You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 East Carolina U (Brody)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1043440
Currently fighting a (losing) battle to get my physics prereqs approved here, but I will say in our conversation they shared that “we have received an overwhelming number of applications for this cycle.” So they’re probably still looking through a lot!
Had a very similar issue with my prereqs. Was there a resolution?
Cobie
Full Member
Nope :,( feel free to message me, but I have taken many upper level engineering classes which are just physics content essentially. However, they said this does not meet their requirement….Ive gone back and forth a bunch with them and may just give up at this point, but I love the school so am still thinking.Had a very similar issue with my prereqs. Was there a resolution?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know/think Brody will make any acceptance offers around October 15? In past years it seems that they have but things seem late this year 😕
D
deleted1198366
received completed gateway activities today; submitted secondary August 29
wafflesrgod
Full Member
Gateway activities complete email today. Secondary submitted 9/18
scientisticy5325
Full Member
+1 II LM 70
IS II YESTERDAY!! So excited 😊😊 LM 70
loveneurology1200
Full Member
Hey, when did you receive your “Application Complete” email?+1 II LM 70
loveneurology1200
Full Member
Hey, when did you receive your “Application Complete” email?IS II YESTERDAY!! So excited 😊😊 LM 70
Got my first acceptance just a few minutes ago 🙂they just called and said they were accepting me
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing which day you interviewed?Got my first acceptance just a few minutes ago 🙂they just called and said they were accepting me
I interviewed 9/24. Thank you 🙏Congrats!! Do you mind sharing which day you interviewed?
D
deleted1043440
Got my first acceptance just a few minutes ago 🙂they just called and said they were accepting me
Congrats! I thought schools couldn’t make acceptance offers until October 15th?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
robot_soup
Full Member
Can you just take the courses before matriculation? Like let them know that you are going to take them at a local community college to meet their requirement?Nope :,( feel free to message me, but I have taken many upper level engineering classes which are just physics content essentially. However, they said this does not meet their requirement….Ive gone back and forth a bunch with them and may just give up at this point, but I love the school so am still thinking.
dolphin222!
New Member
I also received an acceptance via phone call today🥹😁
Cobie
Full Member
Got my first acceptance just a few minutes ago 🙂they just called and said they were accepting me
OMG!! Congrats future doctors :,)I also received an acceptance via phone call today🥹😁
Cobie
Full Member
I think this may be my plan...I'm just frustrated because I really don't want to shell out like 2-4k for these classes when I completed AP Physics C in high school, and have taken like 10 upper level physics courses in college....very niche and personal issue but yeah 🙁 this is good advice though thank you!!Can you just take the courses before matriculation? Like let them know that you are going to take them at a local community college to meet their requirement?
Yeah I think that’s just a recommendation but I’m not really sure 🤷♂️Congrats! I thought schools couldn’t make acceptance offers until October 15th?
robot_soup
Full Member
For sure, but I think it's def more effective than going back and forth with them over email. Don't give them any reason not to let you in!!I think this may be my plan...I'm just frustrated because I really don't want to shell out like 2-4k for these classes when I completed AP Physics C in high school, and have taken like 10 upper level physics courses in college....very niche and personal issue but yeah 🙁 this is good advice though thank you!!
GoofyGoober2
Full Member
I submitted my secondary 8/11 and still haven't gotten a complete email🤣🤣🤷♂️
D
deleted1043440
I submitted my secondary 8/11 and still haven't gotten a complete email[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji2369]
Are you a NC resident? If you are, it might be worth reaching out to them. I think their admissions team is really, really small, so it’s possible something got overlooked.
scientisticy5325
Full Member
8/19Hey, when did you receive your “Application Complete” email?
D
deleted1174731
Anyone else not able to pay the deposit in PiratePort?
My only options are "Summer 11 Week", "Fall 202580", and "Spring 2025", not seeing the "Fall 2025 Medical" option as per the acceptance letter...
My only options are "Summer 11 Week", "Fall 202580", and "Spring 2025", not seeing the "Fall 2025 Medical" option as per the acceptance letter...
just_a_bagel
Full Member
IS II. Received and submitted secondary 7/30. Application complete 8/7. Interview invite 10/9.
rippedwrapper
New Member
I am not seeing it either.Anyone else not able to pay the deposit in PiratePort?
My only options are "Summer 11 Week", "Fall 202580", and "Spring 2025", not seeing the "Fall 2025 Medical" option as per the acceptance letter...
I am not seeing it either.
I paid the fall 202580 option lol I thought that was the same thingAnyone else not able to pay the deposit in PiratePort?
My only options are "Summer 11 Week", "Fall 202580", and "Spring 2025", not seeing the "Fall 2025 Medical" option as per the acceptance letter...
D
deleted1174731
PiratePortal is fixed now, should be able to pay the deposit as per the acceptance letter instructions.
@clumsycamel161 Hopefully they can refund you lol
@clumsycamel161 Hopefully they can refund you lol
😹 dang it. I’ll call them and askPiratePortal is fixed now, should be able to pay the deposit as per the acceptance letter instructions.
@clumsycamel161 Hopefully they can refund you lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
benwoodard1100
New Member
Has anybody who interviewed on October 1st or 8th heard anything?
loveneurology1200
Full Member
I got my “application complete” on 9/26, after submitting around 8/15. Did I send my secondary too late? I still haven’t gotten an II.
D
deleted1043440
Has anybody who interviewed on October 1st or 8th heard anything?
Negative. It seems like 2-3 weeks is the turnaround time based on CycleTrack and previous year threads.
D
deleted1043440
I got my “application complete” on 9/26, after submitting around 8/15. Did I send my secondary too late? I still haven’t gotten an II.
They got like 1000+ more applications this year as compared to last year, so they’re probably just moving a tad slower.
robot_soup
Full Member
I wonder why they got so many more apps... that's so curious
futureobgyn2024
New Member
I think it is because they just changed the rules on who can apply. I believe prior to this year, you had to be an NC resident with an RCN, but now you can apply if you went to a UNC system school and graduated within the last 5 years. "Recent graduates from the UNC System Institutions (within the last 5 years) are eligible for consideration, regardless of state of residence."I wonder why they got so many more apps... that's so curious
D
deleted1043440
Post interview, their email stated we can check online for status updates on your application. Does anyone know where we can check online? I checked the gateway and it didn't have anything. Thank you!
I don’t see anything. That could be leftover from a previous cycle where they used a different application website. [emoji1744]
benwoodard1100
New Member
First acceptance today!!!! How long did it take to get the formal acceptance email after the phone call?
D
deleted1043440
First acceptance today!!!! How long did it take to get the formal acceptance email after the phone call?
Congrats! If you don’t mind, did you interview the 1st or 8th? Can also message me if you don’t want to post it here.
The day after 🙂First acceptance today!!!! How long did it take to get the formal acceptance email after the phone call?
scientisticy5325
Full Member
are you talking about september or october lolCongrats! If you don’t mind, did you interview the 1st or 8th? Can also message me if you don’t want to post it here.
D
deleted1043440
are you talking about september or october lol
October. They posted a few days ago asking about updates after those interview dates.
I also got an A yesterday and interviewed on 10/1.Congrats! If you don’t mind, did you interview the 1st or 8th? Can also message me if you don’t want to post it here.
loveneurology1200
Full Member
Dang that’s crazy. Thanks!They got like 1000+ more applications this year as compared to last year, so they’re probably just moving a tad slower.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1043440
Got the A! Can't believe that I just typed that. Is there a Facebook group or GroupMe for accepted students?
Pacaketurtle
Full Member
Got the A! Can't believe that I just typed that. Is there a Facebook group or GroupMe for accepted students?
What interview day?
D
deleted1043440
Are there any current Brody students on here that I could reach out to?
D
deleted1137407
Are there any current Brody students on here that I could reach out to?
Current m1
scientisticy5325
Full Member
Congrats! What day did you interview?Got the A! Can't believe that I just typed that. Is there a Facebook group or GroupMe for accepted students?