2025-2026 U North Carolina - Chapel Hill

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2025-2026 UNC - Chapel Hill Secondary Essay Prompts:
Check your secondary invitation email carefully for a
deadline!

1: Describe an experience where you attempted a task and realized during the process that you were not ready for it. How did this experience impact your approach to trying new things? (250 words)

2: How will your life experiences foster a positive educational environment and benefit your future patients? (250 words)

3: Discuss your involvement in a service activity that has impacted your understanding of healthcare and your desire to pursue a career in medicine. (250 words)

4: What motivates you to apply to the UNC School of Medicine? (250 words)



Good luck to all applying!

Interview Feedback:
 
Last edited:
+1 IS secondary
Prompt 1: Describe an experience where you attempted a task and realized during the process that you were not ready for it. How did this experience impact your approach to trying new things? (250 words)

Prompt 2: How will your life experiences foster a positive educational environment and benefit your future patients? (250 words)

Prompt 3: Discuss your involvement in a service activity that has impacted your understanding of healthcare and your desire to pursue a career in medicine. (250 words)

Prompt 4: What motivates you to apply to the UNC School of Medicine? (250 words)

@wysdoc
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my rec letters (a letter packet from my school) say received if i click the hyperlink in the portal, but I still see a red x next to the rec letters column. anyone else experiencing this?
 
+1 OOS MSTP. In addition to the MD questions, they also ask you to list faculty you are interested in for interviewing (no explanations needed) and explain they key factor you look for in MD/PhD training
 
+1 OOS
In the portal they state: "While answering these questions, please include new information about yourself that is not included in your AMCAS application. Thank you!" Does this just mean to approach activities at angles different from the primary activity descriptions or do we completely new activities?
 
For their pre-recs, they just want us to have 30 credit hours in the stem courses right? Nothing specific like "2 semesters of biology lab"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wait what is the 7/30 deadline?
it's not letting me open the application and this was in their email "You will need to submit your supplemental application by the following deadline date: 7/30/2025 11:59:59 PM EST. If you do not submit your application by the deadline, you will be administratively withdrawn."
 
it's not letting me open the application and this was in their email "You will need to submit your supplemental application by the following deadline date: 7/30/2025 11:59:59 PM EST. If you do not submit your application by the deadline, you will be administratively withdrawn."
I'm going to assume it's pretty strict. If you got your secondary on July 16, it's a two week turnaround time. Email them just in case!
 
it's not letting me open the application and this was in their email "You will need to submit your supplemental application by the following deadline date: 7/30/2025 11:59:59 PM EST. If you do not submit your application by the deadline, you will be administratively withdrawn."
I'm sorry the deadline hit you before you were ready. There are a few med schools with a stated expectation of a very prompt return like this.
I'm going to put a note in the first post of this thread about checking for it.
 
Hi guys! I am trying to submit my secondary, but when I try to pay the application fee it says there is an error and my card can't be authorized? I know the issue is not my cards and I have tried a couple. Is this happening to anyone else/ do you know how to fix it?
 
Anyone had problems with NC RDS instate residency thingy? I submitted secondary on 26th and found out my RDS application was not processed so I had to fix it last week to get confirmed as a NC resident. Not sure if that will affect their review process. I sent them an email and no response so far. 😢 Not sure what I can do at this point super worried! Is it bad idea to call the admissions office?
 
Last edited:
Hi, I'm prepping for the interview season was wondering if anyone here could share their interview experience at UNC Chapel Hill or if had any details about how they "might" be changing the format this year?


P.S. Asking for a friend.
 
Mind me ask about the MCAT or LM? Submitted on the same date, I'm really hoping to get an interview. IDK if they pass your submission date in sending out invites, if that means they may come back to you, or if it's a sign you will likely not get an interview
 
+1 II IS last tuesday! also wanted to ask - does anyone know if they're only doing traditional interviews this year? In the email they sent they've said there are 3 x 20 min traditional interviews, but on their website / MSAR they have MMI/group and traditional interviews?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 II IS last tuesday! also wanted to ask - does anyone know if they're only doing traditional interviews this year? In the email they sent they've said there are 3 x 20 min traditional interviews, but on their website / MSAR they have MMI/group and traditional interviews?
I’m confused on this as well. It looks like now their website says that it’s just traditional. The II email also only mentioned trad interviews and no MMI. So I have no idea.
 
I had to click the check box for I wont share any of the information from my interview first, it popped up as an extra tab after i uploaded my ID
Still having some issues with this - where is the box for sharing any info about the interview? This did not show for me. Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad