You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 U North Carolina - Chapel Hill
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
shinymagikarp
Full Member
I think any September interviewees (including myself) will have to wait longer to hear anything unfortunately… if not this week it’ll probably be mid next month going off their current trends. It seems like they like to accept more recent interviewees after the holiday breakDoes anyone know if there has been any post II R's? I interviewed in September and am getting worried that I haven't heard anything
Same. I know they said in my interview to not worry if you hear that people who interviewed after you get accepted sooner than you. That’s the only thing keeping me sane right now lolDoes anyone know if there has been any post II R's? I interviewed in September and am getting worried that I haven't heard anything
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
johnhelldiver501
Full Member
anyone from mid october hear back?
I was mid october and am still waiting... but several As reported yesterday via admit and cycletrackanyone from mid october hear back?
mafiapickleboss
Full Member
+1 interviewed mid October and no news. I know the adcoms say its not in order but I'm lowkey losing hope 🙁I was mid october and am still waiting... but several As reported yesterday via admit and cycletrack
I have a friend who's an M1 and interviewed in Sep and didn't get the A until Feb... don't lose hope yet 🙂+1 interviewed mid October and no news. I know the adcoms say its not in order but I'm lowkey losing hope 🙁
mafiapickleboss
Full Member
Right back at u 🙏 Hope we both hear good news!!I have a friend who's an M1 and interviewed in Sep and didn't get the A until Feb... don't lose hope yet 🙂
Maybe there will be some tomorrow (hopefully). They might have had interviews todayDo we think they are done sending out As for the week?
mafiapickleboss
Full Member
There was one reported acceptance on admit yesterday, hopefully that means they are still sending outMaybe there will be some tomorrow (hopefully). They might have had interviews today
You probably can. I'd just answer the questions and be engaging in your responses. Standard interview prep is probably all you need to do, nothing special. I wouldn't stress about it, literally the best interview experience I've ever had (as in any interview not just for med school)Hi, does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for the interview?
If it's three traditional interviews, will I roughly be saying the same things for each one?
antibioticresistance19
Full Member
does anyone know if the interviews are open file or closed file? thanks in advance!
I think someone said they were closed.does anyone know if the interviews are open file or closed file? thanks in advance!
100% closeddoes anyone know if the interviews are open file or closed file? thanks in advance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wannabedoctor0129
Full Member
I haven't. I thought I heard that too.Anyone heard anything about the scholarship or financial aid application? I thought I remembered them mentioning they’d send it out in January, but I haven’t heard anything.
Is it a soft R if I haven’t heard anything since my interview in October as a OOS applicant?
Considering the massive OOS R wave/s, I'd say if you weren't part of those, you're still in the running.Is it a soft R if I haven’t heard anything since my interview in October as a OOS applicant?
Are the waves post II waves?Considering the massive OOS R wave/s, I'd say if you weren't part of those, you're still in the running.
Any post II rejections reported yet?
johnhelldiver501
Full Member
seems like they start doing that in Feb/March based on admit.org from last cycle.Any post II rejections reported yet?
johnhelldiver501
Full Member
no idea, in the same boat but for October... I think they will start releasing post-II WL's and R's soon based off 2024-2025 admit.orgAnyone have any idea as to when the next decision wave will happen? I’m going crazy as a September interviewee
kevindurantfan35
New Member
Any gc for accepted students?
Same here. It looks they usually release decisions sporadically over the next couple months until end of March/early April for rejections or WL.Anyone have any idea as to when the next decision wave will happen? I’m going crazy as a September interviewee
livelaughlove3
Full Member
no one has made one...you could be the one!Any gc for accepted students?
Interviewed mid jan (week of 1/18)… anyone at this or a similar interview date remember when they said we could possibly hear back? Can’t find my notes but I feel like I remember them saying it could be anytime over the next few months (lol). I do know chapel hill is a notoriously poor communicator tho
rabbitthunderstorm68
New Member
The website says we should all hear back by early April (Timeline for Current Applicants | Office of Admissions)
Yes I’m aware. Was curious if we can expect any decisions during the in between before they have to designate everyone one way or another.The website says we should all hear back by early April (Timeline for Current Applicants | Office of Admissions)
Historically, they release waves of As in the weeks leading up to the mass WL/R/A wave in early AprilYes I’m aware. Was curious if we can expect any decisions during the in between before they have to designate everyone one way or another.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe they said mid march to early aprilInterviewed mid jan (week of 1/18)… anyone at this or a similar interview date remember when they said we could possibly hear back? Can’t find my notes but I feel like I remember them saying it could be anytime over the next few months (lol). I do know chapel hill is a notoriously poor communicator tho
johnhelldiver501
Full Member
seems like chapel has been quit recently. wonder when they're gonna start up for Feb...
wait is unc rejecting rn? saw on admit someone got rejected post ii
EdisonEinstein-
Full Member
The fact that it was only one rejection reported makes me think it may have been a mistake. I also saw that post on admit.wait is unc rejecting rn? saw on admit someone got rejected post ii
broccolicheddarsoup14
Full Member
i think the person interviewed for the mstp program its in their namewait is unc rejecting rn? saw on admit someone got rejected post ii
IS A just now! Interviewed 12/11.
wannabedoctor0129
Full Member
Does anyone know when people tend to receive financial aid packages from UNC?
certainhacienda31
Full Member
OOS A! Interviewed 1/8
happycat2026
New Member
Congrats! Call or portal/email?OOS A! Interviewed 1/8
+1 IS A 1/8 interview
I feel like there was some movement the last week of February historically as well. So maybe then. But there’s still hope for the rest of the week😭If y’all had to guess (I know no one truly knows), will the next round of acceptances likely be on the second weds of March, as the last 2 have been, or sooner?
certainhacienda31
Full Member
Call around 11am ET!Congrats! Call or portal/email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RodentLover
New Member
+1 OOS (sort of, lived in NC 2 years and survived Helene so) A! Interviewed 12/2
happycat2026
New Member
+1 IS A! Interviewed 1/8 and just got the call!
broccolicheddarsoup14
Full Member
congrats when did you interview?OOS A! Received a call 🙂 congrats everyone
Invited mid-october and actually interviewed 12/4!congrats when did you interview?