You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Michigan State
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
RedSwinglineStapler
Full Member
Sorry to hear that postey10… just remember a med school cycle is not for the weak, so just applying means you’re stronger than you think. When one door closes, another will open! You’ve got this!IS Alternate List 11/4
Pretty sad.
hermoninny
Full Member
IS Alternate List 11/4
Pretty sad.
So sorry to hear this [emoji17] just know that you getting this far means you’re a great applicant, I hope you hear good news soon
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lebronto123
New Member
is there a specific day they give out acceptances?
is there a specific day they give out acceptances?
They said 6-8 weeks after interview but if you don’t hear back by New Years (if you interviewed today) you should reach out
hermoninny
Full Member
They said 6-8 weeks after interview but if you don’t hear back by New Years (if you interviewed today) you should reach out
Dang till new years?? Praying the wait is worth it for y’all, they told us mid October peeps 6-8 weeks too and I’m on the third week now 🫠
So I got into another school, and I am waitlisted here. I contacted MSU admish and they said they usually dont pull people off the waitlist until about a week before the April 30th deadline and then continue sometimes up to matriculation. First of all calling cap because I know someone who got waitlisted and pulled off in january recently but my question is, because MSU is my top choice, does anyone know if once that April 30th deadline passes I can both hold an acceptance at the other school and stay on the waitlist here or if I have to take myself off the waitlist here.
icecream67
New Member
So I got into another school, and I am waitlisted here. I contacted MSU admish and they said they usually dont pull people off the waitlist until about a week before the April 30th deadline and then continue sometimes up to matriculation. First of all calling cap because I know someone who got waitlisted and pulled off in january recently but my question is, because MSU is my top choice, does anyone know if once that April 30th deadline passes I can both hold an acceptance at the other school and stay on the waitlist here or if I have to take myself off the waitlist here.
- Out of respect for other applicants, if you receive an offer of acceptance from more than one school or program:
- Withdraw your acceptance from any school or program you do not plan to attend as soon as you have made that decision;
- On or before April 15, narrow your selection(s) to no more than three schools or programs, and withdraw your acceptance(s) from all other schools or programs; and
- On or before April 30, choose the school or program to which you plan to matriculate and promptly withdraw your acceptances from all other schools or programs.
- If you receive additional acceptances following April 30, it is your responsibility to promptly notify any school(s) you have decided to not attend. Your decision should be made by the deadline established by the medical school(s).
- To the extent you have not already done so in furtherance of paragraphs 9 and 10, above, withdraw your acceptance(s) from all other schools or programs as soon as you matriculate at a U.S. or Canadian school or program. For the purposes of these protocols, matriculation means that a student has begun a pre-matriculation program, attended orientation immediately preceding enrollment, or enrolled in classes at a medical school.
Commander17
Full Member
OOS II Today LM 70!
futured0ct0rr
Full Member
congrats & best of luck in your interview! when were you complete?OOS II Today LM 70!!
hermoninny
Full Member
Any new round of acceptances?
infinitemusix
Full Member
Probably too late to apply right?
Probably too late to apply right?
icecream67
New Member
You don't have to withdraw from waitlists. You have to withdraw acceptances.So I got into another school, and I am waitlisted here. I contacted MSU admish and they said they usually dont pull people off the waitlist until about a week before the April 30th deadline and then continue sometimes up to matriculation. First of all calling cap because I know someone who got waitlisted and pulled off in january recently but my question is, because MSU is my top choice, does anyone know if once that April 30th deadline passes I can both hold an acceptance at the other school and stay on the waitlist here or if I have to take myself off the waitlist here.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futured0ct0rr
Full Member
you can look at the SDN interview feedback for each schoolIs there a website that includes all medical schools with sample interview questions?
hermoninny
Full Member
Praying we hear back before Thanksgiving [emoji2972]
ShrimpinMD
Full Member
Pre-II R today OOS
medicalbaddie
Full Member
According to cycletrack, at least 4 people got Rs today. Any other updates?
hermoninny
Full Member
Just got the A! IS, interviewed oct 2nd!
Congratulations [emoji323]
RedSwinglineStapler
Full Member
OOS A! Was called this afternoon. I’m. Over. The. Moon!
Wishing for all you other amazing applicants happy Friday news as well!!!
Wishing for all you other amazing applicants happy Friday news as well!!!
hermoninny
Full Member
OOS A! Was called this afternoon. I’m. Over. The. Moon!
Wishing for all you other amazing applicants happy Friday news as well!!!
CONGRATULATIONS [emoji1376] when did you interview if you don’t mind me asking?
RedSwinglineStapler
Full Member
Thank you! I don’t mind at all. Student interview and MMI were on 10/29 and 10/30, respectively.CONGRATULATIONS [emoji1376] when did you interview if you don’t mind me asking?
medicalbaddie
Full Member
OOS A!! So excited, interviewed 10/29
meduser1224
Full Member
Hoping and praying for good news! My secondary was submitted forever ago. I am dying waiting MSU. 🙁
meduser1224
Full Member
Why do you say so if you don't mind me asking? Was it the atmosphere or just not having the best day? So sorry, we are most critical of ourselves. I am sure there was a handful of things they still found amazing about you. You've worked so hard and have come so far.Worst interview so far rip
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why do you say so if you don't mind me asking? Was it the atmosphere or just not having the best day? So sorry, we are most critical of ourselves. I am sure there was a handful of things they still found amazing about you. You've worked so hard and have come so far.
I personally was not feeling great physically from the get go. The MMIs, although mostly pretty standard, I felt like the interviewers would rather be somewhere else. I also wasn’t on top of my game so chances are I wasn’t being very engaging. They also really wouldn’t try to engage in conversation if we finished a bit early which I thought was odd, but that may be what they were told to do. My last interviewer though was so awesome, they really made it worthwhile and made me feel better about the less than optimal day
hermoninny
Full Member
I personally was not feeling great physically from the get go. The MMIs, although mostly pretty standard, I felt like the interviewers would rather be somewhere else. I also wasn’t on top of my game so chances are I wasn’t being very engaging. They also really wouldn’t try to engage in conversation if we finished a bit early which I thought was odd, but that may be what they were told to do. My last interviewer though was so awesome, they really made it worthwhile and made me feel better about the less than optimal day
I second the part where some of the interviewers didn’t ask follow-up questions or engage in conversation, so there were some stations where we ended early. I also had a few interviewers who made me feel so much better! Overall, I’m feeling kind of meh about my interview for similar reasons, but hopefully it’s like you said and something they were supposed to do. We tend to be harsh critics of ourselves esp as pre meds in a competitive process.
That being said, even if the interview went super well or meh, they do review our entire application again along with the interview comments and we truly don’t know how all that factors into making a decision.
If anything, I learned that as much as we try to predict and make sense of what goes on behind closed doors we always miss the mark [emoji1787] they’re not even reviewing applications in the order of interview date. This goes to myself before everyone else, but we should let go of what we can’t control or understand and just meditate till we get our answers 🫠
I second the part where some of the interviewers didn’t ask follow-up questions or engage in conversation, so there were some stations where we ended early. I also had a few interviewers who made me feel so much better! Overall, I’m feeling kind of meh about my interview for similar reasons, but hopefully it’s like you said and something they were supposed to do. We tend to be harsh critics of ourselves esp as pre meds in a competitive process.
That being said, even if the interview went super well or meh, they do review our entire application again along with the interview comments and we truly don’t know how all that factors into making a decision.
If anything, I learned that as much as we try to predict and make sense of what goes on behind closed doors we always miss the mark [emoji1787] they’re not even reviewing applications in the order of interview date. This goes to myself before everyone else, but we should let go of what we can’t control or understand and just meditate till we get our answers 🫠
Love this! Keep preaching facts [emoji119]
Did you get an acceptance email yet? Or any change in the portal?IS A today 🙂 completed 7/21, interview 10/16
LM 69
Nope, I’m assuming it will come during the week?Did you get an acceptance email yet? Or any change in the portal?
hermoninny
Full Member
I’m coming up to my 5th week after interviewing and no news yet 🥹 please MSU, choose me. Love me.
same here, this wait is brutal but we’re in it together hermoninny!I’m coming up to my 5th week after interviewing and no news yet 🥹 please MSU, choose me. Love me.
hermoninny
Full Member
THE WAIT IS NOW OVER [emoji30] finally my first A, got the call this afternoon! PRAYING YOU ALL GET GREAT NEWS AS WELL 🤍
IS, LM 74, interviewed 10/22
IS, LM 74, interviewed 10/22
Last edited:
RedSwinglineStapler
Full Member
Congrats!!! Perfect news before the holiday!THE WAIT IS NOW OVER [emoji30] finally my first A, got the call this afternoon! PRAYING YOU ALL GET GREAT NEWS AS WELL 🤍
That is great news! I am so happy for you!THE WAIT IS NOW OVER [emoji30] finally my first A, got the call this afternoon! PRAYING YOU ALL GET GREAT NEWS AS WELL 🤍
IS, LM 74, interviewed 10/22
hermoninny
Full Member
That is great news! I am so happy for you!
Thank you postey!! praying you hear wonderful news soon as well [emoji1374]
Congrats!!!THE WAIT IS NOW OVER [emoji30] finally my first A, got the call this afternoon! PRAYING YOU ALL GET GREAT NEWS AS WELL 🤍
IS, LM 74, interviewed 10/22
AspiringSurgeon1212
Full Member
OOS R 11/22 - LM 67
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hermoninny
Full Member
Interviewed 10/22 and I could’ve sworn they said we’d know by Thanksgiving, getting verrrry nervoussss. Hoping the long wait isn’t a bad sign
I interviewed the same day, I feel your pain 🥲 they told me when they called that the acceptances for October are slowly trickling in and it’s taking them some time to get through them before the holidays, so she told me even though they’re giving calls, the acceptance email is taking a couple days to send. The delay is nerve wracking but I hope you get a call soon 🤍
Thank you!! That’s definitely reassuring info. Keeping my fingers crossed 💚I interviewed the same day, I feel your pain 🥲 they told me when they called that the acceptances for October are slowly trickling in and it’s taking them some time to get through them before the holidays, so she told me even though they’re giving calls, the acceptance email is taking a couple days to send. The delay is nerve wracking but I hope you get a call soon 🤍
lebronto123
New Member
is there accepted students gc?