2024-2025 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought they were very selective with who gets the group session II. I hope I don't have to go all the way out there just to get waitlisted or rejected because of my performance on Kira.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes it is guaranteed, speaking of the group session, I just signed up and only 2 dates were available, both in September. Kind of strange to hold it over a month out from the Kira assessment
I interviewed yesterday and haven't seen anything about the group session yet. Is the group session guaranteed or do they screen the interview part first?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed yesterday and haven't seen anything about the group session yet. Is the group session guaranteed or do they screen the interview part first?
No screen, anyone who does the Kira assessment will do the group interview. They just take 1-2 days to send the invite for the group one. Important to note it's not actually a group interview, it's really just a Q&A, but it is required to attend.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes it is guaranteed, speaking of the group session, I just signed up and only 2 dates were available, both in September. Kind of strange to hold it over a month out from the Kira assessment
I emailed them about future dates cause when I checked last week, there were 3 dates being offered for August, and I wasn't sure if I could attend any. They said that they typically add dates about 3 weeks out for when the new month gets posted. So not always they will be a month out, I think some dates just go more quickly than others.

Just be aware, your app won’t be forwarded on for a decision without completing the group activity.

Reactions: 1 user
I completed my Kira assessment on 8/1/24, still haven't received an email to sign-up for the group session. Should I be worried?

I completed my Kira assessment on 8/1/24, still haven't received an email to sign-up for the group session. Should I be worried?
I wouldn't worry, especially since a bulk of the time that has passed was over the weekend. I'm sure end of day today or tomorrow you'll hear something

When is the earliest group session?
There were only options for 9/5/24 and 9/12/24. I tried registering for the 9/5 date multiple times but got an error message (tried different browsers as well) so I just registered for 9/12 and that went through without a problem.

• Care
What was the subject line of the group event email? Did my Kira on 7/30 and still no email :(

What was the subject line of the group event email? Did my Kira on 7/30 and still no email :(
I did Kira 7/31 and received group email 8/2. Subject line was "Des Moines University - Your Interview Next Steps"

Members don't see this ad :)
for people that have ii here how long did it take? i just submitted this school last week so was curious

Did you ever get yours? I did my kira on 8/3 and nothing yet
Back when I applied, I think it took 7-10 days to get the group invite. Could vary from person to person though. Don’t let it stress you out, just keep checking your email and spam folder.

• Care
Did you ever get yours? I did my kira on 8/3 and nothing yet
No luck 🤪 I caved and emailed to ask if I'd missed any communications - I should apparently hear back soon by email :,) Can't wait

No luck 🤪 I caved and emailed to ask if I'd missed any communications - I should apparently hear back soon by email :,) Can't wait
I think there are more than a few of us waiting. I was hoping they were working on scheduling more virtual sessions, then they'd send the invite! Let us know what you hear.

• Care
Same here. I interviewed on 8/3 and have not heard anything. I have also reached out. I will update you all if I hear anything.

Did Kira on 8/2 and didn't get the group invite until a week later. It sounds like they also added more dates into oct which could've caused a wait to send out more invites.

Just got the group session invite- no more September sessions. They made October sessions

Received the group session invite (post kira interview) too. Good luck to everyone.

I still have not been marked complete and I submitted it back in the middle of June. I contacted admissions twice and they said to keep waiting and that I was complete. Is this normal?

I still have not been marked complete and I submitted it back in the middle of June. I contacted admissions twice and they said to keep waiting and that I was complete. Is this normal?
We're in the same boat I think lol still haven't heard back on group session, submitted 7/31. Nothing to do at this point but wait.

We're in the same boat I think lol still haven't heard back on group session, submitted 7/31. Nothing to do at this point but wait.
You did the Kira interview on 7/31? And still haven’t gotten the group session email?

I did my Kira Assessment last week but the only dates available for my interactive event were October. They sent me merch in the meantime. I think that's a good thing but confused why the interactive event is so far out.

Did Des Moines send out waves of interviews last year? I regrettably submitted a month after opening

My portal says “initial review of application required” after pressing action required? Is this normal?

My portal says “initial review of application required” after pressing action required? Is this normal?
yeah if your sure u submitted everything like ur letters, mcat, transcript, etc, It would still show not received for the status for around a week, at least for mine it did. However, in like 5 days, it changed to completed.

Anyone with interview invites yet for those who submitted their secondary app around august? Also what is this group interview session?

sup yall I'm a 1st year free to answer any questions you might have here or in dm's! (sorry if it takes me a bit to get back to you we have our first exam on monday)

Anyone know what I can expect for the in person group session?

Has anybody received a package with items to "show your DMU pride" before their second interview? Appreciate this community and everyone's contributions!

like a package from the mail?
Yes, after you register for the group session, they email you a link where you can put your address and they send a package, I have not actually gotten mine yet so I'm not too sure what's in it.

Yes, after you register for the group session, they email you a link where you can put your address and they send a package, I have not actually gotten mine yet so I'm not too sure what's in it.
oh lol I missed that - barely filling it out now

I am having the same thing, submitted over 2 weeks ago and worried.

How much is the Secondary Application fee?
Also, I’m wondering why I keep getting emails from DMU saying “Thank you for your interest in our program”
I didn’t even know about the school. Is that common?