You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Duke
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Clinical year is Pass/Fail. There is no ranking.Hello Everyone,
I am wondering if any current students know if the clinical year is Duke Pass/Fail unranked.
I've seen information online saying it is still graded P/HP/Honors but I thought the entire curriculum was P/F unranked as per surgery clerkship student guidebook I saw on their website and another SDN thread.
Please let me know. Thank you!
Warmly,
pinkpanda10
Duke enables you to find the best version of yourself, giving you the latitude to explore career pathways early and often. People are happy here. The faculty are beyond supportive. I feel like I belong.
If you think Duke is a place you'd enjoy attending, submit the secondary. Don't self-select out. Give it your best shot and let the admissions committee decide.
Good luck on Duke interviews y’all, it’ll be great! Hope to see y’all here next year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bold-and-brash-
Full Member
+1 OOS II last night at 11:58pm!! They're up late grinding on the billion essays they have to read 😭
D
deleted1180326
IS or OOS?MD II yesterday, complete 8/15!
TheHelper74
Full Member
+1 OOS MD II Complete 7/21 LM 77
Congrats! Big week!
ISIS or OOS?
Echoing the best of luck on Duke's interview for you all! Biggest piece of advice I have is to not let an MMI station trip you up, just take a quick breather and move on to the next one. I thought I bombed two stations at mine and it ended up making no difference in hindsight. Admissions is more interested on how you answer the questions and your thought process vs actually getting the "right" answer.
Feel free to @ me if you have Duke specific questions!
Feel free to @ me if you have Duke specific questions!
Last edited:
majestic_chair
Full Member
+1 OOS II, LM 77, complete 7/23
Splogies
Full Member
+1 OOS II, LM 77, complete 7/23
Congrats!! Just now?
majestic_chair
Full Member
Yes it came in around 930 last night!Congrats!! Just now?
GoofyGoober2
Full Member
+1 IS II @ 9:00 pm last night lol, LM 77, complete 7/21 - so stoked because this is my number one school, gl to everyone interviewing.
I had my regular interview 9/16 and just got an invite for a phone interview for the PCLT! Has anyone else already interviewed and received this invite as well? Should I take it to mean that my interview went well or do they have everyone do two interviews if they apply for it? Maybe too difficult to really know!
D
deleted1180326
me begging for one interview here and OP is goated with two 🫨I had my regular interview 9/16 and just got an invite for a phone interview for the PCLT! Has anyone else already interviewed and received this invite as well? Should I take it to mean that my interview went well or do they have everyone do two interviews if they apply for it? Maybe too difficult to really know!
upperdeckystimmy
Full Member
+1 OOS II, LM 77, complete 7/20
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
misterslack
Full Member
Good luck with your interviews!! If anyone has any questions about the program, let me know. I absolutely love it here. Duke really did an amazing job choosing the class. Y’all got this 😊
restingduck
Full Member
+1 OOS II, LM 84, complete 7/23
meticulousex36
Full Member
+1 OOS II just now! Complete 7/29 LM 81.4 [emoji847]
BIG DAWG+1 OOS II just now! Complete 7/29 LM 81.4 [emoji847]
upperdeckystimmy
Full Member
Where are we supposed to send thank you letters to? I remember they said something about the admin email but I couldn't find it anywhere
I sent mine to the admissions committee email address, the same one that they've been using to communicate with usWhere are we supposed to send thank you letters to? I remember they said something about the admin email but I couldn't find it anywhere
Do they call for interviews or just email?
I only received an email.Do they call for interviews or just email?
when you submit your secondary do you get a confirmation email?
Yes, I got confirmation right away.
it’s been like over an hr since i submitted and haven’t gotten one, my portal says it’s completed and being reviewed. should i worry?? 🥲🥲🥲Yes, I got confirmation right away.
Over an hour ??it’s been like over an hr since i submitted and haven’t gotten one, my portal says it’s completed and being reviewed. should i worry?? 🥲🥲🥲
yesOver an hour ??![]()
I never got a confirmation in July! But it said on the portal "Your supplemental application has been completed. Your application is now being reviewed by a set of independent screeners on our admissions committee."it’s been like over an hr since i submitted and haven’t gotten one, my portal says it’s completed and being reviewed. should i worry?? 🥲🥲🥲
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You’re expecting something instant be realistic
when you submit your secondary do you get a confirmation email?
it says on their website that “You will not receive a confirmation email once your application is submitted.” if it says it’s completed and submitted in the portal then that’s the confirmation
it’s been like over an hr since i submitted and haven’t gotten one, my portal says it’s completed and being reviewed. should i worry?? 🥲🥲🥲
I think you should be fine. As long as it says it is being reviewed. I just checked again and yes I got an email stating I made a payment and it’s submitted and being reviewed on July 14th. I don’t think you should panic.
D
deleted1180326
Does anyone have any advice for this interview? Thanks!
I just got a call— II!!! This school is absolutely incredible so I’m so so excited!!!
D
deleted1180326
a call for an II, damn they must really want uI just got a call— II!!! This school is absolutely incredible so I’m so so excited!!!
I just have to say, your number of IIs is very, very impressive. Congratulations, young person. This is well deserved. Someday, others could benefit from your experience and insight, because you are among maybe a quarter of one percent of applicants who get that many IIs. May your cycle outcome be everything you hoped it would be!I just got a call— II!!! This school is absolutely incredible so I’m so so excited!!!
Thank you so much for the kind words! I’ll definitely be sticking around SDN long after my cycle is over to offer as much help and positivity as I can.I just have to say, your number of IIs is very, very impressive. Congratulations, young person. This is well deserved. Someday, others could benefit from your experience and insight, because you are among maybe a quarter of one percent of applicants who get that many IIs. May your cycle outcome be everything you hoped it would be!
A lot of people like to rag on SDN for being neurotic, but it’s such a helpful resource and is a great way to generate camaraderie in this long and difficult process.
I hope your son ends up at his dream school as well! 🙂
D
deleted1125342
You're the actual goat broThank you so much for the kind words! I’ll definitely be sticking around SDN long after my cycle is over to offer as much help and positivity as I can.
A lot of people like to rag on SDN for being neurotic, but it’s such a helpful resource and is a great way to generate camaraderie in this long and difficult process.
I hope your son ends up at his dream school as well! 🙂
meticulousex36
Full Member
I just got a call— II!!! This school is absolutely incredible so I’m so so excited!!!
Wait why is this so damn cute?! A call?? Omg
Last edited:
You’re too kind 🥺🫶Wait why is this so damn cute?! A call?? Omg
If this was going to happen to anyone on here, probably all of SDN is so happy it’s you 🫶[emoji2533]
mr. macrophage you’re a legendI just got a call— II!!! This school is absolutely incredible so I’m so so excited!!!
treepuzzle
New Member
+1 II OOS this morning!! I was not expecting it at all, but I am so happy! Complete 7/28
If anyone has any questions about the interview feel free to message me, although overall it was a very positive experience.
These next couple weeks should have some more activity!! Last few weeks schools been preparing post-II decisions… now it’s back to the drawing board 🙂) have faith!!So far no interview at all from any college. Anyone on the same boat. Freaking out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1180326
Got an II earlier, submitted early augHas anyone who submitted in August heard back yet?
eggfriedrice
Full Member
yes! submitted mid augustHas anyone who submitted in August heard back yet?
According to cycletrack.org, we are barely halfway through Duke's cycle of extending IIs. They generally do not extend IIs in order of secondary submission. The people who got early IIs are either extremely high stat or have a very unique story/background/"fit." Duke is working its way down the staircase; your stair may still be within the range they will get to. Don't lose hope!does anyone know when we should start assuming we've been passed over? I submitted 7/31 and haven't heard anything 🙁 LM 78 and utterly suffering bc Duke is my top choice 🙁
D
deleted1184116
thanks for this 🙂 really appreciateAccording to cycletrack.org, we are barely halfway through Duke's cycle of extending IIs. They generally do not extend IIs in order of secondary submission. The people who got early IIs are either extremely high stat or have a very unique story/background/"fit." Duke is working its way down the staircase; your stair may still be within the range they will get to. Don't lose hope!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K