OOS 😎
supawoman87
Full Member
No I just emailed them and they wrote this back “We are unable to provide feedback appointments to those who did not receive an interview invitation or an offer of admission from our school.”I heard that UMich is willing to give application advice to rejected applicants, is there any truth to that?
This is new for this cycle and is very sad to see.No I just emailed them and they wrote this back “We are unable to provide feedback appointments to those who did not receive an interview invitation or an offer of admission from our school.”
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
Is this a recession indicatorThis is new for this cycle and is very sad to see.
pulsatilepony
Full Member
Hillary Duff releasing music in 2025 was a recession indicator, this is just how it goes...Is this a recession indicator
calmingdown1109
Full Member
man, that sucks. thanks for the reply though! on to the next!No I just emailed them and they wrote this back “We are unable to provide feedback appointments to those who did not receive an interview invitation or an offer of admission from our school.”
Well I got on this thread to ask if they were done sending out invites, but you just gave me some hope. Also complete end of July.+1 IS II!!! Submitted end of July.
Anyone know if UMich appreciates letters of interest at all? I submitted 06/29 and have gotten past every R wave so far but no II.
pulsatilepony
Full Member
Based on tweet today it seems like we can expect some more #UMichMedMondays in JanuaryWell I got on this thread to ask if they were done sending out invites, but you just gave me some hope. Also complete end of July.
They will send II's first week of January, after which it will most likely be a bloodbath of R's everyday. Typically they don't stop sending II's until mid-late January.Based on tweet today it seems like we can expect some more #UMichMedMondays in January
They accept all types of letters, but letters of interest usually don't do much at these top programs. Would be better to send an update. However, this late in the cycle its worth throwing up some hail Mary's.Anyone know if UMich appreciates letters of interest at all? I submitted 06/29 and have gotten past every R wave so far but no II.
I saw they sent out 15 more II this morning. They won't be sending any more II until the New Year begins
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got mine about a week ago. Personalized letter + handwritten note + some keyboard stickers. 🙂Has anyone from the November acceptances got their acceptance letter in the mail yet? I'm just excited to have something physical!
EllaEnchanted248
Full Member
+1 OOS Pre-II R
SilentCavalier
Full Member
+1 OOS pre-II R
pulsatilepony
Full Member
+1 OOS Pre-II R, gonna miss Michigan Mondays. Good luck y'all!
Godspeed Diego pavia enjoyer🫡+1 OOS Pre-II R, gonna miss Michigan Mondays. Good luck y'all!
prouddecision
Full Member
In the wise words of Pavia, F the voters+1 OOS Pre-II R, gonna miss Michigan Mondays. Good luck y'all!
orangecat77
Full Member
Sooo are we feeling pretty confident that decisions for November interviews will come out tomorrow?
norefridgerator8930
New Member
+1 OOS A! A current student called to let me know 🙂 interviewed in November!
Zdawg122248
New Member
+ 1 OOS A! I interviewed 11/20 and received the acceptance email/video earlier today.
orangecat77
Full Member
+1 IS A yesterday!!! Ahhh!!!! It still doesn’t feel real!!
orangecat77
Full Member
Also for future waves I got the email at noon exactly+1 IS A yesterday!!! Ahhh!!!! It still doesn’t feel real!!
Do you think a Letter of Intent or update letter means anything? I send the update the week before my interview and the week after submitted a Letter of Intent? IS December interviewer with 79 LMThey accept all types of letters, but letters of interest usually don't do much at these top programs. Would be better to send an update. However, this late in the cycle its worth throwing up some hail Mary's.
SpongebccbSquarepants
New Member
Do these guys accept update letters pre/post II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doofusloofus
New Member
when should we expect dec interview decisions to come out?
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
likely end of January. They typically do decisions within 4-6 weekswhen should we expect dec interview decisions to come out?
I really thought I would be getting rejected from here at the beginning of this month, but still nothing. No II or R.
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
I am pretty sure they are done interviewing for the cycleI really thought I would be getting rejected from here at the beginning of this month, but still nothing. No II or R.
There might be super mini waves like last Mondays which only had 5. I get the impression they’d say something if it was done done. Could be wrong thoughI am pretty sure they are done interviewing for the cycle
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
