You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Commonwealth (Geisinger)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
has anyone heard back after a September interview at GCSOM?
anyone know if the interview is closed or open file?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think the earliest they will send decisions is in mid-October or something like that.has anyone heard back after a September interview at GCSOM?
Shoutout Geisinger for sending me mail info about their MD program like they didn’t reject me already 💀
OOS postcard in the mail lol. Please give me an II 🥹
OOS pre II R today
TheQuibblerClinician
Full Member
OOS Pre-II rejection 😆😍
I was rejected here Pre II on 9/25. A couple days ago I received an informational package from the school in my mail detailing why I should apply lol.. can't say I didn't laugh a little. I'm also out of state.
When do people who interviewed in Oct intend to submit letters of update/intent/interest?
i would wait till november at least, typically admissions atk 6-8 weeks+ for a decision. id say 8 weeks post interview at the minimum and that's if you are a super strong applicant and fit for the programWhen do people who interviewed in Oct intend to submit letters of update/intent/interest?
gracieeeeee101
Full Member
hi does anyone know when september interviewees should expect to hear back?
robot_soup
Full Member
Last year it was October 16th, which is when many schools released their first A (the equivalent of tomorrow in this cycle) so maybe soon!!hi does anyone know when september interviewees should expect to hear back?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
scrubz
Full Member
First As not IIsLast year it was October 16th, which is when many schools released their first ii (the equivalent of tomorrow in this cycle) so maybe soon!!
robot_soup
Full Member
oops yes my bad, fixed it!First As not IIs
Anyone know what time they will email about As?
robot_soup
Full Member
no I'm getting antsyAnyone know what time they will email about As?
stinkygirl203
Full Member
Deferred
Anyone know if there’s still a chance if you get deferred?
I would look at last year’s GCSOM thread! It seems some people did get As after a deferral
D
deleted1187872
IS A!
gracieeeeee101
Full Member
For the people hearing back, what date was your interview?
stinkygirl203
Full Member
9/9For the people hearing back, what date was your interview?
9/4For the people hearing back, what date was your interview?
OOS A
OOS A
Congratulations!! When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
robot_soup
Full Member
+1 Deferred.
Is this like being waitlisted?
Is this like being waitlisted?
09/04Congratulations!! When did you interview?
gluggaveður
Full Member
OOS A! Interview 09/09
golgibody787
Full Member
Has anyone else who was complete in July heard nothing back? I was complete 7/26 and not received an II or an R. I know Rs have been rolling out, should I be expecting one or are IIs still being given out?
7/16 and nothing tooHas anyone else who was complete in July heard nothing back? I was complete 7/26 and not received an II or an R. I know Rs have been rolling out, should I be expecting one or are IIs still being given out?
lllllvvvvssss
Full Member
congrats!!! did you hear back through email or mail?IS A!
D
deleted1187872
congrats!!! did you hear back through email or mail?
gluggaveður
Full Member
Just a ton of MMI practice. Dr. Shemmassian and Kevin Ahern has a bunch of great resources on how to approach interview questions (both MMI and behavioral) - I would watch/read that and grab a friend or family member who can conduct (a ton of) mock interviews with you + provide honest feedback. Being able to articulate your thought process is key.Any tips for the interview? I am scheduled for this upcoming Friday (10/25).
Does anyone know if geisinger release decisions weekly or do they do waves? I interviewed in mid september and didn't hear back on tuesday so just trying to get a sense of when i could hear back. Congrats to everyone accepted this week!!
Itriedmybest
New Member
IS Deferred as well. When would it be appropriate to send a letter of intent/update letter, as this is my number 1 school? I have significant research and volunteering updates that should be useful.
lllllvvvvssss
Full Member
when did you interview?IS Deferred as well. When would it be appropriate to send a letter of intent/update letter, as this is my number 1 school? I have significant research and volunteering updates that should be useful.
Maxfv441
New Member
I appreciate this thank you!Just a ton of MMI practice. Dr. Shemmassian and Kevin Ahern has a bunch of great resources on how to approach interview questions (both MMI and behavioral) - I would watch/read that and grab a friend or family member who can conduct (a ton of) mock interviews with you + provide honest feedback. Being able to articulate your thought process is key.
Itriedmybest
New Member
Sep. 4when did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NSFF
Full Member
Does anyone know if the in person day is mandatory? Do they hold applications if you don’t go? Is there anyone who got accepted that didn’t go?
The recruitment day is not mandatory, and going or not going will not influence your application decision. Since interviews are all virtual now, they just want to show students what the school and its curriculum look like and give students a glimpse of their active learning pedagogy.
D
deleted1175312
OOS II 10/21, LM 68, submitted 7/26. Thought it was another invite to the scholars program at first lol