2024-2025 Howard

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I missed the last 2 First Fridays due to a schedule conflict 🙁

I signed up another time this week, so fingers crossed it goes well and I also just sent an update letter. Man, I've never wanted to get an interview from a school this much.
Did the send you a Zoom link? I still haven't received anything
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Around 40. Keep in mind not everyone in it will attend, so there are so many more spots left. There is a reason they emphasize that stats are not everything. Also, a large portion of the previous class interviewed later in the cycle (I’ve talked to 2 that said they interviewed in March) and got in and/or came off the waitlist. And I honestly think this can apply to many other schools
Thanks for sharing all this info and congrats on your A!
 
HUCM is processing 9000k applications at the moment! Defiantly gonna have to be patient on our part as far as waiting for invites etc.
 
They also mentioned that they were 2 months behind on emails, which is why if you submitted an update letter they haven't responded. They are down a person in the admissions office so I expect things to move even slower than normal.

It did seem like they don't really want/like update letter if they arent very substantial
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They also mentioned that they were 2 months behind on emails, which is why if you submitted an update letter they haven't responded. They are down a person in the admissions office so I expect things to move even slower than normal.

It did seem like they don't really want/like update letter if they arent very substantial
Yh they said they got like 3000 emails or sumn. I would strongly encourage people not to send any more if I worked there too.
 
From what I’ve been told, they’ve been sending interviews for 510+ MCAT’s first. Then Dec/Jan onward will be sub-510 MCAT’s. But based on last years thread a lottttt of interviews went out jan/feb as well and as late as april! So keep the faith!
Can confirm this. My son completed secondary in early August (2021-22 cycle) with a sub-510 MCAT. II sent out in December for January interview.
 
Congratulations to all who've been accepted thus far! Anyone submitted their secondary around the beginning of November? It's been 5 weeks since I've got the secondary submitted email and I've been feeling anxious. I really am hoping for a response as Howard's my dream school and am wondering how long it took y'all to hear back from the secondary fully received email :')
 
^ I also have been totally checking this thread + Reddit literally after work to hear on anything ;-; but it seems according to this past First Friday, Howard's been one man down and have been delayed with emails/IIs/etc, so hopefully something soon for us waiting 🙂
 
rosieroses[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]] said:
Congratulations to all who've been accepted thus far! Anyone submitted their secondary around the beginning of November? It's been [emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]] weeks since I've got the secondary submitted email and I've been feeling anxious. I really am hoping for a response as Howard's my dream school and am wondering how long it took y'all to hear back from the secondary fully received email :')

It’s definitely anxiety inducing. Some people have been waiting since August to hear back. I think we’ve just got to wait for them to get to our apps and then hope for the best. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That part!!!! Anyone successful getting an ii by sending an update? Its the holidays and its just so anxiety inducing when this may be one of my only other opportunities besides my PWI midwestern state school
I wonder how many acceptances they’ve given out already.
 
Not much more but 8/22 🫠😩😅🤪🙃😞💩

It will be what it will be lol I’m going to pretend I’ll hear from them in March and go live my life until then 🤪🙃
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not much more but 8/22 🫠😩😅🤪🙃😞💩

It will be what it will be lol I’m going to pretend I’ll hear from them in March and go live my life until then 🤪🙃
i looked at last cycles thread, and the first wave of rejections came the first week of january! definitely bracing myself but hoping for the best lol