You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Indiana
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
they download apps in very small batches! they still havent finished going through people who submitted prior to transmittal. it shouldnt have any impact on your chances, dont worry 🙂+1 app received..submitted day 1. what a joke
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
on your primary you listed birthplace and high school, both of which could illustrate a significant tie. otherwise, no.I am OOS, but was raised in Indiana and lived there for 11 years; many connections to the state. I haven't yet received a secondary, but is there an opportunity to express these connections at some point?
ok, thanks! Unfortunately those 11 years were elementary + middle lolon your primary you listed birthplace and high school, both of which could illustrate a significant tie. otherwise, no.
ugh thats unfortunate! you can always talk about it during your interview, though 😉 best of luck!ok, thanks! Unfortunately those 11 years were elementary + middle lol
lean.idler
Full Member
Good luck to everyone interviewing today!
I also have some connections to the state and I just emailed the admissions office to let them know after receiving confirmation that they got my primary. No guarantee that it will make any difference but I figured it can't hurtI am OOS, but was raised in Indiana and lived there for 11 years; many connections to the state. I haven't yet received a secondary, but is there an opportunity to express these connections at some point?
jerboajuice
Full Member
I'm pretty sure that on the graduate application you fill out as your secondary you're able to indicate if you have ties to IN? But I'm not 100 percent confident on if I'm remembering correctlyI am OOS, but was raised in Indiana and lived there for 11 years; many connections to the state. I haven't yet received a secondary, but is there an opportunity to express these connections at some point?
bibbleisbetter
Full Member
II received 8/5, but I am still awaiting an interview date. Anyone know how much of a heads up they give you?
I was wondering, for anyone that interviewed yesterday or maybe last Wednesday, if the questions were hard? My interviewers and I just had a conversation, so I was curious about everyone else's experience. Did anyone else have this experience or did most get the standardized questions?
Decaying_Isotope
Full Member
+1 OOS app received email, app was transmitted day 1 lol
southerncar
Full Member
which day is day 1 in this case?+1 OOS app received email, app was transmitted day 1 lol
hifromvenus
Full Member
+ 1 OOS app received email, hoping this is good news
southerncar
Full Member
congrats! mind sharing verified / complete date?+ 1 OOS app received email, hoping this is good news
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Decaying_Isotope
Full Member
Verified before 6/28 when AMCAS first sends apps to programswhich day is day 1 in this case?
tomatosoup1
Full Member
I went to a quarter school and only took one quarter of biochem but the pre-reqs say that quarter system kids need to have 2 quarters to equal 1 semester. I was already invited for an interview - am I going to have to make up this credit?
Yes. They are very strict about prereqs. Ive had friends get accepted with 1 quarter but they weren't allowed to matriculate unless they took a second quarter of biochemI went to a quarter school and only took one quarter of biochem but the pre-reqs say that quarter system kids need to have 2 quarters to equal 1 semester. I was already invited for an interview - am I going to have to make up this credit?
tomatosoup1
Full Member
bruhhhhYes. They are very strict about prereqs. Ive had friends get accepted with 1 quarter but they weren't allowed to matriculate unless they took a second quarter of biochem
jerboajuice
Full Member
The first part of my interview was pretty conversational just asking about a few notable experiences on my app and then I had 3 or 4 standard interview questions afterwards. The questions weren't really hard at all though! I'm not sure what others' experiences are like from this cycle but I've consistently heard from prior applicants that it is typically much more conversational.I was wondering, for anyone that interviewed yesterday or maybe last Wednesday, if the questions were hard? My interviewers and I just had a conversation, so I was curious about everyone else's experience. Did anyone else have this experience or did most get the standardized questions?
Same here. Anyone??Received interview invite 7/19 and haven't heard anything since, had everything checked off within a few days. Is anyone else in a similar situation or did they forget about me
zeyaatin
Full Member
Same here. Anyone??
Me too!
lean.idler
Full Member
it just felt like i was being asked questions tbh :/ less conversational than others have said.For those who have interviewed with IU, what was it like? Mine is in a couple of days
startrxcer
Full Member
Just got the email with my interview date (early October)!
TheHelper74
Full Member
Just got the email with my interview date (early October)!
Congrats! When did you receive the II?
startrxcer
Full Member
Thanks! II was on 07/24.Congrats! When did you receive the II?
Yaa Yeet
Full Member
I had the same experienceit just felt like i was being asked questions tbh :/ less conversational than others have said.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cookiepearwatermelon
Full Member
Interviewed today. 2 on 1 turned to 3 on 1 last minute so very stressful haha. Similar to those above me where it was more questions and follow up questions being asked rather than conversational. Good luck to everyone!
Agree mine was exactly like this. A lot of situational questions, whereas my two other friends who interviewed today had chill, conversational 1 on 1 interviews
lean.idler
Full Member
lowkey jealous of them but i'm glad to hear some people had an experience like mineAgree mine was exactly like this. A lot of situational questions, whereas my two other friends who interviewed today had chill, conversational 1 on 1 interviews
Any instate people not heard back yet about their residency status like if they were designated in state or out of state
Simplydani
Full Member
i have yet to receive a secondary lmao...does this school screen?
There is no secondary!
exileinandersonville
Full Member
Got my interview date! 10/2, got the II 7/26.
eggfriedrice
Full Member
don’t worry. i submitted day 1 of transmission and literally just got the notification that they downloaded my app this morninghaven't even gotten my complete email dang and submitted via primaries like a month back lowkey
thank u omg i am glad they finally updated you that is wilddon’t worry. i submitted day 1 of transmission and literally just got the notification that they downloaded my app this morning
exact same for me--so funny we probably saw eachother on the group zooms/sessionsInterviewed today. 2 on 1 turned to 3 on 1 last minute so very stressful haha. Similar to those above me where it was more questions and follow up questions being asked rather than conversational. Good luck to everyone!
40 minutes for the interview! There are also two additional 45 min time blocks for financial aid and current med student panels. You should be done around 1pmCan anyone who has interviewed say how long it lasted? I’m scheduled for 10/9 at 9:45am EST and wondering if it will be over by 2:30/3pm for work scheduling. Thanks in advance!
FutureLibrarian
New Member
Are the financial aid sessions mandatory?
TheHelper74
Full Member
also got an email this afternoon saying that my interview date is 10/2, got my II back on 7/30
Do you think these are the first non-ED interviews at IUSOM, or have some of the interviews mentioned above been RD?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1191767
I got my II on 08/21, not ED. Haven't gotten the date yet.Do you think these are the first non-ED interviews at IUSOM, or have some of the interviews mentioned above been non-ED?
DDN908
Full Member
Do you think these are the first non-ED interviews at IUSOM, or have some of the interviews mentioned above been non-ED?
My interview was RD
SameMy interview was RD
bibbleisbetter
Full Member
OOS II received 8/5, interview scheduled 9/5 for 10/9
interviews only on wednesdays
interviews only on wednesdays
oos II today, this process of getting all these forms in will be the death of me