You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Indiana
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
pinkdolphin361
Full Member
Will we get an email letting us know if we are not selected for an interview or will they just never reach out?
+1 Application Received Email; OOS no ties; LM 72; Primary Verified 06/11
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if ED applicants are considered for merit scholarships?
solarflare1230
Full Member
I forgot to send letters till now, are they needed before or after an II? This school is confusing me lol
Last edited:
they had a zoom info session today saying they won't start interviewing until October and haven't even started reading apps yet. apparently they "just downloaded" the first batch of apps todayHas anyone received an MSTP II?
I had some sent but was missing a required one and I still received an Interview Invite.I forgot to send letters till now, are they needed before or after an II? This school is confusing me lol
Yaa Yeet
Full Member
how do you know this?They don't use letters to give out IIs. They use them after the interview to decide whether they want to give an acceptance or not. Same with CASPER scores. It is a bizarre school.
lean.idler
Full Member
mine is scheduled and i'm missing a letter still lolI called the admissions office. You don't need any letters submitted to be selected for an interview, but you do need them submitted to schedule the interview. Again, extremely bizarre.
Yaa Yeet
Full Member
no i mean how do u know they only look at the LOR and Casper scores after the interview? I thought the interviewer would already know ur casper score and have read the LORs before the interviewI called the admissions office. You don't need any letters submitted to be selected for an interview, but you do need them submitted to schedule the interview. Again, extremely bizarre.
Apparently the urban medicine program and traditional MD are separately considered so don't submit the $70 graduate application if you don't want to do UMP. Learning the hard way...
dsyi12400
New Member
What do you mean by this? I'm pretty sure you don't have to do the UMP... do you?Apparently the urban medicine program and traditional MD are separately considered so don't submit the $70 graduate application if you don't want to do UMP. Learning the hard way...
BigtimeFoodie
Full Member
I said I was interested after they sent me an email and it seems like I got a little swindled because my interview is now only with UMP people and it doesn’t seem like I’m getting consideration of the main campus anymoreApparently the urban medicine program and traditional MD are separately considered so don't submit the $70 graduate application if you don't want to do UMP. Learning the hard way...
Long story short, they automatically gave me a UMP supplemental, but I was interested in traditional only. Similar to @BigtimeFoodie, I thought I would at least be considered for traditional, however this is not the case. I already paid $70 because it takes time to process the graduate application on their end. No fee waiver for FAP either 🙂
Just a confusing process. Definitely email admissions office if you need clarification on anything.
Just a confusing process. Definitely email admissions office if you need clarification on anything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1196843
OOS just got the primary received email. Verified on 6/13
dsyi12400
New Member
How do you know if you received a UMP supplemental? I'm worried now that I might've missed that...Long story short, they automatically gave me a UMP supplemental, but I was interested in traditional only. Similar to @BigtimeFoodie, I thought I would at least be considered for traditional, however this is not the case. I already paid $70 because it takes time to process the graduate application on their end. No fee waiver for FAP either 🙂
Just a confusing process. Definitely email admissions office if you need clarification on anything.
You'll receive an email with a link to the websiteHow do you know if you received a UMP supplemental? I'm worried now that I might've missed that...
eggfriedrice
Full Member
same here. verified super early on. genuinely wondering if i should email the admissions office about itanyone else OOS verified May 27th are still on radio silence from this school? im so confused
anyone else OOS verified May 27th are still on radio silence from this school? im so confused
Dont worry too much -- its very early in the cycle and they have probably just not gotten to your app yet. Most people are in the same boat as you.same here. verified super early on. genuinely wondering if i should email the admissions office about it
edit: that post is specific to MSTP but im confident they use a similar process for MD. they download apps in small batches.
How long after you submitted the general app did you get the actual link to schedule the invite? Its been a bit and I'm nervous lolmine is scheduled and i'm missing a letter still lol
cookiepearwatermelon
Full Member
How long after you submitted the general app did you get the actual link to schedule the invite? Its been a bit and I'm nervous lol
It was about 3 weeks for me after I received the II notification and request to complete IU’s grad app
lean.idler
Full Member
ii 7/18 scheduled 8/5How long after you submitted the general app did you get the actual link to schedule the invite? Its been a bit and I'm nervous lol
thunderlight8
Full Member
lol I submitted in early June and they haven't received my primary yet... maybe they're using internet explorerwow. primary finally received. not like i submitted first day it was available in june or anything lol. sarcasm aside, what's the timeline i can expect to hear something after the primary received email?
primary transmitted 5/28 and just got confirmation email that they recieved it
Hyun Chong
Full Member
+1 OOS II!!! No ties, LM 76, Casper 2Q, submitted primary on 5/28, app received 8/2.
Sisyphus's Rock
Full Member
+1 OOS II 8/19, Completed primary 5/28, Casper 4Q, LM 77
+1 IS II 8/19. Primary Received 8/1, Casper 4Q, LM 65
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
XflamingeskimoX
Full Member
Does receiving a primary application confirmation email have any correlation to getting an interview here? I just received an email that my application was received even through I was complete 6/3
southerncar
Full Member
I submitted primary on 6/15, and grades were confirmed on 7/24. Casper was sent two weeks ago. Now I didn't get any info from it. Is that a sign of R? OOS btw.
Hyun Chong
Full Member
I
It’s too early to tell. I submitted day 1, I got a notification my app was in the process of review by adcoms 3 weeks ago, and my interview invite was received yesterday.I submitted primary on 6/15, and grades were confirmed on 7/24. Casper was sent two weeks ago. Now I didn't get any info from it. Is that a sign of R? OOS btw.
southerncar
Full Member
Congrats! IS or OOS?I
It’s too early to tell. I submitted day 1, I got a notification my app was in the process of review by adcoms 3 weeks ago, and my interview invite was received yesterday.
Is it normal I haven't received a single email from this school and had my primary verified on 7/5?
It’s normal, I just received an email yesterday that they received my application and I was verified in mid-June. They take their time haha
icepenguin2024
Full Member
I was sent an interview invite on July 24, completed all required forms the same week and still have not heard anything about a scheduled interview day. It also says my pre-reqs have not been checked yet. Is anyone in the same boat? I don’t understand why I would get an invite but no scheduled date almost a month later.
TheHelper74
Full Member
I was sent an interview invite on July 24, completed all required forms the same week and still have not heard anything about a scheduled interview day. It also says my pre-reqs have not been checked yet. Is anyone in the same boat? I don’t understand why I would get an invite but no scheduled date almost a month later.
Yes - Same boat. You are not alone.
southerncar
Full Member
I would love to jump on the same boat as your guys, if that’s allowed, haha. At least you guys are getting something, keep us updatedYes - Same boat. You are not alone.
It took them 3+ weeks to schedule me- II sent in July, I scheduled for Sept. Pre-reqs were not updated until a couple weeks after the interview was scheduled. In-state resident, regular decisionYes - Same boat. You are not alone.
bur_covery
Full Member
OOS just got the email that they have received my primary. verified 6/25
KnightTalking
Full Member
OOS just got the email that they have received my primary. verified 6/25
lean.idler
Full Member
Just got the interview day schedule and looks like I'm missing multiple classes 😭
wait mine was just the interview time? they just emailed me my time with no other info about the schedule?Just got the interview day schedule and looks like I'm missing multiple classes 😭
lean.idler
Full Member
that should come soon...i'm interviewing this weds and got the schedule sent fridaywait mine was just the interview time? they just emailed me my time with no other info about the schedule?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jerboajuice
Full Member
They'll send you another email closer to the interview date with a full itinerarywait mine was just the interview time? they just emailed me my time with no other info about the schedule?
when does your interview day end? asking bc I have a night flight like at 8pm that day lol and I dont wanna change my flightThey'll send you another email closer to the interview date with a full itinerary
jerboajuice
Full Member
Everything's concluded by like 4 pm at the latest, I'm not sure if it varies based on your interview day thoughwhen does your interview day end? asking bc I have a night flight like at 8pm that day lol and I dont wanna change my flight