You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Indiana
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Have your prerecs and letters been checked off? When did you get notified about your interviewI just received my date to interview in late August. I just need to confirm the date within seven days through the IUSM portal.
They were checked off last Wednesday. I was notified this morning regarding the interview date.Have your prerecs and letters been checked off? When did you get notified about your interview
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cookiepearwatermelon
Full Member
Are you ED or RD? Also if you don't mind when did you receive II?They were checked off last Wednesday. I was notified this morning regarding the interview date.
jerboajuice
Full Member
Got mine today at 11:43!Has anyone had an interview date scheduled since completing the supplemental?
lean.idler
Full Member
no but i'm still missing a LORHas anyone had an interview date scheduled since completing the supplemental?
cookiepearwatermelon
Full Member
I'm ED. I received II on 7/17.
Ok thanks, I was just wondering because I’m RD and received II on 7/18. Got app on within a couple hours but the only thing not checked off is coursework, but they’re probably prioritizing ED which makes sense
CyanCryptoid
Full Member
I'm still waiting. Supplemental received 7/19, submitted 7/21. Dean's Evaluation marked complete 7/26.Has anyone had an interview date scheduled since completing the supplemental?
Same here received on 7/19I'm still waiting. Supplemental received 7/19, submitted 7/21. Dean's Evaluation marked complete 7/26.
BarbieBaker
New Member
Hi, when did you receive confirmation of your primary?OOS RD II received today, LM 81, AMCAS complete 5/31
edit: no significant IN ties either
zeyaatin
Full Member
Hi, when did you receive confirmation of your primary?
7/19!
octopus4med
Full Member
Has anyone else not received an OOS secondary yet? unsure if they screen but i’m starting to worry…
Indiana does not utilize secondaries unless you've been chosen for interview! 🙂 So no need to worry.Has anyone else not received an OOS secondary yet? unsure if they screen but i’m starting to worry…
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
letmein528
Full Member
i havent even gotten the primary received email even though i was processed before transmission[emoji24]
Me neither. We have no clue how they process apps, its not necessarily a bad thing. They may send those emails as apps are put "under review." Who knows! 🙂i havent even gotten the primary received email even though i was processed before transmission[emoji24]
We just gotta be patient
Indiana does not utilize secondaries unless you've been chosen for interview! 🙂 So no need to worry.
Does this apply to MSTP too?
I don't know, I didn't apply MSTP. You can look at their website, and I'm sure they'll have your answer.Does this apply to MSTP too?
RezonateReflex
New Member
+1 IS II received today. Primary verified 07/22/24.
D
deleted1180326
any OOS applicant received NO communication at all? verified 6/21
+1, Verified 06/11any OOS applicant received NO communication at all? verified 6/21
exileinandersonville
Full Member
OOS II received 7/26, LM 81
Everything is marked complete except my prereqs, says "Prerequisits [sic] have not been met." in notes? Anyone else have this? Not sure whether this means they haven't reviewed this yet or that I don't meet their prereqs.
I did use a significant amount of AP credit, including gen chem lab/lecture and physics lecture, but IU's MSAR page indicates they accept AP. Their website says "MD Admissions Committee accepts some AP credit. The Committee strongly recommends prerequisites be completed at a 4-year university. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to determine which courses will fulfill requirements."
Not sure what to think.
Everything is marked complete except my prereqs, says "Prerequisits [sic] have not been met." in notes? Anyone else have this? Not sure whether this means they haven't reviewed this yet or that I don't meet their prereqs.
I did use a significant amount of AP credit, including gen chem lab/lecture and physics lecture, but IU's MSAR page indicates they accept AP. Their website says "MD Admissions Committee accepts some AP credit. The Committee strongly recommends prerequisites be completed at a 4-year university. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to determine which courses will fulfill requirements."
Not sure what to think.
They're notorious for being stringent about prereqs. You may need to take an additional class. Either way, you can still interview and get acceptedOOS II received 7/26, LM 81
Everything is marked complete except my prereqs, says "Prerequisits [sic] have not been met." in notes? Anyone else have this? Not sure whether this means they haven't reviewed this yet or that I don't meet their prereqs.
I did use a significant amount of AP credit, including gen chem lab/lecture and physics lecture, but IU's MSAR page indicates they accept AP. Their website says "MD Admissions Committee accepts some AP credit. The Committee strongly recommends prerequisites be completed at a 4-year university. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to determine which courses will fulfill requirements."
Not sure what to think.
berliner
Full Member
Same+1, Verified 06/11
My prerecs and letters still haven’t not been reviewed and my interview has not been scheduled.. interview notification on 7/19
ColdbrewFanatic
Full Member
+1 OOS primary app received confirmation email
Hyun Chong
Full Member
Just got verified today. Did anyone like me submit their primary on the first day and not get verified. I realized I didn’t submit my Casper score to them until last week🤦♂️ I never received a notification they were waiting on it, so I’m wondering if that delayed verification or if this is a just normal.
eggfriedrice
Full Member
I thought that they didn’t require CASPER this year? It says that it’s only recommended under their supplemental information siteJust got verified today. Did anyone like me submit their primary on the first day and not get verified. I realized I didn’t submit my Casper score to them until last week🤦♂️ I never received a notification they were waiting on it, so I’m wondering if that delayed verification or if this is a just normal.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hyun Chong
Full Member
Oh, I guess it’s just a coincidence my app got verified not long after sending them a Casper score. I hope they appreciate the 2nd quartile score lmao.I thought that they didn’t require CASPER this year? It says that it’s only recommended under their supplemental information site
commodore305
Full Member
How long has it taken for RD applicants to receive a confirmation email that they received your primary? I submitted mine 5 days ago so was just wondering.
D
deleted1194271
anyone OOS still waiting for any sort of notice from indiana?
McApple
Full Member
anyone OOS still waiting for any sort of notice from indiana?
+1 primary was verified 6/2
anyone OOS still waiting for any sort of notice from indiana?
Yeah I haven’t heard anything still
lean.idler
Full Member
just got my interview scheduled despite missing the dean's letter and all my LORs. but they're needed within 30 days
doggydog210
Full Member
just got my interview scheduled despite missing the dean's letter and all my LORs. but they're needed within 30 days
Did they send you an email? Or did you schedule it yourself in the portal?
lean.idler
Full Member
Did they send you an email? Or did you schedule it yourself in the portal?
exileinandersonville
Full Member
Update, I called the admissions office to ask. They said that "Prerequisites not met" means it hasn't been reviewed yet. If it has been reviewed, it will either say prereqs complete or they will specifically list the missing requirements in the notes section. I was told to email the admissions office about AP.They're notorious for being stringent about prereqs. You may need to take an additional class. Either way, you can still interview and get accepted
BarbieBaker
New Member
Hi, when was your amcas verified? And when did you receive the primary confirmation? Thanks!+1 OOS II, waiting to be able to schedule
hopefuldoc7381
Full Member
Hi everyone, I'm OOS applied RD and was verified by AMCAS on 6/13, had Indiana on my list when transmission happened. I haven't gotten any kind of confirmation email from them yet, wondering if I should try calling admissions? I double checked and I had already sent my CASPER score to them so it's not that. Thanks!
Hi all, I received an email from the admissions office saying that my request for the UMP program has been approved and that I can start an application for that. I'm not sure I am interested in this program. Is there a way to indidate interest for the traditional program only?
Interview scheduled for 9/4
doggydog210
Full Member
How long after the invite did you all receive the scheduling email?Interview scheduled for 9/4
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the same boat, might shoot them an emailHi everyone, I'm OOS applied RD and was verified by AMCAS on 6/13, had Indiana on my list when transmission happened. I haven't gotten any kind of confirmation email from them yet, wondering if I should try calling admissions? I double checked and I had already sent my CASPER score to them so it's not that. Thanks!
interview notice was on 7/19 so a hot minuteHow long after the invite did you all receive the scheduling email?
hopefuldoc7381
Full Member
update: emailed admissions and they said not to worry, they download and go through everything in "small batches" and I will get an email when they've started processing my application. waiting is painful ahhhHi everyone, I'm OOS applied RD and was verified by AMCAS on 6/13, had Indiana on my list when transmission happened. I haven't gotten any kind of confirmation email from them yet, wondering if I should try calling admissions? I double checked and I had already sent my CASPER score to them so it's not that. Thanks!