You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Commonwealth (Geisinger)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
does anyone know if they notify people with 2025 interview dates if people that are in earlier dates cancel?
nanamistyy
Full Member
yes, people wore business casual! but also, wear comfortable shoes. a lot of walking.Random question but for those who attended the last recruitment day, I’m wondering what you wore lol. Do people usually dress business casual?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
delusional_optomist
Full Member
OOS R with in-state ties (went to undergrad in rural PA) complete 8/19. Wishing you all better luck than I had!
best of luck! post interview or pre?OOS R with in-state ties (went to undergrad in rural PA) complete 8/19. Wishing you all better luck than I had!
delusional_optomist
Full Member
Pre-II R for mebest of luck! post interview or pre?
bothyam1442
Full Member
Do they send a second confirmation email with more info about the interview? First initial email has no info about the interview and Interview tab only shows 6 slots for MMI, is there an introduction or something beforehand?
catinsomehats
Full Member
I interviewed on 11/25 and didn't receive an email with any information until 11/19. Had scheduled it back in September or October. There's nothing specifically to prepare for other than general MMI prep and you'll receive all the information later on when it gets closer to the interview date.Do they send a second confirmation email with more info about the interview? First initial email has no info about the interview and Interview tab only shows 6 slots for MMI, is there an introduction or something beforehand?
bothyam1442
Full Member
Thank you!I interviewed on 11/25 and didn't receive an email with any information until 11/19. Had scheduled it back in September or October. There's nothing specifically to prepare for other than general MMI prep and you'll receive all the information later on when it gets closer to the interview date.
catinsomehats
Full Member
Best of luck to you 🙂Thank you!
robot_soup
Full Member
does anyone know if folks actually get off the deferral list before april/may or is it more like a soft waitlist?
I know it says that applicants can be accepted during the cycle off the alt list... but does it really happen in the wild? lol
I know it says that applicants can be accepted during the cycle off the alt list... but does it really happen in the wild? lol
Last edited:
anyone get that abigail email?
nanamistyy
Full Member
yes i had a heart attack thinking it was a decision email 😭anyone get that abigail email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
witheredmorningstars
Full Member
I interviewed earlier, I saw their website says we should hear back in 6-8 weeks, it has been 8 weeks, but I only received their abigail email. Does anyone know if I should email them? Or would they be expecting interest/update letter before decision? Thanks!
sunny1717
Full Member
It’s also been a little over 8 weeks since I interviewed, I’m hoping maybe tomorrow since it looks like the last round went out on a Friday. You don’t have to send an update or interest letter in order to get a decision.I interviewed earlier, I saw their website says we should hear back in 6-8 weeks, it has been 8 weeks, but I only received their abigail email. Does anyone know if I should email them? Or would they be expecting interest/update letter before decision? Thanks!
witheredmorningstars
Full Member
Did you hear back last Friday? 🙂 I haven'tIt’s also been a little over 8 weeks since I interviewed, I’m hoping maybe tomorrow since it looks like the last round went out on a Friday. You don’t have to send an update or interest letter in order to get a decision.
anyone hear back who interviewed 10/7?
noanyone hear back who interviewed 10/7?
sunny1717
Full Member
no, not yetDid you hear back last Friday? 🙂 I haven't
nanamistyy
Full Member
OOS A!!!! interviewed 10/14!
OOS deferral, interviewed 10/7
since committee meets thursdays any chance any more decisions will happen this friday?
were you ever deferred?OOS A, interviewed 9/04! This was such a nice surprise
Yeah I was deferred in the first wave of decisions. Never sent a letter of interest afterwards either so I’m honestly shockedwere you ever deferred?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
witheredmorningstars
Full Member
OOS deferral, interviewed 10/14, guess should send update and interest letter
ofincidentallymetric
Full Member
IS deferral
frustrated
frustrated
Just some advice for people getting deferred, I interviewed the very first day of interviews and got deferred the first wave of decisions. I got accepted yesterday, so there is hope. It's honestly best to stay calm because only after I stopped stressing did I get an A. Hoping the best for all of you!
AspiringSurgeon1212
Full Member
Anyone who interviewed 11/4 hear back yet?
laceyjorts
New Member
Nope. Looks like we'll have to wait until mid-January at the earliest 🙁Anyone who interviewed 11/4 hear back yet?
lllllvvvvssss
Full Member
how do you know they meet thursdays?since committee meets thursdays any chance any more decisions will happen this friday?
ofincidentallymetric
Full Member
I appreciate it. Thank you.Just some advice for people getting deferred, I interviewed the very first day of interviews and got deferred the first wave of decisions. I got accepted yesterday, so there is hope. It's honestly best to stay calm because only after I stopped stressing did I get an A. Hoping the best for all of you!
looneytunes2000
Full Member
Does anyone know if attending the Recruitment Day is necessary? Has anyone who didn’t attend one been accepted? It’s difficult for me to make it the next one and I want to gather more info on it
Last edited:
Not sure if this is helpful info, but I attended one and got deferred. I don't really think attending is factored into decisions.Does anyone know if attending the Recruitment Day is necessary? Has anyone who didn’t attend one been accepted? It’s difficult for me to make it the next one and I want to gather more info on it
OOS Pre-II R. Sent an update on Sunday - rejected on Tuesday lol
AspiringSurgeon1212
Full Member
Anyone else frantically refreshing their email?
is today the day?Anyone else frantically refreshing their email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AspiringSurgeon1212
Full Member
Based on Cycle Track, acceptances have been going out ~mid month on the 15th/16this today the day?
ofincidentallymetric
Full Member
i was deferred last month (dec) on the 17th. it seems like its either friday or tuesdays for them from what i've seenBased on Cycle Track, acceptances have been going out ~mid month on the 15th/16th
Let us see!Tomorrow's the day Scranton is gonna get its finest new batch.
laceyjorts
New Member
So... no decisions today? Does that mean we'll have to wait until mid-February?
AspiringSurgeon1212
Full Member
Hopefully not, does anyone have any insight on this?So... no decisions today? Does that mean we'll have to wait until mid-February?