You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Howard
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thanks for sharing this info!Hey guys, just got back from First Friday. They stated that they aren’t even halfway through sending interview invites and expect to continue throughout April. Keep hope alive!
But OMG that’s a long time to wait 🫠🫠 but here’s to some more waiting and hoping 🤞🏼
manojoblanco!
Full Member
As long as you have not gotten that rejection email, you are still playing the game!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
allgoodthings
Full Member
I think they just want it done in january so i would just say as soon as possibleJust wondering, for students who have been accepted, when is the certiphi background check due?
I believe it’s closed file. It’s a traditional interview with one interviewer, takes about 40 minutes (depending on your interviewer it could be shorter). I don’t remember all the questions I was asked but for sure you want to prepare for: tell me about yourself, why medicine, why howard, where do yourself in 5/10 years, and talking about your weaknesses. If you have any questions pm me! I didn’t want to leave a super long responseCan anyone speak to the interview format? open or closed? one or multiple interviewers? etc? Thank you!
CaptainPrez831
Full Member
Honestly it’s really quick. I didn’t see a date but it took like 30 minutes maxJust wondering, for students who have been accepted, when is the certiphi background check due?
CaptainPrez831
Full Member
I think it’s partially open. My interviewer said my major and I didn’t tell her. One interviewer with general questions.Can anyone speak to the interview format? open or closed? one or multiple interviewers? etc? Thank you!
D
deleted1205944
OOS II today! Thank you GOD! 🎉
soontobemed_
Full Member
Application reviewed email just received, late submission. praying for the best 🙌🏽
Congrats and good luck!!OOS II today! Thank you GOD! 🎉
When were you complete?
D
deleted1205944
Thank you!!! I got the app reviewed email 10/13!Congrats and good luck!!
When were you complete?
That's great! Around when did you submit? Curious as to how far along they are.Application reviewed email just received, late submission. praying for the best 🙌🏽
Last edited:
soontobemed_
Full Member
submitted secondary mid NovemberThats's great! Around when did you submit? Curious as to how far along they are.
am i cooked? got the reviewed email back around 9/12
edit: I realized 9/12 was 4 months ago, I'm screwed lmao
edit: I realized 9/12 was 4 months ago, I'm screwed lmao
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ohdoctorrrrrrr
New Member
Congrats!! When did you interview?OOS A!!!!
rosieroses1423
LET ME INNN LET ME IIIINNNNN
Hi! I also submitted my secondary in the first week of November and got my application reviewed email 12/17. Now we pray and wait for an interview invite LOLsubmitted secondary mid November
rosieroses1423
LET ME INNN LET ME IIIINNNNN
YAYYYYY CONGRATS FUTURE DOC!!!OOS A!!!!
rosieroses1423
LET ME INNN LET ME IIIINNNNN
We got this!! It's a really nerve-wracking waiting game but it will be worth it 🙂Thanks for sharing this info!
But OMG that’s a long time to wait 🫠🫠 but here’s to some more waiting and hoping 🤞🏼
I'm fully in the same boat. Submitted secondaries 8/13, AMCAS reviewed email was 9/23. No news yet...am i cooked? got the reviewed email back around 9/12
edit: I realized 9/12 was 4 months ago, I'm screwed lmao
Futuredoc714
New Member
OOS A on January 1[emoji2395]th! Interviewed on January [emoji2396]th.
A on January 17th!! Does anyone know if there’s an accepted students GroupMe?
Has anyone received a confirmation email after they sent an update?
sent an update back mid november and nope!Has anyone received a confirmation email after they sent an update?
Has anyone received a confirmation email after they sent an update?
Last month the staff shared they are behind on emails so most likely why it’s been quiet.They also mentioned that they were 2 months behind on emails, which is why if you submitted an update letter they haven't responded. They are down a person in the admissions office so I expect things to move even slower than normal.
It did seem like they don't really want/like update letter if they arent very substantial
OOS A today, interviewed 1/14!!! appreciate a school with a quick post-interview turnaround
rosieroses1423
LET ME INNN LET ME IIIINNNNN
Currently still radio silence. I am wondering if anyone is in a similar boat as me (secondary reviewed 12/17)? HUCM is my top choice and I'm really letting nerves get to me
thegranddoc
Full Member
My secondary review was complete on 10/7 and I’m still waiting too, the pressure is getting worserrrr 😭Currently still radio silence. I am wondering if anyone is in a similar boat as me (secondary reviewed 12/17)? HUCM is my top choice and I'm really letting nerves get to me
adrianX
Full Member
Same, Losing hope fr😭😭My secondary review was complete on 10/7 and I’m still waiting too, the pressure is getting worserrrr 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kingbryce123
New Member
OOS A today, interviewed in October.
I actually got an email back todayAnd has anyone gotten responses from emailing them?
When did you email them? I have emailed them and have not heard from them.I actually got an email back today
I sent a letter late DecemberWhen did you email them? I have emailed them and have not heard from them.
is there an accepted students groupme?
allgoodthings
Full Member
yes, you they will send you an email with a link to a facebook group and you can find the group me in there.is there an accepted students groupme?
How many people are in the group chat now?yes, you they will send you an email with a link to a facebook group and you can find the group me in there.
Elite-Water
Full Member
Are the II coming in slower than previous years? I feel like they haven't interviewed that many people.
manojoblanco!
Full Member
+1They said my app was “received and reviewed” 9/12 but I haven’t heard anything from them. :/
95How many people are in the group chat now?
I just got a reply and I sent an email in NovemberWhen did you email them? I have emailed them and have not heard from them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 for november email. i have sent significant updates as well in December and January but haven't received a reply for either.I just got a reply and I sent an email in November
jasonbourne125
Full Member
I emailed an update in December and never heard back :/
soontobemed_
Full Member
what’s the class size?
about 127 according to msar but I wouldn't freak out or anything since ofc its not likely everyone will acceptwhat’s the class size?
manojoblanco!
Full Member
Don’t worry we will wait for USUHS 🫰I emailed an update in December and never heard back :/