You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 U North Carolina - Chapel Hill
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
johnhelldiver501
Full Member
this waiting game is so agonizingly slow. I'm not even sure what decision to expect at this rate.i just gotta say-for unc being ranked in the top #25 for med schools in the nation-their communication is awful.
Remember to fill out every part of the portal if you wish to accept, there was a $100 "deposit" place holding fee!blacked out during the A call yesterday. does anyone remember when we'd get more info / email / portal updates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah i read the email lmaoRemember to fill out every part of the portal if you wish to accept, there was a $100 "deposit" place holding fee!
Hey! MS1 here, yeah we do have class M-F, so we are required to be in-person but the schedule varies day by day. Sometimes we're only on campus for 2 hrs and sometimes 7. We get lots of breaks in between though.Does anyone have insight to the attendance policy? Are you required to be on campus M-F? I’m finding conflicting info online
jdave31133
New Member
Saw some acceptances on admit.org. Do you guys think this is the last wave of acceptances since its almost april?
picklemartini
New Member
Hello, Friendly M1! Could you share if the clusterf*** of an admissions process is indicative of our four years ahead? I'm nervous to attend now given how poorly this was run compared to other schools I applied to. Is it all smooth sailing once you're in?Hey! MS1 here, yeah we do have class M-F, so we are required to be in-person but the schedule varies day by day. Sometimes we're only on campus for 2 hrs and sometimes 7. We get lots of breaks in between though.
hailmary9331
Full Member
wondering the same thingSaw some acceptances on admit.org. Do you guys think this is the last wave of acceptances since its almost april?
I'm keeping my hopes alive until the end of March bc based on previous cycles (and someone mentioning this earlier in the thread), they seem to spend out acceptances sporadically throughout March.Saw some acceptances on admit.org. Do you guys think this is the last wave of acceptances since its almost april?
shinymagikarp
Full Member
With that optimism I hope you do get in, keep those spirits up! We got this.I'm keeping my hopes alive until the end of March bc based on previous cycles (and someone mentioning this earlier in the thread), they seem to spend out acceptances sporadically throughout March.
hailmary9331
Full Member
how many people are in the incoming class groupme?
199. coupla admins/m1s i believehow many people are in the incoming class groupme?
I have been told that it is a random WL, it is large, and it is relatively hard to get off of :/Preparing for WL/R, does anyone know how much it moves for instate applicants or how they utilize the waitlist?
That being said I know several M1s there who got off of it! So def not hopeless, but I'd prepare for the worst
johnhelldiver501
Full Member
IS WL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futureobgyn2@24
Full Member
+1 IS WL, declining my spot, hope it goes to one of y'all <3
picklemartini
New Member
+1 IS WL. I guess they spent all this time writing an incredibly eloquent WL email?
shinymagikarp
Full Member
+1 IS Post-II R
johnhelldiver501
Full Member
Well it was a good run, I doubt UNC's waitlist has a lot of movement. Might be best to not think about this school anymore atp. Good luck to everyone 🙂
mountainbright
Full Member
Thank you for the info! How do you feel about the attendance schedule? I know people say it’s best to choose a school with optional attendance, but didn’t know how much weight that should hold.Hey! MS1 here, yeah we do have class M-F, so we are required to be in-person but the schedule varies day by day. Sometimes we're only on campus for 2 hrs and sometimes 7. We get lots of breaks in between though.
KingSoloKing
New Member
There is, you can find it in the acceptance letter in your AMP portal.does anyone know if there is an accepted students group? trying to find roommates...
medschoolhopeful15!
New Member
Hi! Has anyone attending tried to submit transcripts through Parchment? I don’t see the SOM listed on there, but am wondering if I am missing something. Excited to meet everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sillysuns26
New Member
Since May 1st is a friday, maybe the week after?
johnhelldiver501
Full Member
I'm really curious to see if the WL movement would be any different than previous cycles given the IS tuition is probably a lot more appealing now with the passing of the BBB...
mountainbright
Full Member
I am wondering the same thing!Hi! Has anyone attending tried to submit transcripts through Parchment? I don’t see the SOM listed on there, but am wondering if I am missing something. Excited to meet everyone!
It looks like a few ppl were admitted over the weekend on Admit.org, manifesting we get some good news soon🙏Do yall think that the waitlist will move on May 1st or do we need to wait till the week after?
medstudent1525
Full Member
Still no waitlist movement here?
medstudent1525
Full Member
Is there just going to be no waitlist movement here?
Someone on Admit said there was waitlist movement this past weekend but unsure because no one using the website reported the acceptanceIs there just going to be no waitlist movement here?
TrekToMD
New Member
I didn't see anyone mention waitlist movement this past weekend on Admit. At least on the UNC school forum. I have seen people referencing two weekends ago (May 2nd) where there was waitlist movement. Hopefully we can see more movement this week 🙂Someone on Admit said there was waitlist movement this past weekend but unsure because no one using the website reported the acceptance
FWIW, the student aid office is very behind on getting offers and COA out to students. Most of us in the GroupMe haven't gotten any word yet, and some have recieved their aid packages. I bet this is not only slowing down fin-aid but impacts the WL movement too, as some of us are stuck in limbo. Once more is rolling here I bet there will be more information!
Sorry, but I thought PTE deadline requires all applicants to narrow it to down to one medical school and rescind all other acceptances?FWIW, the student aid office is very behind on getting offers and COA out to students. Most of us in the GroupMe haven't gotten any word yet, and some have recieved their aid packages. I bet this is not only slowing down fin-aid but impacts the WL movement too, as some of us are stuck in limbo. Once more is rolling here I bet there will be more information!
Yes, so it's very cheeky they didn't complete financial packages before that deadline. Now I don't have any leverage from my other acceptances for negotiating aid. You can have PTE and not yet select CTE. CTE makes you remove your WLs too.Sorry, but I thought PTE deadline requires all applicants to narrow it to down to one medical school and rescind all other acceptances?
medstudent1525
Full Member
Do you mind sharing how many people are currently in the GroupMe?FWIW, the student aid office is very behind on getting offers and COA out to students. Most of us in the GroupMe haven't gotten any word yet, and some have recieved their aid packages. I bet this is not only slowing down fin-aid but impacts the WL movement too, as some of us are stuck in limbo. Once more is rolling here I bet there will be more information!
225, and I would guess ~10 are current students/ admin?Do you mind sharing how many people are currently in the GroupMe?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jkliopuhnm
New Member
+1 IS Acceptance call on a saturday morning. Got off the waitlist in case you guys are keeping track
Last edited:
Congratsss!!!! also maybe someone answered already but was it a chapel hill area code?+1 IS Acceptance call on a saturday morning. Got off the waitlist in case you guys are keeping track
jkliopuhnm
New Member
Yes it isCongratsss!!!! also maybe someone answered already but was it a chapel hill area code?
Congrats! Was it your interviewer who called you or the adcom?Yes it is