You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Commonwealth (Geisinger)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Dang looks like Geisinger is prioritizing IS applicants right now? Did anyone who submit in the end of July and is OOS here back from them?
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
So far 4 OOS II have been reported here, so they’re definitely being sent out. i know it’s hard seeing other people post II’s but be patient— it’s only august. If I had to guess, less than 30% of total IIs have been sent out so farDang looks like Geisinger is prioritizing IS applicants right now? Did anyone who submit in the end of July and is OOS here back from them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not upset or concerned by it, its just something I've noticed where a lot of the OOS applicants who did get IIs submitted secondaries in late June and early July whereas the IS applicants have gotten IIs regardless of submission date.So far 4 OOS II have been reported here, so they’re definitely being sent out. i know it’s hard seeing other people post II’s but be patient— it’s only august. If I had to guess, less than 30% of total IIs have been sent out so far
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
True. A whopping 465/847, 55%, of in-state applicants were interviewed while 318/4802, just 6.6%, of OOS applicants are interviewed. But yeah, only four OOS II's have been posted here out of 318 so anyone who hasn't gotten an OOS-II yet is far from cooked.I'm not upset or concerned by it, its just something I've noticed where a lot of the OOS applicants who did get IIs submitted secondaries in late June and early July whereas the IS applicants have gotten IIs regardless of submission date.
Edit: It's often said that PA isnt a very good state for favoring in-state residents but this data is pretty compelling for the opposite.
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
Rizz in the SDN chat, OK, I see you FPN, I see youThank you, my Queen
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
Love is in the air.Rizz in the SDN chat, OK, I see you FPN, I see you
sockscat19
Full Member
yes i got my II on 8/11 and i submitted 7/23. i am oosDang looks like Geisinger is prioritizing IS applicants right now? Did anyone who submit in the end of July and is OOS here back from them?
anapplicantlol
New Member
To the people with interview invites this past week/yesterday, what were the earliest dates they gave for an interview?
Last edited:
end of october, good long time to prepare!To the people with interview invites this past week/yesterday, what were the earliest dates they gave for an interview?
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
I wouldn't worry too much about rolling admissions this early-- if they sent you an II in August you're in a pretty good spot.To the people with interview invites this past week/yesterday, what were the earliest dates they gave for an interview?
IS II yesterday, LM 76, complete 7/2
Would it be too late to submit my secondary here? I added this school as a late add
nah, submitting before labor day is on time!Would it be too late to submit my secondary here? I added this school as a late add
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed 2025-26
Full Member
just got an interview, anyone have issues scheduling it says "Interview scheduling is unavailable at this time".
regularguy12
Full Member
You need to sign the Web Interview agreement firstjust got an interview, anyone have issues scheduling it says "Interview scheduling is unavailable at this time".
exoticcookie
Full Member
did anyone here get an interview without a released PREVIEW score?
cheesefries03
Full Member
I did! Mine wasn't released until a few weeks afterdid anyone here get an interview without a released PREVIEW score?
blearybear
Full Member
I did not take PREVIEW and got an interview, if that makes you feel better!did anyone here get an interview without a released PREVIEW score?
exoticcookie
Full Member
Ok great! I was asking because on their website it says that they use PREVIEW as a part of admissions consideration but it’s also not required. I ended up taking the PREVIEW late and still don’t have a score so I wanted to know if that would hold me back from getting an interview. Congrats on getting an interview!!I did not take PREVIEW and got an interview, if that makes you feel better!
cheesefries03
Full Member
has anyone done the interview yet? if so, howd it go?
sockscat19
Full Member
does anyone know if not attending the in-person recruitment session would come across as a lack of interest? i live across the country so it isn't rlly feasible for me with work and all.. but worried not attending will dampen my chances.
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
Attending could help demonstrate interest (+ useful in the event that they ask you why you'd like to attend Geisinger in the interview), but not attending likely wouldn't hurt, if that makes sense.does anyone know if not attending the in-person recruitment session would come across as a lack of interest? i live across the country so it isn't rlly feasible for me with work and all.. but worried not attending will dampen my chances.
Like they wouldn't hold it against you, but may admire the dedication.
Last edited:
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
Hope you get some good news on october 15th!Just joined but going back in time:
+1 IS II 9/15, app complete 9/2, interview completed 9/22. LM 70.2. For reference, I’m a re-app and this school was my only interview -> WL last year!
anotherpremed2341
New Member
Does anyone know what a pre-II hold/deferred interview decision means for this school at this point in the cycle?
Didn’t even know they did this, think it’s new since I saw nothing on it in previous threads. Typically if a school emails you the decision it is more final and a soft R, but there is no data on how this school treats them.Does anyone know what a pre-II hold/deferred interview decision means for this school at this point in the cycle?
anotherpremed2341
New Member
Thank you!Didn’t even know they did this, think it’s new since I saw nothing on it in previous threads. Typically if a school emails you the decision it is more final and a soft R, but there is no data on how this school treats them.
Nah dude I'm a dummy, thought this was a different thread and totally looked at wrong school's history. Either way, my point about the email is generally true.Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
miaphil
New Member
What's happening 10/15?Hope you get some good news on october 15th!
First day most schools send A’sWhat's happening 10/15?
D
deleted1199420
GG deferred too next meeting. Had the same crap last year and they deferred me all year long. Had high hopes for this school but it seems like they just don’t like me
Swiftlions
Applicant
Got deferred to next meeting about half an hour ago. IS interviewed 09/10
regularguy12
Full Member
Deferred
+ OOS II 🥹
For those who interviewed already, how would you describe the comfort level of the interview/s? I’m really nervous about the MMI format :/
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
As with any MMI interview there may be some interviewers that you are more/less comfortable with, but it balances out since there are multiple stations.For those who interviewed already, how would you describe the comfort level of the interview/s? I’m really nervous about the MMI format :/
Does anyone who interviewed remember if we’re encouraged to send a thank you to anyone from the interview day? I think I remember them explicitly saying don’t send thank yous to anyone but I wanted to make sure
zoroisthebest
Full Member
you're explicitly not allowed to reach out to your interviewers. If you want, you can send a thank you letter to the med admissions emailDoes anyone who interviewed remember if we’re encouraged to send a thank you to anyone from the interview day? I think I remember them explicitly saying don’t send thank yous to anyone but I wanted to make sure
+1 OOS II LM69
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! If you don't mind sharing, when did you submit your secondary?+1 OOS II LM69
Last edited:
Sure! Submitted mine on 08/18
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K